Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Only 1

I have over 500 passwords and it is impossible to remember them specially when you have random passwords for everything mixed with upper lower case, special characters, numeric. We use Roboform and for couple of years it works fine for us.
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by popgals View Post
    In my mind , there are two passwords . one is for online , one is for card of bank .
    This is asking for trouble down the road =\ Password entropy isn't all that relevant, the real danger is reusing the same passwords. Let's take a fairly notorious example, Facebook. We all know they're less than honest when it comes to user privacy, etc.

If someone manages to get your FB password, they now have your name and email. From logging into your email account, they can now sift through and possibly find bank statements/PayPal/etc. Now they're in your bank account, viewing your SSN, and you've just invited a world of headache that could take years to clean up.

Never, _EVER_ reuse passwords, especially on social media or free-service sites.

No longer affiliated in any way with Frantech/BuyVM

Quote Originally Posted by Aldryic C'boas View Post
    I keep an encrypted microSD card on me, with a mSD->usb converter. This contains an sqlite DB of all of my various passwords (around 35), portable sqlite clients for nix and windows, various other tools, 3-4 RSA keys, and a menagerie of other information.

i like...:p

What would you suggest as a good portable sqlite client?

@rolz14

I use the windows binary, and compiled linux binary available from http://www.sqlite.org/download.html . There's no real added security to using sqlite, I just do a _lot_ of my regular work in commandline SQL, so I find sqlite easier to find information in than a regular text file

Yeah, i just thought it was neat.

thanks!

ps. i use around 15 different passwords depending on site password restrictions

Just the one that unlocks my KeyPass database.

Within the database I have around 50-60 for just about everything; banking, servers, websites, etc. All generated by KeyPass using 18 chars, impossible to remember really, example password just generated: %L7QnWri"ey%wWWvE&

I keep a backup copy of the database on a USB stick in the safe we have at the office and another copy in another safe at another property.

You may like to read http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2009/1...-password.html A very nice article written on Google Blog by Google developers.
    RVH Cloud - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support

I keep around 10 in my head. For the rest I use KeePass then backup once a week to one of my servers after using TrueCrypt, under an encrypted directory so I have access to it when need be. I also keep a copy of it on my phone with mobile KeePass, so I can open at any time and view any pass I need We're in the new age guys, no SD card needed ha ha

I can remember unlimited numbers of passwords. Surprised!!!!!!
    Listen how it is possible....I do not memorize passwords... I am using passwords on some logic and no need to memorize all that.

Quote Originally Posted by humawebdesign View Post
    I can remember unlimited numbers of passwords. Surprised!!!!!!
    Listen how it is possible....I do not memorize passwords... I am using passwords on some logic and no need to memorize all that.
    So all someone has to do is figure out your logic and Boom

I have no logic, I can't even figure me out ha ha ha

Just messin with ya

Quote Originally Posted by hellind2 View Post
    4 lowercase
    4 uppercase
    4 symbols
    4 numbers
    should handle all kind of password restrictions, but how do you mange when the system restrict the maximum characters you can use in a password. I have seen sites limiting to maximum of 10 characters.
    I tend to stay away from websites that have poor restrictions like that because they obviously don't take pride in security. If its something that i "must" i will tend to have to write it down and type it a few times before i will remember it... :\

I have about 4 in my head. But I write down important passwords in my iPhone which is password protected and I can remotely wipe it if it ever gets lost/stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by cselzer View Post
    I tend to stay away from websites that have poor restrictions like that because they obviously don't take pride in security. If its something that i "must" i will tend to have to write it down and type it a few times before i will remember it... :\
    You'll run into a similar problem with mySQL, which only allows for 16 character usernames. I still follow the same procedure (24-32 char randomly generated), I just trim it down to the required length if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreak53 View Post
    We're in the new age guys, no SD card needed ha ha
    Using the mobile isn't a bad idea tbh for passwords alone but, where's the phone storing it too?

Good thing about a microSD card with USB is it's quick, easy & simple - no trouble - which chances are I'll be at a pc needing to use it in the first place it has my email client, bookmarks ... etc
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net

most my passwords are 16-20 characters and I know tons and tons.. I can think of 50 or so off the top of my head.. many people tell me I have a photographic memory.

I do have a USB drive with all my passwords but most the time I don't need to pull it out and use it anymore
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by jfreak53 View Post
    So all someone has to do is figure out your logic and Boom

I have no logic, I can't even figure me out ha ha ha

Just messin with ya
    ....... Hahaha
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Quote Originally Posted by SercoNetworks View Post
    Just the one that unlocks my KeyPass database.

Within the database I have around 50-60 for just about everything; banking, servers, websites, etc. All generated by KeyPass using 18 chars, impossible to remember really, example password just generated: %L7QnWri"ey%wWWvE&

I keep a backup copy of the database on a USB stick in the safe we have at the office and another copy in another safe at another property.
    May I ask the difference between their classic and professional edition (aside from the prerequisite)? I find this interesting tool.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    ....... Hahaha
    Don't encourage he's phishing errr soz fishing
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net

About 20 but day after day its an increasing problem.
    Hosting and software in Colombia
    https://www.soluweb.co

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    May I ask the difference between their classic and professional edition (aside from the prerequisite)? I find this interesting tool.
    Good question - from what I understand, 2.x (professional) was a complete rewrite of 1.x (classic) utilising .NET to improve the program significantly.

This page explains it quite well

I remember two passwords the one to get into my Ironkey and the other to open my Keepass which is stored on it.

Everything else is just way to complicated to remember at this point.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

Probably around 10 personal passwords, but none of my business passwords as those are all impossible to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    I remember two passwords the one to get into my Ironkey and the other to open my Keepass which is stored on it.

Everything else is just way to complicated to remember at this point.
    Now I'm jealous with that Ironkey I really like to have one of those and the price here in the PH is ridiculously high. I might order one when I go to US this Dec. Are you using the Classic or Pro for KeyPass?

Geez,

I have three different alpha passwords (6, 7 and 7 letters in length) for various low security purposes.

I expand one of those passwords to 10 alpha/numeric for more important things.

I expand that password even more for even more important things.

Then I have unique passwords for things like PayPal (alpha/numeric/symbol).

And for my servers I have random generated passwords for maximum security.

How many in total? Too many.

Too many passwords.

I think i have a totla of 5, put their all a mixture of words and numbers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast