Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need suggestion for Hosting - confused by the flood of info

After reading so many site and info i am so Confuse .

so here i am asking . a question asked by many for ages .

so bare with me for repeating the question .

but before i go i would list my needs and what i use it for .

1. adsense
    2. i own a diet domain name immediatediet.com
    3. will be using it for another domain moneylen.com
    4. more domain shareca.com
    5. even more domain but still thinking . coolweblink.com ( going to do marketing with expected about 2000 uip or more in the first few month
    6. will be using Durpal & wordpress .
    7. all the site will have SEO done to it . to get traffic from backlink and social network .

8. target user UK / US

kindly suggest bas eon my needs and if i miss out any point feel free to ask and i would be more then happy to spec it .

I suggest you start with a Reseller or Semi-Dedicated hosting account. But get one from a provider that offers a lot of other services so you can upgrade to a VPS or Dedicated server when needed.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

i am really new to all this so price for a start is much into consideration

while i agree that a dedi and vps would be much better but the price is much higher also .

Hello ,

I would suggest you to go for a semi-dedicated hosting with hardware virtulization and also go for managed hosting .

with suggestion any link or direction to point me to look at .

As it is the starting stage I think you can choose some good shared or reseller hosting package.

Most shared and reseller hosting packages comes with managed services so you don't have to worry about it. Still you should make sure that you will be choosing managed service only.

And once you feel that your website is going to give a good result don't hesitate to move to a VPS at the earliest.

A reseller account will allow you to set up each domain with their own account. I prefer cPanel based reseller accounts, and have used reseller accounts from Dathorn.com (I was there for 7 years) and briefly at SurpassHosting.com (part of HostDime.com), and they were fine too. Dathorn really shines in the support department, but I outgrew their services and needed a VPS.

You do need to check the TOS of each provider. If "moneylen.com" is a lending site, it will run afoul of many provider's TOS (the US has strict financial regulations that apply).

i have no plan for moneyLen.com yet .

might be a Stock webpage that view Stock info or a webpage that share money view, but i got to agree with you on the law site .

trhanks for the good suggest i will look at it right away

osix;

Yes, the question has been asked too many times.

It seems that it starts out as some one asking for hosting recommendations (while the intent is to build a list of reasons for failure).

2000 uip (unique IP addresses) in the first few months. Trash domain names. Same thing is tried all the time.

What you need is thousands of machines in thousands of data centers around the world. Geographic dispersion provides that each site will be on a different subnet. You will have to run your own DNS servers (hundreds of them, again geographically dispersed). You will need backup machines ready to take over as others in your network get taken down. You will require several proxy servers around the world to run traffic through to make it tough to trace.

Only a very large setup as described has any chance of surviving long enough for what ever the given scam is to generate noticeable income.

Really the ones that can do this are already doing it. The ones like this that start by building a list of scapegoats are really of no consequence.

to me 2000 uip sound like so little .

but maybe a smaller plan to take over the world for the moment .

you told me thousand of machine just for 2000 uip ?

are we on the same path ?

a small reseller pan sound nice and the option to upgrade to vps as i grow sound good also .

what i need to find now is who is good and fair .

some direction would be great .

thanks

Make sure you host let's you host a lot of domain names, or unlimited. Everything you've listed is mostly allowed by all paid hosting. Go to the advertising part of this forum and pick the best deal, and make sure as stated above it allows you to host a lot of domains.

I don't think a reseller plan is what your looking for? Reseller is for reselling hosting...

All you need is a good shared host. If you want more control, you can go for a VPS, but it's considerably more and since your new, I would just recommended shared hosting. I made the same mistake when I was new. I thought I could get the best when I didn't know that much... big mistake. Start small, then you can upgrade to a VPS if you want that.

I agree that you'd what a Cpanel host, too, but you can use add-on domains with cpanel on shared hosting, and it's pretty much the same as reseller...

Good luck,

Mike

Thanks you Mike , your Advice had been Great .

miketh2005;

How would you plan to get 2000 unique IP addresses in "any paid hosting" account?

i think you misunderstand what i am asking for UIP refering unique IP vistor

Hmmm... uip just referring to the visitor...

Adsense, SEO, Social Network ...

What is the point of multiple domain names? Maybe a slight SEO thing...

One sniff of someone being asked to click on an adsense link and the entire income stream stops - since they (clicks) all come from the same IP address. Not only does the income stream stop, the investment in domain names is a loss.

