* SpeakServers.com Review

Well, its about that time now where I give credit to a company when it is due! I have been with Speakservers.com for 7 months now and i've been extremely happy! We were looking for a backup server for our clients and came across a special offer that we found on WebHostingtalk. I contacted the sales department and was told that they were out of stock on a $20.00/month server, but that they would have more in the next week. I told them that I wasn't in a rush and contacted them the following week to checkup on my order. I was told that they still didn't have the server, but they would offer me another special with another $10 off per month.

I told them that it wasn't that much of an increase in price, but I thought it was kind of unfair after waiting a week to be told I would be paying $10/month more. Scott talked to someone and was able to get me a better server for the exact same price I was requesting at previously. I can't tell you how excited I was and how fast the setup took. I wasn't really expecting much from SpeakServers.com, but they went above and beyond.

The network has been pretty much rock solid (74.122.160.74) and haven't really seen any real complaints. I did notice quite a few scheduled maintenance during my first few months. The maintenance was always done quickly, efficiently, and correct the first time!

The "Unmanaged" support has been nothing but unmanaged. My server was down due to a configuration error on my end and they contacted me within 15 minutes to inform me that my server was down. I never signed up to be notified if my server was down and I was glad to see them monitoring my server. I have submitted maybe 3 support tickets in the past 7 months and all them have been related to general questions i've had. Its never been related to the overall service.

The Price can't be beat!. I have a Atom 420, 320Gb Drive, 2 GB Ram, 5Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth on a 100Mbit port (currently have it capped for 5Mbps), 5 ipv4 Ip addresses, and a free /64 ipv6 block. I got all this for $20/month and is by far the best offer i've ever found.

The billing department has only helped me out once. I accidentally went over on my bandwidth usage and they were kind enough to remove the overage from my account.

Overall, i'm happy and plan on being a long term customer with them.

Support: 10/10
    Network: 8/10
    Price: 11/10
    Billing: 10/10
    Customer Service: 10/10

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad we're meeting your expectations.
    SPEAKservers, LLC - Premium Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Virtual Servers - Colocation - Transport/DIA - VoIP
    sales@speakservers.com / scott@speakservers.com

Maybe its just bad luck, but I just found out that my drive is going bad. I just contacted support and about 15 minutes later they stated that they would be replacing it for me. I told them that they didn't have to do it now (because its late), but they insisted and i'm now just waiting for the confirmation that everything has been completed.

I can't express how grateful I am to the Team over at Speakservers.com and especially Scott.

What bandwidth speed you can get ?

Quote Originally Posted by faselux View Post
    What bandwidth speed you can get ?
    The deal I received comes with 100Mbps port with up to about 1500GB transfer per month.

Just wanted to update that the OS and new drive took about an hour to complete. This is by far pretty fast and especially contacting them at late hours of the night.