Hybrid View

Unhappy urgent help from people who know pacifichost.com

Hello their

after 10 day's of follow up with pacifichost.com company of losing VPS data issue

all i get from them , please send email to management@pacifichost.com

before any explain sorry for my English ...

first my VPS was down when i login to my email i saw an email regarding VPS down time issue , and this is the original message from pacific host company ..

HTML Code:

Havok - One of our VPS Nodes, has suffered a corruption in the RAID Array (Hard disk issue). 

We have currently replaced the failing drive and are rebuilding the Array now, there is quite a lot of data so please bare with us as this could take longer. We understand this is inconvenient and we are highly apologetic in regards to this unexpected issue. 

Please try to hesitate from submitting tickets (This will just cause more work rather than concentration on the real issue to hand) 

We have no ETA on this, however, we are working as hard and as fast as we can to resolve the issue, there should be no data loss and things should return to normal soon. If you find that your Virtual Private server is down, it is most likely due to this issue. 

Again, we are very apologetic about this unexpected situation, however it can happen at anytime and is a part of technology, we hope you can bare with us and understand we are doing our best to get the server back online. 

Who does it effect? 

- This will only effect VPS servers on havok 

Thank you again for your understanding, and have a great day! 

Regards,
    PacificHost LLC
    http://www.pacifichost.com/

i had start contact their support about this issue , they always tell me send email to management@pacifichost.com ...

i wander is their any one here has a VPS at pacific host and has face same problem of main ...
    also can any one help me to fix my issue by contacting their management team because i am from MEA so far away from US and Canada

please guys i am waiting for any advice's i am so broken

Sorry to hear your story, however you might want to take a look at http://www.pacifichost.com/tos.shtml#backups

Every hosting company will tell they backup their stuff at daily, weekly, etc., however must of those backups are not guaranteed, so you should not rely on that and I'm sure this is something you'll ask the future: backup's additional price.

Good luck, my advise will be submit a ticket, no matter they're busy, they should be able to answer you and do their best to fix your issue.
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Hi,

I would highly recommend you email support@pacifichost.com, if not try management@pacifichost.com if you email their management, they can most likely help you further if a support representative cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    Hi,

I would highly recommend you email support@pacifichost.com, if not try management@pacifichost.com if you email their management, they can most likely help you further if a support representative cannot.
    Did you read the first post at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Did you read the first post at all?
    Did you? Apparently not, the OP is contacting their support team and they are forwarding him to their management, I don't see anything wrong with that, please don't attack me when you haven't thoroughly read yourself, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    Did you? Apparently not, the OP is contacting their support team and they are forwarding him to their management, I don't see anything wrong with that, please don't attack me when you haven't thoroughly read yourself, thank you.
    Let's go back to post #1. He's already contacting support@, why would you suggest he contact support@ again when apparently it's not working for him.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Let's go back to post #1. He's already contacting support@, why would you suggest he contact support@ again when apparently it's not working for him.
    Why would I say "they can most likely help you further if a support representative cannot." I was recommending to try to contact their support once more as well as their management, don't you have anything better to do rather then attack someone who's trying to help the OP?

Now I'm confused.

Anyway, @ OP have you received any word back from management@pacifichost.com? Have you read into their SLA? Perhaps you're entitled to a partial refund. As soon as you mention a refund I'm sure managements ears will perk up.
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Unfortunately we did lose VPS data on one of our nodes. Despite it being a Raid 10 server, according to the datacenter 2 drives failed almost at once however I am hesitant to believe this and rather might associated it to faulty hardware.

Nonetheless we have the server back online and it has been over a week since this incident occurred. The R1soft backups we had of the node was incomplete which is why we were unable to restore the data. Nonetheless the server is back online and your VPS was restored to its original state. We brought on a new backup server and the server is now backed up and performing daily backups. As retribution for the issue that occurred we are offering 1 month of VPS hosting for free.

If you have any external backups we would be more than willing to restore them to help get your websites back online.
    Cody McLain
    Founder of PacificHost / AptHost

Quote Originally Posted by NanoCow View Post
    Unfortunately we did lose VPS data on one of our nodes. Despite it being a Raid 10 server, according to the datacenter 2 drives failed almost at once however I am hesitant to believe this and rather might associated it to faulty hardware.

Nonetheless we have the server back online and it has been over a week since this incident occurred. The R1soft backups we had of the node was incomplete which is why we were unable to restore the data. Nonetheless the server is back online and your VPS was restored to its original state. We brought on a new backup server and the server is now backed up and performing daily backups. As retribution for the issue that occurred we are offering 1 month of VPS hosting for free.

