Anyone have any experience with theprimehost dedicated servers?

Just as the title states.
    Anyone here ever have any issues with them? More so hardware issues? If so, how long did it take to get it fixed?

Thanks

I wouldn't know as I've never used them. But why are you considering them? Do they offer the specs/pricing that you're after?

Please tell us what your requirements are?

I am currently with them. I been with them for a few years. Last few months I changed to their dedicated server. However, been having issues getting hardware issues fixed. Not sure it's theprimehost or their DC creating the slow respone times on the resolve and or communcation on what they are doing.

Oh ok. I'm sure one of their reps will explain things to you shortly.

I can only hope...... it's been 9 hours... already.

I guess they are fixing it already but just taking so long? Is that what you meant?

If so, well, only them can answer it.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    I guess they are fixing it already but just taking so long? Is that what you meant?

If so, well, only them can answer it.
    Yes, but I suppose OP is asking at WHT to find out whether any other members have had the same trouble or not and wants to know if he's just being given the run around. If he is, he can stopping wasting his time and start looking into other providers.

Honestly, it shouldn't take any provider 11 hours to fix a bad drive and or Mobo and or someone to pull the box and check the cable on the HD.

Considering I am still able to ssh into the box and see nothing been done, hd still stuck in read only mode because something is going on with it(Bad HD, Mobo, Cable).

It should not take an datacenter(request was made to them from theprimehost) 11 hours to do that.

Of coruse I am still waiting for some sort of actioning on it.

Hello Harvey,
    Per our ticketed response to you, we were waiting on our DC for a reply.

The server you are on is an old P4 that we purchased from our DC (We purchased a few from them) and both HDD's started showing signs of failure shortly there after - so we replaced them both, your primary with a Western Digital Raid Edition (top of the line drive). This issue appears to be the cable / cable seating or possibly RAM (lesson learned - no more used hardware for us!)

You're right in that it should never take this long to replace hardware or to check on something. In 99% of instances our DC has been absolutely stellar. They go above and beyond and are excellent to work with. I think this case was just one of those situations where humans are fallible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to "pass the buck" here, it is our fault for purchasing the used hardware and then leasing it out. Rest assured that won't be done again. As far as a resolution time to correct the hardware, we are at the mercy of our DC and I do apologize for the situation. I can tell you it certainly isn't the norm for our SuperMicro related equipment nor when I need Hardware swapped.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Ya I understand. This is just the 2nd time this has happen.... both times, it took that DC 8 hours plus to do anything. Either or is distroyed what I had build up. I just find it unbelievable it is taking them soo long again...

I will say you did discounted my invoice for that month greatly.

But really.. again? over 8 hours to fix it? Either way damage is done and nothing is going to fix that. I am just waiting for the thing to come back up.

Thanks

Harvey,
    I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses here. The first time was for your hard drive replacement (The DC replaced 2 hard drives on yours and the other used P4 I purchased in the same sitting).

I just spoke with an owner of our DC and he let me know that the delay was indeed caused by a technician (whom I spoke to on live chat just before logging off for the night) who did not properly escalate the issue.

The technician has been "reminded" of proper escalation procedure. As I stated previously this kind of delay is certainly not the norm for hardware replacement and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused.

So here I go again.. 3rd time.... Been an hour n half.. My server still puking because the HD failures once again...

There is no need for a server to be down for over an hour n half and not even being looked at.

Mean while, Another providers support which I created a ticket for at the same time for a very non important issue, whmcs lic, has replied and is almost completed its very non important task.

I'm Sorry but something is wrong there

ON a side note, anyone ever hear of Colo@? Know a website? Anyway to contact them?

Hello Harvey,
    As I type this your server is back up and running. It did indeed require another manual FSCK. I doubt it's the drives at this point due to the fact that your primary is a brand new Western Digital RE4 with less than 30 days usage total.

In any event as stated in your ticket I've credited your account with 30 days of free service should you wish to use it (including your Cpanel & WHMCS License). I do apologize for the mess that this machine has caused and the previous wait times.

If this is such a big issue to you, consider ordering directly from the DC, when there is middlemen involved, it's going to be slower to get things done.

Chasebug, It would be a big issue for anyone who runs a server. Downtime == money lost.

theprimehost, thank you for the credit. I only need it up for another couple of days to get the old data moved.

Also, just to let everyone know. Don't take my complaint as an overview of this company. They are good. Sadly support and me there doesn't work out and I have moved to another place. Support just isn't fast enough for major issues and it seem the DC is at fault for the slow response times.

Thank you