recover from bad reputation?

how will a hosting company with a bad reputation recover and get back to its business?

they won't trust is the key to sucsess.
    Cheap and Reliable Reseller And VPS Services!
    Co-Location | VPS | WHM Resellers | Cpanel Accounts | ORDER

Quote Originally Posted by enhu View Post
    how will a hosting company with a bad reputation recover and get back to its business?
    Start providing a good service would be the best way.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

Turn things around support and service wise, then give it time. I don't think you'll ever fully recover, but people will somewhat forget about it if you can make up for it in the long run. Overall though, once a bridge is burned, it's burned.

agree also but you are problably not going to get the old clients that you upset back or canceled there services ect. Prosuming that is what happened or was it not your business that has a bad rep if you dont mind me asking?
    Cheap and Reliable Reseller And VPS Services!
    Co-Location | VPS | WHM Resellers | Cpanel Accounts | ORDER

A bad reputation is usually the result of an extended length of bad business practices. A good reputation is the result of the exact opposite but takes much longer to regain. Its not impossible to recover but it will likely take four times longer to rebuild a reputation.
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

In regards to reputation management, you could look at someone that deals in this kind of service. Especially when it comes to results that can be manipulated to a certain degree.

For example alot of bad reviews may come up on Google for your company name, an SEO or agency that deals in reputation management may have resources to beat those down/off the first few pages. Expect to pay a premium for reputation management services though.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!

Resolve the problems that caused your bad reputation in the first place. Then don't make them again. People have surprisingly short-term memories...

Quote Originally Posted by enhu View Post
    Depends on what the reputation is.

One guy complaining on WHT or lowendbox? Sure. You will always have some negative press if someone googles your company name. It's unavoidable. (Responding to complaints and telling your side of the story in a professional way is a good antidote...idiot customers usually show their true colors).

A bad company that you bought and are repairing? Definitely. "Under new management".

Some mistakes you made? Yes, if you're forthright. It always amazes me that companies don't admit their mistakes. I'd be more trusting of a company that said "we screwed up but here's the steps we took to make sure it never happens again" that someone who pretends a major problem never happened.

thanks for the replies. ever tried changing your company's name for good?

If you change the name I feel the rep will still follow. The rep follows the owner also.

Recognize they did something bad and they'll be working on doing it better, and prove it with actions ALWAYS!
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Some people have big egos and won't accept your apology no matter how sorry you are. Some people will never say sorry. You have to improve upon your existing client base or the clients that come to you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    It always amazes me that companies don't admit their mistakes. I'd be more trusting of a company that said "we screwed up but here's the steps we took to make sure it never happens again"
    +1.

buy the Truste cert ? hackersafe cert and other certs?
    Looking for shared or reseller or VPS Hosting ?
    Try our service at https://www.sosys.net!
    Singapore - Indonesia - Malaysia

If your image is so badly damaged by previous actions, then you may want to consider starting anew. Change the name, appearance, the way things are handled, etc.

To start..

The company should make sure that it reaches out to its existing clients and apologize for the bad service & assure them that they are doing their best to give it a fresh start with better services..

This will not assure the existing clients will come back or stay but atleast it will make an impression on them that you are trying and they wont go on talkin bad about your services to friends & family.

Secondly.. Just change your ways.. Provide a better service.. look from the point of view of a customer. For a while don't think about your profits but customer satisfaction...
    Your Search For Web Solutions Ends Here -
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Web Designing - Web Development
    www.chanan.in
    www.labs.chanan.in

Well, it is definitely hard to regain the reputation though it is not impossible. A host should thoroughly analyse the facts that lead to a bad reputation. Try to improve fast on those draw backs and make the clients feel the changes in service quality. As some body said it may take comparatively long time to regain the reputation than building it for the first time or losing it.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

yeah the problem with a bad reputation is it is hard to change people's perceptions of the person/company

however it's not impossible (just unusual) for things to completely change.
    However the reason the company had a bad reputation was because someone or some people made bad decisions somewhere and people's behaviours are much harder to change than poor server uptime or even a poor server provider.

what alot of company owners forget is what they wanted from the service/company when they where customers not providers.

i can tell you a funny story about a customer i used to have when i worked in a pub liked everything to be top quality good stuff (spent the money on it) used to moan if the beer wasn't 100% and expected his money back...... that same bloke bought the lease and took over the pub.

He quickly changed all the high quality food we sold to cheaper (and not as nice alternatives) the beer was always funny smelling and tasting, his language was appaling, he wouldn't give anyone there money back and thought they had a cheek if they asked for a replacement drink when they complained he said what do you want me to do about it?

needless to say he didn't last very long but he never saw the error of his ways (despite us trying to tell him) customers are now coming back and the pub is like it used to be (80+ for sunday dinners instead of 8)

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

The point here shalln't be missed is; did the person who built a bad reputation for himself and/or his company got healed? What happened, did he understand which exact mistakes got him the result of having a bad rep?

As long as he fools himself by just saying I was bad starting today morning I am being good it ain't gonna work and on the contarary if he really understands and admits his mistakes and sincerely tries to correct them I am sure the audience will interested again with him.
    FLIPPER HOST Budget VPS, Resellers & Shared Linux Hosting
    cPanel/WHM, Solus VM, RV Site Builder Pro, Fantastico & Softaculous
    24x7 Heroic Ticketing and Live Chat
    Flipper Host is an Invest Lion Company