If you have any external backups we would be more than willing to restore them to help get your websites back online.
    There you go, problem rectified and a free month to boot.
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

Quote Originally Posted by NanoCow View Post

so all i get from your replay that my websites are gone now , and i need to say to my clients that their websites are gone , 8 years of work has gone away right ?

when i got the Management message regarding server down issue , i had try to backup my websites faster , but the server goes down once i got the Email , so you don't even give me time to backup my websites ....... is that your quality of service

and now from 10 days ago all i get just delay form your support and your Manegment didn't answer me i sent them 4 emails still no response from their side .. can you explain that too

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
    so all i get from your replay that my websites are gone now , and i need to say to my clients that their websites are gone , 8 years of work has gone away right ?

when i got the Management message regarding server down issue , i had try to backup my websites faster , but the server goes down once i got the Email , so you don't even give me time to backup my websites ....... is that your quality of service

and now from 10 days ago all i get just delay form your support and your Manegment didn't answer me i sent them 4 emails still no response from their side .. can you explain that too
    Why didn't you take any backups those 8 years? The customer should ALWAYS take backups of their own stuff, always.

Sorry to say but if you host big companies (and not only those) it is either their or your lapse for not having proper backups. Not a single one in eight years?

I cannot see why the support agent cannot pass the information on to his management team, if it comes into the system as 'Support' and the support agent cannot assist then the best thing to do is for the support agent to escalate that ticket to his management.

There are ways to go about things, but sending a customer in circles is not always a good way of business.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

some of my clients has their backup but form few months ago , but they are requesting of new backup or latest latest week backup ..

my VPS was work fine , i don't think its effected with replacing HDD issue , and i have proof of this

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
    some of my clients has their backup but form few months ago , but they are requesting of new backup or latest latest week backup ..

my VPS was work fine , i don't think its effected with replacing HDD issue , and i have proof of this
    Unfortunately, this may have been a costly lesson learned. I would classify this as critical in the sense that your clients data has vanished and not retrievable. If you’re not going to backup data daily then you should incorporate a routine or automated task to perform weekly backups at the minimum. You could also sell this as an added-feature for your medium-large size clients who's data is significant to their business. Regardless of how good a server may be performing never put 100% of your faith in hardware.
    LevelHosting Inc. - Unlimited Web Hosting at your level
    cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, RVSiteBuilder Pro, Softaculous and 24/7 Support
    Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price!

Quote Originally Posted by LevelHosting Inc View Post
    Unfortunately, this may have been a costly lesson learned. I would classify this as critical in the sense that your clients data has vanished and not retrievable. If you’re not going to backup data daily then you should incorporate a routine or automated task to perform weekly backups at the minimum. You could also sell this as an added-feature for your medium-large size clients who's data is significant to their business. Regardless of how good a server may be performing never put 100% of your faith in hardware.

i didn't max size websites backup was 500MG ,, most of them was blogs and forums and few profilio ...

i had request to restore full VPS data , from 10 days ago its before server crash

and i got this replay from their staff

HTML Code:
    Hello,

I am afraid we do not, there were issues on the day when it was about to backup.
    If we could we would restore every users data.

Regards,

so he said "If we could we would restore every users data."

they have a backup of my VPS but they can't restore it because they well work at all VPS's at the server

You're not going to like this, CJS, but here's the (unfortunate) truth. Or a truth, anyway.

PacificHost can maybe try to restore whatever they could. But if they sincerely say they can't and (knock on wood) lost your data, then...they really can't.

You could try to work out some kind of compensation thing with them. But be aware they're not going to, say, pay you like $10K or so for whatever demonstrable loss there possibly is, and they'll limit their liability like many (if not all) of us tend to do.

Meanwhile, is it possible archive.org or Google cache managed to save some of your clients' web sites or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan View Post
    You're not going to like this, CJS, but here's the (unfortunate) truth. Or a truth, anyway.

PacificHost can maybe try to restore whatever they could. But if they sincerely say they can't and (knock on wood) lost your data, then...they really can't.

You could try to work out some kind of compensation thing with them. But be aware they're not going to, say, pay you like $10K or so for whatever demonstrable loss there possibly is, and they'll limit their liability like many (if not all) of us tend to do.

Meanwhile, is it possible archive.org or Google cache managed to save some of your clients' web sites or so?
    i like your advice thank you very much ,, its ok i understand now ill start from 0 again this is a lesson for me ..