Is it just me or has SL/100TB become FDC...

It seems to me like their network is now FDC equivalent and there seems to be a lot of null routing involved lately due to using "too much bandwidth" when in fact people haven't used half their allowed bandwidth.

Why is 100TB.com selling 100TB and then SL is d/c the customer's servers. To me, this doesn't seem right.

Would like an explanation from their staff here.

You're going to see isolated issues here and there - I am a customer of 100tb.com and am really happy with the performance I get from my servers there.

Not sure I understand your question - sounds like you're asking why is 100tb.com reselling Softlayer's servers? I guess the answer is, why not? Their network is great, their hardware is great.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I would agree with sirius. We have several servers at 100tb/SL and haven't faced any such issues so far.

Hah! Comparing SoftLayer to FDC is like comparing Beverly Hills to Compton or some other equally run down ghetto. The two companies are extremely different, for example FDC goes for quantity and are able to offer such low prices by not having UPS's and god knows what else, whereas SoftLayer offers high quality bandwidth + the infrastructure and you pay accordingly. Just because you're being nullrouted by SoftLayer, does not in any way shape or form put them into the same league as FDC...

Sorry for the confusion with this. Didn't mean to down talk SL or 100tb. You may close this ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdavids22 View Post
    It seems to me like their network is now FDC equivalent and there seems to be a lot of null routing involved lately due to using "too much bandwidth" when in fact people haven't used half their allowed bandwidth.

Why is 100TB.com selling 100TB and then SL is d/c the customer's servers. To me, this doesn't seem right.

Would like an explanation from their staff here.
    I have servers with 100TB.com and you can actually use the full 1gbit without issue. I am having issues with another provider offering 100TB but it is not 100TB.com

I thought the question was.. why are some 100TB/Softlayer customers getting throttled down with bandwith.

Some have been disconnected for running CDN services while staying within their bandwith allocation. While there are lots that are not some have definitely complained about issues that are being called DOS when they are clearly not.

There are some hiccups, according to the reviews on this board, due with the TP and SL merge. Hopefully they'll get everything sorted out.