My experience so far with MDD hosting and cloudflare

Recently one of my sites started getting decent traffic and on bluehost that meant major throttling and just general slow bad hosting. Which is fine whatever, i wouldn't be complaining if their support people would have just been honest and have said that they were throttling our main site because it is now getting 10k page views a day on a pretty simple wordpress site that basically just posts a few quality images a day. Instead bluehost reps kept insisting that the problem was merely with our site design. So we contacted our developers who were happy to charge us to fix this. Well they tried but it didn't make a difference, even when i implemented cloudflare, which helped a bit but didn't solve the issue. Thankfully i found this community and realized this was probably just a issue of outgrowing bluehost. BTW when we offered to upgrade on bluehost to there better plan if it would help the response we got was "it might help, but we can't say..."

So I did some research and decided that MDDhosting seemed like a well reviewed hosting company with good customer support, which was key to us. Anyway we did the change over and it went smoothly at first but then had some email issues, likely caused by me keeping cloudflare activated during the move and switching dns from CF to mdd then back to CF then back to MDD(due to a cloudflare ddos attack that effected us), which seemed to just mess our email up for a week. I recommend deactivating CF during a hosting switch fwiw.

Anyway, during the process Michael at mdd was very helpful and even went so far as to teamview and troubleshoot our email issue, which he was able to help with. And we are as of yet still just on their advanced shared plan, so it isn't like we are paying significant hosting money yet. And we would have been happy to pay extra for the additional help, but they did it all at no extra cost. Really awesome! I have nightmares trying image what going through something like this would have been like dealing with the customer support on someone like bluehost.

We also like that mdd seems to be a good value and quality hosting all around, so unlike bluehost, we have the room to grow into their semidedicated plan and dedicated plans, as we continue to grow.

MDDHosting was indeed a wise choice. Come back in a few months and let us know how it goes. By the way, thank you for sharing your experience this will help other members.
    CrocWeb :: Canadian Web Hosting
    Accelerate your website, maximum performance! :: Since 2009 (Montreal, Quebec)

Michael seems to be here around clock so I can imagine how he cares of customers.
    Well done and thanks for your review. I suppose that will be helpful for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey1 View Post
    I recommend deactivating CF during a hosting switch.
    I agree to this.

When you change host and you are using CF, just use the setup of your new provider for at least 24hrs. But make sure that you already updated the details in your CF dashboard to your new host. After 24 hrs then you may change again the nameservers to CF.

Nice review with MDD by the way
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Good choice IMO.
    Hope you will be happy using them.

Florida, U.S
    Thanks for your review!

Mike and his company are well known in these forums, you definitely made the right choice leaving Bluehost for MDD.
    HOSTLEET.COM, LLC - Elite Website Hosting Since 2008!
    Fast Reliable Affordable Secure Friendly & Courteous
    RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee PCI-Compliant Checkout
    U.S.A Based & Operated Read Through Our Most F.A.Q's!

This review doesn't surprise me at all. I'm glad to see MDD has wooed another client, i've heard such great things about them.

Keep us updated!
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!

Thanks for sharing your experience mate. Glad to here that you are really enjoying their services. Your decision to go with MDD can not go wrong as they are very reputed in the industry. Keep us posted again.

Great initial job by MDD, I'm sure it will be that good all the time, keep us updated please. - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Quote Originally Posted by CrocWeb View Post
    MDDHosting was indeed a wise choice. Come back in a few months and let us know how it goes. By the way, thank you for sharing your experience this will help other members.
    Sure thing. This community was a lucky break for us.

Welcome to WHT!

Glad you're happy with your new host.
    HostXNow - cPanel Web Hosting | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure & Reliable Managed Pure SSD Hosting
    Helpful and friendly 24x7 Support via Chat & Helpdesk
    Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Backup Hosting

Being as its been 6 months i thought i'd post a quick update. Things have continued to go well for us at mdd, we had a small issue recently with a ad pluggin for wordpress that was causing a issue with MySQL. They were helpful enough to actually tell us what was causing the problem (::cough:: unlike bluehost), the fix was pretty easy on our part, just swapping out pluggins.

We still are using cloudflare for our main site, and are happy with it. It saves us over 85% of our bandwidth usage, which is crazy, last month it saved us something like 700GB.

Indiana, USA
    It is nice for you to come back and update your review, and it's nice that you updated an old review rather than making an entirely new/separate one so that the history is more easily seen.

Thank you for the kind words.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS

Sounds great, shall keep that in mind when looking for a host for my personal websites.