Ok, so it is just a fools game at this level...

kindly stick to topic and suggest a webhosting if you have one thanks you

Sorry, I forgot to add to my last post;

I can't imagine any host that this would work on for any amount of time...

I'll stick with my earlier recommendation.

maybe you had try too hard to explain something so simple . as i jad pointed to you that 2000 Uip refering to visitor not ip address ,
    yet you seem to be enjoying your speech . if you would kindly suggest or i am sure you have better thing to do then trying to confuse me more .

thanks you

You have to ignore the "noise" here sometimes. Part of the reason is that some people will misunderstand you, and others will jump to a conclusion. I understood what you meant.

As to the option of shared verses reseller: there are shared accounts which allow "add on domains". In this type of account, you can "add on" a domain to your account, and manage it within the same control panel. The added on domain is stored in a folder within your account, but to the web visitor it is exactly the same as if you had the site hosted in a separate account. You have the same type of access to the site with FTP, etc. Be aware that not all shared hosting accounts allow "add on domains", even ones that advertise "Host unlimited domains!" In some cases, they mean you can have an "unlimited" number of domain names pointing to the same content (in cPanel, these are called "parked domains"). That is not what you want, as you want each domain pointing to a unique website. (Typically, a host offering "unlimited disk space" will not allow "unlimited add on domains", even if they allow parked domains.)

A reseller account gives you a higher level of management over the domains, and you don't HAVE to resell the space to have a reseller account. You create separate and distinct accounts, each with their own control panel. I prefer the extra layer of management, and the ease with which I can sell the account to someone else. But that's the way my mind works, and others prefer just a single account with add-on domains.

Either one will work for you, but you have to make sure that your supplier allows either "add on domains" where the content for each added domain can be completely unique, or a reseller account with enough domains allowed to satisfy your demands.

Quote Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
    You have to ignore the "noise" here sometimes. Part of the reason is that some people will misunderstand you, and others will jump to a conclusion. I understood what you meant.

As to the option of shared verses reseller: there are shared accounts which allow "add on domains". In this type of account, you can "add on" a domain to your account, and manage it within the same control panel. The added on domain is stored in a folder within your account, but to the web visitor it is exactly the same as if you had the site hosted in a separate account. You have the same type of access to the site with FTP, etc. Be aware that not all shared hosting accounts allow "add on domains", even ones that advertise "Host unlimited domains!" In some cases, they mean you can have an "unlimited" number of domain names pointing to the same content (in cPanel, these are called "parked domains"). That is not what you want, as you want each domain pointing to a unique website. (Typically, a host offering "unlimited disk space" will not allow "unlimited add on domains", even if they allow parked domains.)

A reseller account gives you a higher level of management over the domains, and you don't HAVE to resell the space to have a reseller account. You create separate and distinct accounts, each with their own control panel. I prefer the extra layer of management, and the ease with which I can sell the account to someone else. But that's the way my mind works, and others prefer just a single account with add-on domains.

Either one will work for you, but you have to make sure that your supplier allows either "add on domains" where the content for each added domain can be completely unique, or a reseller account with enough domains allowed to satisfy your demands.
    Thanks you SO much for taking the time to reply and giving me such useful info .

Thanks again

I suggest you start with a Reseller or Semi-Dedicated hosting account. But get one from a provider that offers a lot of other services so you can upgrade to a VPS or Dedicated server when needed.
    Or look for one that would justify the use of the IP's for SEO purposes. A regular IP would not be justified by the ARIN for example for the deployment of SEO services (no wonder all the IPv4s have run out)
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    Or look for one that would justify the use of the IP's for SEO purposes. A regular IP would not be justified by the ARIN for example for the deployment of SEO services (no wonder all the IPv4s have run out)
    What does SEO have to do with what I put?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

i can see you are are really pro here , wahhahahhahaha

newbie like me seem to be learning every moment and every time one of your guys put up some line i got to like check google for what it mean , seem like a good way to learn .

keep it coming . but be gentle ok

HostXnow do you have any package , that you can suggest for my needs ?

7. all the site will have SEO done to it . to get traffic from backlink and social network .
    Perhaps, so per my assumptions he would be using the IP's for the purpose of SEO.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by osix View Post
    HostXnow do you have any package , that you can suggest for my needs ?
    Sorry, but I don't think I'm allowed to suggest our own services. Please see WHT rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    Perhaps, so per my assumptions he would be using the IP's for the purpose of SEO.
    Ok, just seemed a little odd that you quoted me is all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast