Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you think about 123systems.net?

I want to buy this provider's VPS, it's reall cheap, just $15/Y, and its website looka OK, and its alexa rank is OK, too.

But there's still something I worried.

1, It's an new provider, the domain just registered at 2010-2-16, and renew this domain just year by year...

2, The domain is end with .net, not with .com, it don't looks normal--it is a Commercial Company, not just a internet company.

3, It's too cheap, how can this cheap price last this company long?

So, I do not know what to do, but or not buy.

So, what do you think anout 123systems.net? Diy you use its VPS before? waht do you think about there VPS.

Does 123systerm.net an one man company or not?

Thank you.

they have quite a few mixed reviews here at WHT, try to search for them... but at that price i think it's win-win for you.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    they have quite a few mixed reviews here at WHT, try to search for them... but at that price i think it's win-win for you.
    Well, there must be some reviews at WHT, and I saw them, but I want some new infomation.

I've had a $21.60/year 123Systems VPS (256MB) at their Chicago location for 7 months now. There've been a few problems, but they've always been resolved, and the support has been very responsive and quick when I've contacted them.

BuyVM also has a good $15/year VPS, but they're often out of stock.

I'm not sure I'd want to host a website on these low-memory OpenVZ VPSs, but for other tasks they're fine. Like backup storage, DNS server, mail server, OpenVPN, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by david3 View Post
    I've had a $21.60/year 123Systems VPS (256MB) at their Chicago location for 7 months now. There've been a few problems, but they've always been resolved, and the support has been very responsive and quick when I've contacted them.

BuyVM also has a good $15/year VPS, but they're often out of stock.

I'm not sure I'd want to host a website on these low-memory OpenVZ VPSs, but for other tasks they're fine. Like backup storage, DNS server, mail server, OpenVPN, etc.
    Well, you sail what I'am worry about:
    I'm not sure I'd want to host a website on these low-memory OpenVZ VPSs.
    Me, too.
    So, it's the reason why this topic here.

Depending what your needs are.. 123systems could be great, or bad..

I personally have a dev. server with them for some personal/local setup/coding/and I use it for a IRC box to connect to a few things when I don't wanna use my other services or need something different.

There support is great, and Andrew here is always on-top of things when questions need to be answered. I recommend them. But I do consider them a as low-end provider more then your managed provider (This could change within a next few months now that they are expanding and offering different services and such).

If your looking to host a website, I would go with one of there RAM ram plans instead of their famous low-end base plans with crazy deals!

Start with something small, I do believe they offer a money back for a amount of days if you want to try them out. I'd double check that though and don't go off my words with that as I'm not 100% sure. I personally have had no problems with them, and only needed to submit 1 ticket.

I like to try different providers and see how they manage things also, soo I'll keep you updated later on down the road if something changes. I really haven't had no down time. I currently use there Dallas location where I actually live. (dallas, texas) and it's close to my job.

Good luck.
    I recommend giving them a try, What's the worst that could happen if you try one of there small end vps's, and something goes wrong. But I do recommend em for a low-end vps, (as thats all I have used with them).
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by nacv View Post
    1, It's an new provider, the domain just registered at 2010-2-16, and renew this domain just year by year...

2, The domain is end with .net, not with .com, it don't looks normal--it is a Commercial Company, not just a internet company.

3, It's too cheap, how can this cheap price last this company long?
    1.) -- The domain isn't due until 2013.

2.) -- The name was established and the domain was already purchased so there was no reason to not proceed with the name just because .com wasn't available, If the TLD ever becomes available we will buy it. The TLD doesn't depict how we run our company.

3.) -- We've been doing it for over a year and will keep doing it, If the business plan wasn't sustainable we wouldn't still be here. It's about offering a combination and proper marketing so your entire company isn't full of yearly customers with no monthly income.

Your are more than welcome to open a ticket with the sales department if you have any other questions or concerns or you can email me directly (andrewm[at]123systems.net). Alternatively you can PM me here.

-Andrew
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

Quote Originally Posted by 123Systems-Andrew View Post
    1.) -- The domain isn't due until 2013.

2.) -- The name was established and the domain was already purchased so there was no reason to not proceed with the name just because .com wasn't available, If the TLD ever becomes available we will buy it. The TLD doesn't depict how we run our company.

3.) -- We've been doing it for over a year and will keep doing it, If the business plan wasn't sustainable we wouldn't still be here. It's about offering a combination and proper marketing so your entire company isn't full of yearly customers with no monthly income.

Your are more than welcome to open a ticket with the sales department if you have any other questions or concerns or you can email me directly (andrewm[at]123systems.net). Alternatively you can PM me here.

