turnkeyinternet.net Queries -

So I've been looking for a host in NY for a while now.

The services are EU/US game servers. We have some in the UK but alot of EU players like to play on the US server. So a nice NY location would be great.

So turnkeyinternet.net are by far the cheapest US - NY server hosts I've found. If anyone has some information on them it could be helpful.

I am not a dedicated server client but I recently ordered a VPS with them.

Their sales staff on the live chat have been polite and generally helpful. Their support staff have been slow in responding to my tickets and lethargic in acting.

There were a couple setup fees attached to some of my services that I didn't know about that I really didn't appreicate. I had forgotten to order 2 IPs for nameservers with my VPS (they really should come with 2 IPs to begin with) and I faced a $5 fee to add this to my service after initial setup. I didn't see the fee detailed anywhere so it came as a suprise and personally I don't appreciate suprises. Usually hosts like you giving them more money per month but it seems turnkey is able to offer you low monthly rates because they nickel and dime you everywhere else.

Likewise if you go with them you will probably want to read into their managed service policies. They say their services have free management but they really don't give support beyond initial setup and 1-click stuff you can do from your control panel. They of course offer real management services but at $50/mo and at those rate it puts their services on par with more well known, actually managed services that you know you can rely on.

I am probably going to stick with them for another month or two but my initial experiences with them have been rocky at best. Again I am a VPS client and I ahve only been with them for a week so your experiences might differnt than mine.
    Ariolander - Amateur Web Developer
    Anime, Manga,
    And Web Design A Haiku
    Of My Pastimes

I used them for my online gaming community to host TF2 gameservers until i got hit by an (imaginary?) DDoS attack, then i got kicked from them (Atleast they refunded me the remaining days).

The funny thing is that i NEVER noticed anything wrong nor they notified me that i was being a target for a DDoS, the only time that they got in touch with me about this issue is when i was kicked.

PS: Their network is good as their prices, the support, atleast when i used them was good, however if you're going to host gameservers, be careful about possible haters ddosing your server or you will end frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda View Post
    I used them for my online gaming community to host TF2 gameservers until i got hit by an (imaginary?) DDoS attack, then i got kicked from them (Atleast they refunded me the remaining days).

The funny thing is that i NEVER noticed anything wrong nor they notified me that i was being a target for a DDoS, the only time that they got in touch with me about this issue is when i was kicked.

PS: Their network is good as their prices, the support, atleast when i used them was good, however if you're going to host gameservers, be careful about possible haters ddosing your server or you will end frustrated.
    Oh wow ok then.

We tend to get hit by a DDoS (effective) twice a month on average. We get hit by stupid kid attacks every couple of days, but they only last a few moments.

Most popular DarkRP server in Europe tends to spart competition, I think 2nd most popular in US as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda View Post

The same thing happened to me about a week ago and I'm sure (they failed to provide proof) there was no DDoS attack.. Our software firewall and monitoring system get the same conclusion no DDoS. This caused 48 hour of downtime, at least they refunded the last month and i would never recommend them.