Merchant Account

Hi Guys!

I was wondering if anyone can point me into the right direction. I am looking for a merchant account that understands the business of a web hosting company and allows pre-payments. I currently have 15000 accounts and would like to switch to another provider as the current one I use has poor customer service.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Which one do you use? It is important in which country are you incorporated. If you are in the U.S. you have plenty of option. it is a good idea to check with your bank and to ask them which merchant provider do they recommend.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

I am located in the US. I have found that most banks are old fashion and do not understand how the internet works and especially how hosting works. I find they are more used to face to face transactions.

CDGCommerce is great

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    CDGCommerce is great
    Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. Have you used them? any feedback other then they are great?

Quote Originally Posted by Bri2 View Post
    Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. Have you used them? any feedback other then they are great?
    Yes, they are our merchant provider. They have made a great effort to work with hosting providers and to supply hosting-friendly merchant accounts. Their fees are very reasonable and their staff have been extremely helpful.

A plus side is they have their own merchant gateway (Quantum Gateway) which is free to utilize. This also makes for quick resolutions when you have an issue.

I'll second CDGCommerce. We've used them for a number of years. We have a couple merchant accounts with them.

Just my two cents
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold cPanel Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!

Anyone else know any other companies so I can compare? Thanks you!

Hi Bri2

Have you had any luck finding a merchant provider? You may want to go with a company that not only offers great rates and excellent customer service, but one that has a reseller program so you can make additional revenue from your clients while processing yourself. Some providers even offer special rates for webhosts and isps.

Good Luck,

Erin

CDGCommerce is good one. try for merchant account.

If your in the UK have a look a Global-payments (part of HSBC), we've been with them since October 2010, we got a IP terminal and an Internet merchant account together, setup was pretty easy and the whole process took 2 weeks once the paperwork was sent back. It integrates into our control panel and billing system.

Hope that helps, other than that try SagePay?