do you think how much is reliable to run a server stable ?

Hi,

for a shared hosting server,

people hope it can not stable,

do you think how much is reliable to run a server stable ?

it may include management fee or related software/script.

thanx

It depends on what you are doing on it. As long as you don't overload the server, it should be stable. Whether you have 1 account on a P3 or 100 accounts on a DualXeon, it has to be balanced.

You have to get a server that is powerful enough for the amount of accounts and traffic you are getting. You should check with your datacenter to evaluate your load and hardware and see if an upgrade is necessary or not.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

with your experience,do you think a fore-core and fore-core(with HT) server,how much account to host is acceptable ? thanx

There is no specific number that can be given. It all depends on what type of traffic and how much data will be transferred. You may be able to fit 1,000 small traffic sites or just 1 large traffic site.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

try to get server from ORACLE they are one of the best and they always give some offers

everyone hope it is stable or not they need to pay more to update to VPS or reseller package. It depend on how your hosting provider manage it . Mostly big company unable to manage it all the time which who use overload because lack of time to manage it. So if go with share hosting , i may suggest you go with small company for sometime with better service.

run it for one month, if not down, it is stable

From my experience i give importance to server cpu cores and RAM! Whether your having 1-1000(s) of accounts always check the server load! I recommend 16 core server or atleast 8 cores with minimum of 2GB RAM!

Security stuffs should be installed and taken care and of course some apps like clam av virus scanner can increase your server's load!

Install small number of apps as possible! Disable apps which are using more server load.!