Tips & Trick to start by ..

Hello WHT users!!
    Im new here, and Im about to start my own hosting to try out,
    im a super laziness person, but I force myself to start my step into the industry.

I wonder anyone can share useful information or anything to help me out? this forum itself help me alot , so anyone can give me more information will be appreciate!

Have a nice day everyone!!

Im sorry, I posted at wrong section.
    Thanks for the person moving my thread.

Hi,
    If you are a super lazy person, you may not want to look into web hosting as a business. Or any business for that matter. When you start your own company, the work just starts. It isn't for the lazy... It is a whole lot of hard work. Especially getting the company off the ground.

Then, the more customers you get, the more you need to support them, and the more paperwork you have to do, emails non stop, etc.

My best advice, is find out what motivates you. Find a business doing that, or supporting that. You will be happier, and that will make you want to make it a larger company, and the work will not seem as hard as it is.

Web hosting is a customer support business. You are always working, even late into the wee hours. Make sure it is what you want, before you toss your money into a server.

Knowing what your doing first would be another good idea. There are far too many hosts out there working from their dorm rooms, and moms basements, that have no clue how to actually run a business.

Come up with a business plan. Figure your costs, time involved, and set growth goals on paper. Know what your getting into, then go in knowing you can do it.
    Keep learning.
    Do you know your way around a server in shell? If not, learn that first. You will need to know it if your a host.

You can learn almost anything you want for free on the net. Take advantage of it, and learn the things you need, and how to be successful, so you don't just start up with high hopes then flop. That wouldn't be much fun.

Good luck,
    Tim L
    Superior Host LLC - Quality Web Hosting since 1998
    We really do support you like no other
    Secure, ultra reliable hosting
    Website Maintenace Plans and a Personal Level of Support

I would recommend that you sit down and come up wih a business plan before doing anything
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by superiorhost View Post
    Hi,
    If you are a super lazy person, you may not want to look into web hosting as a business. Or any business for that matter. When you start your own company, the work just starts. It isn't for the lazy... It is a whole lot of hard work. Especially getting the company off the ground.

Then, the more customers you get, the more you need to support them, and the more paperwork you have to do, emails non stop, etc.

My best advice, is find out what motivates you. Find a business doing that, or supporting that. You will be happier, and that will make you want to make it a larger company, and the work will not seem as hard as it is.

Web hosting is a customer support business. You are always working, even late into the wee hours. Make sure it is what you want, before you toss your money into a server.

Knowing what your doing first would be another good idea. There are far too many hosts out there working from their dorm rooms, and moms basements, that have no clue how to actually run a business.

Come up with a business plan. Figure your costs, time involved, and set growth goals on paper. Know what your getting into, then go in knowing you can do it.
    Keep learning.
    Do you know your way around a server in shell? If not, learn that first. You will need to know it if your a host.

You can learn almost anything you want for free on the net. Take advantage of it, and learn the things you need, and how to be successful, so you don't just start up with high hopes then flop. That wouldn't be much fun.

Good luck,
    Tim L
    I understand what you mean at all since alot of people also said that aswell. Just the Im the person with 'Lazy' word as a bad habit for me in my whole life. I do what I like for only a period of time and start to bored, trying to search something new and try it. I tried to motivate myself but I fail. Seems I need some advice from the Psychiatrist about me.

Don't bother then. If you get lazy, your server will get hacked, people will sue you and you'll lose everything.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iAnonymous View Post
    Hello WHT users!!
    Im new here, and Im about to start my own hosting to try out,
    im a super laziness person, but I force myself to start my step into the industry.

I wonder anyone can share useful information or anything to help me out? this forum itself help me alot , so anyone can give me more information will be appreciate!

Have a nice day everyone!!
    This industry does not reward lazy people. If you are lazy, starting a web hosting company is probably the last thing you want to do. Only start a web hosting company if you enjoy work more than sleep.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting