Who would you say are the premium VPS vendors?

I've been pricing out premium VPS providers. By this I mean vendors who offer SLAs, highly responsive support, etc. They're priced above the usual VPS levels - for example, $20 for a 512MB Xen VPS with 16GB of disk and 200GB of bandwidth (linode). I'm specifically looking for unmanaged servers.

Names that come to mind are linode and 6sync. Others I should consider?

Slicehost does not offer an SLA, though they're in the same market space.

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    I've been pricing out premium VPS providers. By this I mean vendors who offer SLAs, highly responsive support, etc. They're priced above the usual VPS levels - for example, $20 for a 512MB Xen VPS with 16GB of disk and 200GB of bandwidth (linode). I'm specifically looking for unmanaged servers.

You can always look into Liquid web they have some awesome vps, I remember back in the days that how we started.

Hmm, depends where you're located at.
    In my opinion, hetzner is a good choice.
    http://www.hetzner.de

cheers

Provider who not oversell his server is premium. Deploy non-oversold nodes are expensive to provider, but better for customer.
    Time4VPS - flexible, worry-free, fast and affordable VPS hosting in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by epsilonsys View Post
    Hmm, depends where you're located at.
    In my opinion, hetzner is a good choice.
    http://www.hetzner.de

cheers
    Hetzner is known to be a budget provider. Doesn't mean they are bad, but it is not what the TS is asking for

In the USA: site5.
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

In my opinion SLAs are pointless, most if not all are simply refunds based on downtime which on a $80/m vps could mean thousands lost due to downtime yet a max of $80/m. 'Premium' in hosting is usually based on support but I would look for a host that has replication, load balancing and instant migration (no loss of connections), alas nobody offers this even though all the components exist. Maybe I'll create something like this in time.

I consider EuroVPS to be a premium host -- it's why I use them.
    Some may consider SolarVPS, WiredTree, ServInt and others to be premium VPS hosts.

SLAs are toilet paper -- hardware/network quality, support and uptime are what matter.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

You've pretty much hit the top 2 for unmanaged XEN/KVM, in my opinion. You'll be very happy with either.

For unmanaged and great I don't honestly know too many competitors to Linode or 6sync. I use both personally, and I haven't had a need to look for competition, nor do I know of anyone who has proven themselves in the same market segment.
    What did you expect was going to happen?
    6sync is where I've made my home ): // @tenkay

I would say providers who want to earn in the long run by providing non-oversold nodes and. Biggest problems comes with kiddies who want to make a quick buck and get right over night by brutally overselling nodes (that too low end servers at cheapest rates).
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

I would agree with the opinions on SLA's here. If you've ever looked at a typical SLA contract, you'll see it's generally more of a pain to get the few dollars you're owed than the money is worth, and there are so many exceptions to when you can get paid and how much and what you have to prove, to make it all but worthless.

Even so, I do have a number of potential customers coming to me asking if I have an SLA, and I think the general impression is, that if you don't have one, then it's because you don't stand behind the quality of your service. I'm considering offering an SLA for this very reason, to express to people that I stand behind my service, even though personally I think SLAs, as commonly written, are generally worthless.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Liquidweb Storm or Rackspace Cloud.

Definitely clustered.net is another one (UK).