100tb.com oversold the bandwidth ?

Hello,

one of our server receive packet loss those two days.

we have checked there is no attack etc going on...and today, we have receive another attack, just submit ticket to them, someone respond us

" It seems a high amount of midphase to midphase traffic is all occurring on this
    servers VLAN, and it is currently the most likely suspect of the packet loss
    occurring to your server. We are working on this and will get back to you
    shortly. We appreciate your understanding and co-operation in this regard.
    Thanks. "

we already receive packet loss about 5-6 hours now ( Wow..dedicated i think it is a lot, but i'm not sure may be it is sunday today, no one on the site in SL etc ? )

i have ask them solve that as fast as they can, but unfortunately their support keep update us they are on this , please wait for the update ( keep in mind, 3 hours, and 3 hours gone, the packet loss still there, no one update us when will this be solve )

on 100tb.com > 99.9% network uptime guarantee

i already email to tom as well, but he just told me they are working on it, but to be honestly, we are happy to wait for that, but unless, update us how they solve it. because for this 3 hours, i haven't see the packet loss better.

P.S 100tb.com provide very good price, but unless your server is stable then will be fine, we your server stating unstable, this will take you few hours ( 6 hours may be.....and they will ask you some question, like ping, traceroute etc, if you haven't answer their question, they will not check on it. )
    Last edited by plesk002; 04-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.

it seem, if they don't want to answer your question, they will " Department changed " and not respond your ticket anymore, another 1 hour gone..still no update,

If they are working on it, I'm sure they are doing what they can and will update you when it has been resolved Has it been 3 hours or 5-6 hours? You mention two different time frames.

I've had no issues dealing with 100TB.com. Their support has been great for the price I'm paying.

Quote Originally Posted by CH-Shaun View Post
    I've had no issues dealing with 100TB.com. Their support has been great for the price I'm paying.
    yes, we have 30 servers + with no issue.

unless your server stable then fine, but if your server unstable, and need someone look on it, this will take more time on it.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WireNine View Post
    If they are working on it, I'm sure they are doing what they can and will update you when it has been resolved Has it been 3 hours or 5-6 hours? You mention two different time frames.

sorry for that, we have faced the same issue yesterday, the first time 3 hours ( the attack or whatever it is stopped itself )

the next time, the packet loss there, and not able to solve it form our end ( because we have checked there is not attack on our server )

and submit ticket to them, take 5 hours for that.

but anyway, tom is very nice on it, because this is not our fault, he provide credit on it

Why not send tom an email? Word on the streets is that it gets you sorted out faster -> tom@100tb.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Why not send tom an email? Word on the streets is that it gets you sorted out faster -> tom@100tb.com
    Quote Originally Posted by plesk002 View Post
    i already email to tom as well, but he just told me they are working on it, but to be honestly, we are happy to wait for that, but unless, update us how they solve it. because for this 3 hours, i haven't see the packet loss better.

ten chars....
    Regards,
    Yourwebhoster.eu [NL] based hosting
    Shared | Reseller | KVM VPS | Reseller VPS

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    yes i did, the packet loss again, just asking them to move another room for our server / other rack

yes i did, the packet loss again, just asking them to move another room for our server / other rack
    Did they give any information as to why it's occurring in the ticket? (i.e. DDoS, faulty equipment, etc.)

In some cases, moving the server physically isn't going to resolve the issue.
    Ryan G.

Hello,

one of our server receive packet loss those two days.

we have checked there is no attack etc going on...and today, we have receive another attack, just submit ticket to them, someone respond us

" It seems a high amount of midphase to midphase traffic is all occurring on this
    servers VLAN, and it is currently the most likely suspect of the packet loss
    occurring to your server. We are working on this and will get back to you
    shortly. We appreciate your understanding and co-operation in this regard.
    Thanks. "

we already receive packet loss about 5-6 hours now ( Wow..dedicated i think it is a lot, but i'm not sure may be it is sunday today, no one on the site in SL etc ? )

i have ask them solve that as fast as they can, but unfortunately their support keep update us they are on this , please wait for the update ( keep in mind, 3 hours, and 3 hours gone, the packet loss still there, no one update us when will this be solve )

on 100tb.com > 99.9% network uptime guarantee

P.S 100tb.com provide very good price, but unless your server is stable then will be fine, we your server stating unstable, this will take you few hours ( 6 hours may be.....and they will ask you some question, like ping, traceroute etc, if you haven't answer their question, they will not check on it. )
    In what facility are you in? Seattle?

I don't think Softlayer likes the 100TB bandwidth offerings, I wonder if they are placing those people on a lower priority in the QoS?
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

How many bandwidth you can use ?

yeah a node of ours is having packets losses again, 3 straight night on the same time slot! they claim DDoS attack but the heck always on the same time slots that will last 3-4 hours!

Exactly what as the OP describe which is irritating.

So the previous posts confirm that sl is null routing servers that use a lot of bandwidth. Really unfair deal since 100tb.com advertises 100tb for bandwidth. I wonder what tom has to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdavids22 View Post
    So the previous posts confirm that sl is null routing servers that use a lot of bandwidth. Really unfair deal since 100tb.com advertises 100tb for bandwidth. I wonder what tom has to say about this.
    I cannot comment in that as our node is not really consuming a lot of bandwidth, Tom is a no show actually ignoring emails lol.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    I cannot comment in that as our node is not really consuming a lot of bandwidth, Tom is a no show actually ignoring emails lol.
    This is actually surprising me. I wonder why tom is in the shadows about this. Why is there such an increase in null routing by sl lately ...