-Andrew
    En, Thans for reply.
    I will consider it.

Well, so popular, out of stock.

Don't wait, go elsewhere for more chances.
    vpsoffers.com - a modest place for vps offers by sim so dep

Where do you see these low offerings? Cheapest I see from 123 is $7/mo.

I have 2 servers with 123systems.net and I have to say from my personal experience they have exceeded my expectations. They have never had any unscheduled downtime for me (4-5 months with them), the servers NIC card works perfect, I have the ram they promised.

So I have a 2gig mem server with them that I run a minecraft server on and I have no complaints.

I also have a 256mem server with them that I run a few small wordpress blogs on and it works perfect (you dont really need ram for websites so I dont understand some of the responses on this thread). I am a Happy 123systems customer and would definitly recomend them.
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

Quote Originally Posted by raindog308 View Post
    Where do you see these low offerings? Cheapest I see from 123 is $7/mo.
    When I click on "VPS Server" and then "Order Now" under any of the Linux VPS plans, I see these are available:

Linux-128-Yearly-Special (11 Available) $10.00 USD Annually
    Linux-192-Yearly-Special (5 Available) $15.00 USD Annually

When I click on "VPS Server" and then "Order Now" under any of the Linux VPS plans, I see these are available:

I see the same, and I also don't see where there out of stock besides for there new location I believe..
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    I see the same, and I also don't see where there out of stock besides for there new location I believe..

Well, maybe they have new stocks everyday.
    And, I had already get one, and now testing.

Quote Originally Posted by nacv View Post
    Well, maybe they have new stocks everyday.
    And, I had already get one, and now testing.
    Yeah, that's probably the case.

It's not intuitive that you have to click on one of the more expensive plans to get the whole list.

@nacv

Keep us posted how your service/time is with them. Andrew and his team should keep you quite pleased, as they have me for my time with them for my development server in my home town.

I use them as well. Fast setup and great support agents.

Quote Originally Posted by gmarvnet-hosting View Post
    I use them as well. Fast setup and great support agents.
    My own experience:
    Ordered Saturday evening. Instant setup (not surprised there) of the VPS. Unfortunately, the control panel, not so much. Close to 48 hours later, no DA, and no response from support in an hour as to when I can expect the services paid for.

Understandably, this was ordered on a weekend. Understandably, this is partially DA's fault, but the long and short of it is, they've had my money for 2 days now, and have yet to deliver so I can start setting my own stuff up. The promised 12-24 hour window is well passed, and, still absolutely nothing
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

That is pretty odd, bump your support ticket and make sure its labeled High priority. I would be surprised if you still havent recieved a response by tomorrow, Gary their tech guy (or team?) is on at all hours and usually responds pretty fast. Let us know if you still dont have a response by tomorrow. Good Luck
    Jmainguy Solutions | Tech Support for Linux game servers and Windows anything.

It looks like someone's been in there, and tried to install it, but, not running yet, and it isn't fully installed. I'd do it myself if it didn't involve their ID, etc.

Here's hoping it gets done quick 'nuff.

Just a followup here to my own case:
    VPS ordered Saturday night, 9PM, setup instantly (no DA).
    Here we are on Tuesday, 12pm (CST), DA still not functioning properly (it's installed and running, but not actually listening to the port).

Last night (around 11:30) they asked permission to reformat the VPS to try a fresh reinstall, which was given. 4 hours later, that was still going on.

Around 630, still nothing, no response from them. At this point, I told them they needed to set this up and get it running by noon or refund.

Between then and now, no responses, no anything. So much for my own deadlines, now I have to actually find a VPS that can do this setup AND get it working properly.

I'd love to give these guys the same review they've been getting in this thread, but the fact is they don't know what they're doing, as is evidenced by no DA 2+ days after the order, and they seem to just be ignoring clients, which is never the way to start a business relationship.
    Last edited by whmcsguru; 04-19-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Their response:
    DirectAdmin not working is not something we generally fix for you
    HAH, so, we charge you for the software, but we're not going to actually make sure it works. Yup, winning company right here folks, they can't even support the product they sell.

Anyways, 3 hours after my last response, refunded. If you're looking to these guys for a VPS, based on my own experience, stay far, far away from them. Unprofessional, borderline scam (based on their last statement), not actually willing to do the job they're paid to do.

The problem is in mixed reviews, which keeps me too hestited to test it so far.
    Signature

Angry 123Systems money back guarantee is now discontinued

1g. EFFECTIVE: 1/20/2011: 123Systems money back guarantee is now discontinued. We now no longer will be refunding any payments under a money back guarantee, All payments will be refunded only at the company (123Systems) discretion.

please carefull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast