* Hivelocity... Finally a year of hedache free hosting!

About a year ago I started looking for a new dedicated server provider because I had been facing server and support issues with caro.net. I have a fairly large custom coded site that initially worked well on caroís server. After I started growing a larger and larger user base, I started having functionality problems with my server. Extremely high load, page load times would be minutes upon minutes. My domain was steadily losing its rankings and new registrations were slowing down as well. I had contacted several hosts to see what might be done to fix my issues (caro support got me nowhere.) The general consensus to fix my issues was to buy the biggest server they had and it will fix my problem. Each host had something different to offer, dual quad this, another says it is your i/o, another says RAM. I get that bigger is better and I know what load is and how much RAM I have left etc etc. I thought my search would never end and it would all boil down to price. Thatís when I spoke Dave at Hivelocity. At first I thought I was lost and I had accidentally opened a chat with a technical rep. This guy just asked me for my login info. I wasnít sure about giving this out initially but figured there wasnít much a sales guy could probably mess up anyway. After10 minutes of checking out our current server, Dave was able to pinpoint several issues with our current configuration and how to fix them. The server that we were in was just a bit under the threshold of where we needed to be to run efficiently. But for our site to grow we needed something that we could expand into and build upon. After about 45 minutes we had the perfect server picked out, we had a plan on how to move and the server we were in was in good enough shape to last at least another 8 hours without the constant crashing to allow for the move. Iíve had a few issues since then with DNS records and Dave has always been there to help. I feel comfortable with letting him take the reins inorder to get to the root of a problem and if itís something he canít fix himself he has the entire technical support staff behind him at Hivelocity to help keep my site (and my business) on track.

Glad to hear! I spoke with Dave from HiVelocity before and he was always very nice! Keep up the good work HiVelocity!

Great Review. I've heard good things of HiVelocity. Keep it up guys!
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

Hivelocity is great, unless you want to access their Dell KVM things with Linux Never could get that working, and had to keep an XP VM around for when I needed the KVM. Otherwise good host for the several months I used them
    [GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    There is no millibit. There is no gram-bit. There is no Kelvin-Byte.

Quote Originally Posted by petteyg359 View Post
    Hivelocity is great, unless you want to access their Dell KVM things with Linux Never could get that working, and had to keep an XP VM around for when I needed the KVM. Otherwise good host for the several months I used them
    It's the spider KVMs, there's an extra component for java's JRE you have to install to get it to work right. But, the xp VM is almost a necessity so might as well use it
    Dave Parish
    (727)755-4033

If you don't mind me asking what was the reason you left , since it seemed that you were happy with the services you received?
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Glad to hear things are looking up @ Hivelocity. I remember dreading my server with them a couple years back, too many latency issues, getting d/c'ed (twice) for no valid reason. Might look to moving back there shortly though, given my recent hardware issues.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    If you don't mind me asking what was the reason you left , since it seemed that you were happy with the services you received?
    Found what I needed for cheaper over time in another country. If geography becomes important in the the future you're still on the list
    [GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    There is no millibit. There is no gram-bit. There is no Kelvin-Byte.

Found what I needed for cheaper over time in another country. If geography becomes important in the the future you're still on the list
    Just out of curiosity , what other country/s would you like to see Hivelocity in? We are in the process of adding to additional POP's in the US , then we are considering adding another towards the years end in another country.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test

Try launching it with the sun.com version of java.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Glad to hear things are looking up @ Hivelocity. I remember dreading my server with them a couple years back, too many latency issues, getting d/c'ed (twice) for no valid reason. Might look to moving back there shortly though, given my recent hardware issues.
    We have done a number of Network upgrades in the last couple of years , from adding new providers , which we are adding 3 more as well as quite a bit of private peering within the next 60 days. We have also upgraded all of our core routing gear , and our overall capacity has literally gone from 8gbps to 120gbps with another 40gbps coming with the previously mentioned network expansion.

We have also been talking about doing a 15 day money back guarantee for any client that canceled in the past and was in good standing with us at that time.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Network Speed Test