Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Hostgator worth the price?

I have heard that majority of the people use hostgator as their host and i looked at their pricing and its looks very good and reasonable as well.

I want to know how hostgator is, and how has your experience been with them?

I hope to get some good replies so i can purchase hostgator hosting.

They have mixed reviews here if you do a search. They also have a money back guarantee.

They're good for their price, not the most amazing in the world but FAR from terrible
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

They are inexpensive, but they are the best shared host I have ever used. Tech support live 24/7 is awesome. If the live support cannot handle a problem, they make a ticket for you and usually get it sorted within a half hour from my experience. The servers are always fast.
    █ █ █

Well worth it IMO.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Never tried them myself but have seen many good reviews about. seen a few bad ones as well but the number of good reviews is far greater then the number of bad ones. IMO they are a good host and its worth the price
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

I've hosted several sites with them and find their Tech support to be awesome and never experienced downtime.
    Never had any problems
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

They're a mixed bag. It seems to come down to the type of website(s) you want to host on their servers.

Have been with them over 10 years, literally. I have had very little problems and when I do, it is always taken care of. Support is there 24/7, in house support, nothing going to countries where they don't speak the company's native language. Highly recommend them.
    “Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good.” - Bertolt Brecht

You're good to go now it also depends on what kind of site(s) you're looking to host and their resource's usage. Don't forget to read their terms of service and let us know how it goes.
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Quote Originally Posted by MrNerd View Post
    You're good to go now it also depends on what kind of site(s) you're looking to host and their resource's usage. Don't forget to read their terms of service and let us know how it goes.
    Exactly!

What type of website do you plan on hosting? A simple HTML website and your golden. A complex database driven site...well, not so much. Thats when you look for a premium shared host or a VPS.
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared/Reseller cPanel® Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (877) 240-7767 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

Only problem with hostgator I see is their inode limit.
    They claim many unlimited things, but hide the actual limiting factor, which is inode.
    If you get many emails daily, each counts as inode and your account is full pretty soon.
    Qtriangle - Website development and web hosting solutions
    The very best of PHP/MySQL development services

Quote Originally Posted by qtriangle View Post
    Only problem with hostgator I see is their inode limit.
    They claim many unlimited things, but hide the actual limiting factor, which is inode.
    If you get many emails daily, each counts as inode and your account is full pretty soon.
    They've never really enforced that inode limit. I've went far above it many many times with tube sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_613 View Post
    They've never really enforced that inode limit. I've went far above it many many times with tube sites.
    The inode limit is just for backups...if you go over 250,000 inodes, no more than a certain amount will be backed up during their auto-backup each Sunday.

OP: I've hosted loads of sites with them since October 2010, and it's been spectacular. Just recently i've gotten a VPS with ClubUptime and it's also amazing.

Mini-review of HostGator
    Uploaded 120 GB and they don't even mail me a about that. Really cool hosting. ImageMagick works terribly fast. 100 images resize for 3-4 seconds. Never asked tech support because there is no need. cPanel is the best I've ever seen with cool proccess control.
    I've tried hawk host and other. HostGator is ther best hosting for me. Superb.
    Last edited by Tuco; 04-09-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    Mini-review of HostGator
    Uploaded 120 GB and they don't even mail me a about that. Really cool hosting. ImageMagick works terribly fast. 100 images resize for 3-4 seconds. Never asked tech support because there is no need. cPanel is the best I've ever seen with cool proccess control.
    I'm tried hawk host and other. HostGator is ther best hosting for me. Superb.
    Maybe they didn't know that you uploaded 120GB?

I saw some users received some warning when they uploaded 60GB... it is here somewhere...
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Maybe they didn't know that you uploaded 120GB?

I saw some users received some warning when they uploaded 60GB... it is here somewhere...
    Maybe they uploaded some restricted material? I didn't upload adult or any type of warez. I was waiting, when they would ban me or something this way. Haven't get any letters for about month or more.

This is a good argument against unlimited hosting where people can hog the server resources so everybody suffers until someone complains of unresponsive sites and an admin tracks down the problem.

