NY/NJ Dedicated needed. Any help?

I need a NY/NJ server and I'm struggling to find one for a good price.

It's a game server but it's very low on activate bandwidth.

I'm needing a Quad core, however the services are single-process game servers meaning I need a decent core. Something like a e3460 or higher. Q9550 or a i7 860 is fine also, something with a 2.8ghz + kick.

Ram 2GB or more, the servers are hard coded to max 500mb ram and we only run 2.

Bandwidth: 1-2TB. 2TB is more than enough, we've only used more than 2TB once in 18months of operations and that was due to an excessive network attack.

Price range: $150. I know I'm asking a lot for this price in NY, but I might get lucky. I do not need a managed server. I currently collocate all my EU services and have full control myself. I will be using my own W2008 license and will isntall myself if given IMPI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam86 View Post
    I need a NY/NJ server and I'm struggling to find one for a good price.

It's a game server but it's very low on activate bandwidth.

I'm needing a Quad core, however the services are single-process game servers meaning I need a decent core. Something like a e3460 or higher. Q9550 or a i7 860 is fine also, something with a 2.8ghz + kick.

Ram 2GB or more, the servers are hard coded to max 500mb ram and we only run 2.

Bandwidth: 1-2TB. 2TB is more than enough, we've only used more than 2TB once in 18months of operations and that was due to an excessive network attack.

Price range: $150. I know I'm asking a lot for this price in NY, but I might get lucky. I do not need a managed server. I currently collocate all my EU services and have full control myself. I will be using my own W2008 license and will isntall myself if given IMPI.
    Try either welinknyc.com or turnkeyinternet.com. They are both in NY. Welink is obviously in NYC and turnkey is in albany. I believe turnkey is running sales on servers on this forum as well.
    ¦ Ernie - ColoCrossing by HostPapa | Enterprise Colocation and Baremetal Services
    ¦ Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Private Cloud | Managed Services | IP Transit
    ¦ Buffalo, NY | Los Angeles | Atlanta | Chicago | Dallas | Atlanta | San Jose | Seattle
    ¦ Equick @ colocrossing.com

http://InterServer.com is in New Jersey. Nobody can beat them for dedis, period.

Try HoneLive.
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by EV-Studios View Post
    http://InterServer.com is in New Jersey. Nobody can beat them for dedis, period.
    Unless they have sale prices on the forums they can most definitely be beat .

Quote Originally Posted by HVHost View Post
    Try either welinknyc.com or turnkeyinternet.com. They are both in NY. Welink is obviously in NYC and turnkey is in albany. I believe turnkey is running sales on servers on this forum as well.
    I've been warned turnkey end services that are repeatedly targeted for attacks.

-edit

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    Try HoneLive.
    These look ideal, there test IP is insane. Some great latency from them.
    Last edited by Sam86; 04-09-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EV-Studios View Post
    In what ways, if I may ask?

Take a look at Natcoweb.

Definitely give DedicatedNOW a look, if you can raise your budget:

http://www.dedicatednow.com/?special-servers=

Located in Clifton, NJ. Used them previously. :]

Try Ubiquity as they have a rock solid network & host tons of game servers. Their overstock section gets updated often so you could see what they have going & contact them for making deals, etc....

Overstock is located at: http://overstock.ubiquityservers.com

Quote Originally Posted by HBK216 View Post
    Try Ubiquity as they have a rock solid network & host tons of game servers. Their overstock section gets updated often so you could see what they have going & contact them for making deals, etc....

I'll also vouch for these guys. We colo with them, couldn't be any happier. Excellent support too!

Quote Originally Posted by HBK216 View Post

I have a Chicago box with them currently from there WHT post. A $53 I wanted to test our a Chicago DC and there great. but sadly with there NYC servers being pricey It leads me to choose other hosts.

Ignore typos, I'm over 1litre into a 3.5 ltr bottle if Beafestre gin

DedicatedNOW has some nice deals. This particular one looks like it fits your standards:

Core i7 920

6GB 12GB DDR3 RAM!
    1 x 500GB 1000GB SATA!
    4000GB 6000GB Bandwidth!
    Free cPanel/WHM!

Fully Managed!
    50GB Offsite Backup!
    10mbps 100mbps Switch Port!
    Use Coupon Code: FREECPANEL

Comes with IPMI as well.

--cP

Quote Originally Posted by MXV-CPence View Post
    DedicatedNOW has some nice deals. This particular one looks like it fits your standards:

Core i7 920

6GB 12GB DDR3 RAM!
    1 x 500GB 1000GB SATA!
    4000GB 6000GB Bandwidth!
    Free cPanel/WHM!

Fully Managed!
    50GB Offsite Backup!
    10mbps 100mbps Switch Port!
    Use Coupon Code: FREECPANEL

Comes with IPMI as well.

--cP
    What part of $150 makes you think $250-400 is in my range?

What part of $150 makes you think $250-400 is in my range?
    What part of $150 makes you think your going to get a dedicated server for the specs you need?

Of course, you can always contact them asking to get rid of the high specs and additional addons. Jus' sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by MXV-CPence View Post
    What part of $150 makes you think your going to get a dedicated server for the specs you need?

Of course, you can always contact them asking to get rid of the high specs and additional addons. Jus' sayin'.
    It's why I'm asking.

If I thought I could go and get any host for this price I would. It's that I'm after the perfect hosts for my needs.

Ha ha ha... You just made my day, Sam86.

I have a Chicago box with them currently from there WHT post. A $53 I wanted to test our a Chicago DC and there great. but sadly with there NYC servers being pricey It leads me to choose other hosts.

This is why I suggested the overstock as you could definitely find deals in your price range. Good luck!

If you don't mind paying a bit extra for quality bandwidth, I'd recommend Voxel's New York dedicated servers.