What kind of Forum?

What kind of forum could i make that's nouthing like this one that people could find usefull?

Any ideas and what kind of board?
    Cheap and Reliable Reseller And VPS Services!
    Co-Location | VPS | WHM Resellers | Cpanel Accounts | ORDER

Quote Originally Posted by revhos View Post
    What kind of forum could i make that's nouthing like this one that people could find usefull?

Ummm.... No, sorry - no ideas. This is a web hosting forum and not a "What type of site should I develop?" forum so I'm not sure you'll get much help here with that sort of thing.

You might try a web developer form instead of a web hosting forum like The Admin Zone.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

ok,

Thank you.

A political forum or blog. You will make so much money from advertisements that the forum software and hosting will be paid for, and you'll still have enough left over buy a cup of coffee. Look at CNN blog. Libtards vs Neoconn vs Teabaggers thinking they have something to say. But of course you will have to be creative like the writers there in order to stir the pot. Good luck.

Thank you i will bear than in mind and as for the coffee not a bad idea :-)

thank you.

Actually it depends on your interest. You must have a genuine interest on something, create a forum on that one because if you're not interested on it, how will you be able to manage the concerns of your members?

Every forum is useful-- it just depends on people's interest on joining that forum and who are your target visitors/members.

I think you need to create something which you have a passion for!
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    A political forum or blog. You will make so much money from advertisements that the forum software and hosting will be paid for, and you'll still have enough left over buy a cup of coffee.
    Yes, you can get a lot of traffic, but you also get a lot of idiots, flame wars, etc. You will spend a lot of time moderating.

That's the problem with forums.

OP, you might find this book useful:

http://www.amazon.com/Managing-Onlin.../dp/081440197X

It won't tell you what kind of forum to run (topic), but it gives loads of very good advice. $1.40 + shipping used on Amazon at the moment.
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

Quote Originally Posted by revhos View Post

If you're asking what kind of board software, then you might find this useful:

http://www.forum-software.org/

Do not trust their silly reviews, though Personally, I love IPB, but vBulletin is the most widely-used. MyBB, phpBB, Vanilla, etc. - there are lots of high quality free alternatives, too.

Someone else mentioned The Admin Zone and that's definitely the forum you want to read.
    raindog308
    LowEndTalk administrator, LowEndBox editor

You can use any forum software to develop it or customize it if you are well familiar with coding and designing. But, should choose the subject of forum in which you have expertise. Personal Interest plays a great role in success of any forum, so you should keep in mind this thing as well.

I think you could choose what kind of forum based on your interest too.
    Resellerid.com
    Cheap & Powerfull Reseller Domain

RESELLERID.COM | Affordable Domain Solution
    Reseller your domain and making profit

Well what is your interests and what do you know about;
    I think it also depends if you want to make a forum for your pleasure or just to help the community ?|1

Kind of Forums

Forums on all topics are useful these days, there is just little struggle in the start but in the long run when a forum is established fully it can help others and you can earn alot from it....

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    A political forum or blog. You will make so much money from advertisements that the forum software and hosting will be paid for, and you'll still have enough left over buy a cup of coffee. Look at CNN blog. Libtards vs Neoconn vs Teabaggers thinking they have something to say. But of course you will have to be creative like the writers there in order to stir the pot. Good luck.
    Don't go for Political one. Google Adsense may not approve your site. Always keep Google Adsense in mind before you go for any website.

Don't go for Political one.
    This might not be used in the title or the site name at all. Just get a forum and develop it inti various directions like, Top1forum.com (which is though too much versatile), and make the political section the main direction fo development. No google issues should be. Really politics is thу most discussed "thread".