I have unlimited so the server is mine. Bwahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I have unlimited so the server is mine. Bwahaha...
    Can any say by logs, is that hostgator server overloaded (oversold) or not

Server Load 2.25 (16 cpus)
    Memory Used 22.2 %
    Swap Used 0.16 %
    Disk /dev/sda6 (/tmp) 44 %
    Disk /dev/sda7 (/var) 11 %
    Disk /dev/root (/) 12 %
    Disk /dev/sda1 (/boot) 7 %
    Disk /dev/sda2 (/usr) 35 %
    Disk /dev/sdb1 (/home) 12 %

Sites on server 227

It doesn't look oversold to me.

Thank you. Currently I'm on that server.
    Additional info.

list of sites on server http://jsfiddle.net/EPvNk/

That hostgator's server works very well and fast.
    Last edited by Tuco; 04-09-2011 at 11:01 PM.

In addtional, recently reading reviews about hostgator I've found Russian flash-game site with 75.000 visitors per day and it is hosted on shared account, due to logs, there are 162 other sites on that server. http://whois.domaintools.com/igroflot.ru

That's great. It is good when you are on a server that doesn't have sites that cause problems.

My experience the week I was on a reseller server sucked. Maybe I will give them another chance on their shared servers to see how it goes.
    Last edited by TheJoker; 04-09-2011 at 11:24 PM.

I would have to say hostgator is a great company, they are always willing to help you, prices are great and server's are always fast, I was hosted for them for about 3 months and had no problems, best of luck

hostgator offer usage statistics the best cpanel.
    i got sudden traffic, 11K visitors one day with no problem.
    #My Blog is on hostgator shared baby plan.
    5K visitor per day.
    #Disable awstats, webalizer for saving CPU usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    Mini-review of HostGator
    I've tried hawk host and other. HostGator is ther best hosting for me. Superb.
    LOL I gotta ask. What is this you are hosting there?
    █ █ █

I'm storing high quality images that are in public domain or under Creative Commons (CC-BY-SA,CC-BY) licenses.

Maybe the point here is that you need to see it for yourself 'coz everyone has different views.

I have used them too in the past and they are simply great!!
    Primary email: advanced dot programmer at gmail dot com ..

Cool Awesome Host

HostGator seems to be a big name today, I have used their services in the past. Support is amazing, sometimes you have to wait in a que but only lasts for a second.

I got a VPS with them before, setup soon after. Ran into a few problems but support fixed them straight away.

Got Resellerhosting, what I didn't know is they your Diskspace is divided up for each user you add in WHM. Kinda annoyed me but still. I also got free WHMCS with the reseller which came is handy. Went to buy a dedicated IP, took about 2 hours to get it up and running because they had issues while adding it to my account.

Overall I do suggest HostGator. They are definately worth the price, their support is outstanding and you will not be dissapointed.

I hated HostHator. Had them for a week and switched to JustHost. And i never got my money back like the guaranteed me o.O

Cunningham what was your ticket number with us? We never cheat anyone out of a refund that contacts us.

Good service!

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Cunningham what was your ticket number with us? We never cheat anyone out of a refund that contacts us.
    Now that's good service

Well done HostGator

I have never used HostGator but still when I browsed through the internet to find some best companies, I found HostGator in almost all the sites. Reviews of those companies are also positive. I suggest you to go on with that host. For reference check out some sites like webhostingreviewz and hostingcompanieslist.

I have used Hostgator since 2007 and have had a reseller account with them also. I have never have any problems that could not be sorted out with support tickets or online chat. They respond very fast and always (with me) resolve the problem.

I believe Shinjiru has the best price...they are especially good if you are hosting in Malaysia...when my site have prob..their customer service tend to give a fast response...depends on which criteria u r looking into...price sometime does not represent the service..

hostgator works well for my friend, the support is great, awesome!

38. I have been using hostgator for a couple of years and had no problems with them. They are a very respectable company.

Too many good reviews. I have to move in with them

I use hostgator for reselling. They are very fairly priced. They may be a little more expensive than other hosting companies, but I think they have the best support. I was on live chat the other day, and 230 technicians were online helping people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast