Offering email archiving, is anyone doing it and are you charging extra?

Just have gotten some inquiries from customers about offering to archive their email. I guess the new laws in the USA require some companies to archive all their email for possible discovery in legal cases, if needed. Since this will require me adding hardware, thinking I should charge something "ala carte" for this service. Just checking to see what others here on WHT are doing and looking for feedback about what to charge.

I've spent some time Googling but mostly all I find is companies selling appliances or software rather than offering the outsourced service itself. So it's kinda difficult figuring out what other companies charge for this kind of thing.
    David
    Beenanza, LLC

I think you'll find that there are a lot of companies offering this service. Most of the larger, enterprise-oriented email providers offer archiving service add-ons (Google/Postini, Rackspace Email, etc.), as do many of the message filtering services (Symantec/MessageLabs, SpamStopsHere/RestorEmail, RedCondor, Smarsh, etc.), even Microsoft offers it as a service. In general, most services are priced around $3 - $5 per month per user, but this varies based on how long the email is archived.

rackspace have this feature

Ya, but I wasn't asking about hosted email. I host my customer email myself and I was looking for advice on what to charge for archiving services... But thanks of your irrelevant comment... =)
    David
    Beenanza, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by lockbull View Post
    I think you'll find that there are a lot of companies offering this service. Most of the larger, enterprise-oriented email providers offer archiving service add-ons (Google/Postini, Rackspace Email, etc.), as do many of the message filtering services (Symantec/MessageLabs, SpamStopsHere/RestorEmail, RedCondor, Smarsh, etc.), even Microsoft offers it as a service. In general, most services are priced around $3 - $5 per month per user, but this varies based on how long the email is archived.
    Thanks for the comment, the $3 - $5 range sounds reasonable.
    David
    Beenanza, LLC