Do addon domains affect SEO?

Does having multiple addon domains on one hosting account affect SEO rankings? Is it better to setup separate cpanel account through WHM or does it not make a difference?
      0 Not allowed!

I don't really see the difference. From what I've learned, addon domains are a link between normal cPanel user and Reseller user. Practically, the addon domain shows up as a stand-alone account to the web. But that's just my opinion about the subject... I could be wrong .
      0 Not allowed!

The addon domain is a way for adding domains to your WHM/cPanel and doesn't have any effect on SEO of your domains. Be sure about it. Its only a structure in cPanel and doesn't related to search engines and their ranking.
      0 Not allowed!

No i will have no effect.
      0 Not allowed!

As long as you are not planning to inter link all the sites setup on addon domains, you should be fine. Otherwise, all links from same IP might cause spam links issue.
    Aniqa - Support Representative
    █ WooServers - Affordable, Fast & Reliable Servers
    █ 24/7/365 Premium Monitoring & Highly Qualified Staff!
    █ WooServers.com | cPanel Dedicated Server | European Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Add on domains do not have effect on SEO as well as your website ranking at all.
      0 Not allowed!

There is no effects on Addon websites untill you make some smart linking between those websites
      0 Not allowed!

It won't effect your search engine rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniqa View Post
    As long as you are not planning to inter link all the sites setup on addon domains, you should be fine. Otherwise, all links from same IP might cause spam links issue.
    Yes, it may result in spam issue if links are from same IP.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    It's really a good question - I had heard it for the first time.
    I had done some research on according to your query. Kindly follow the following link for more information

Through the Addon Domains feature you can add addon domains to your account. An addon domain allows you to reach a domain when entering the name of the addon domain into a browser. This means that you can host additional domains in your account.
    Check out the Creating and Managing Addon Domains video tutorial:
    Addon Domain Video Tutorial Creating and managing addon domains
    Add an Addon Domain Detailed Tutorial

cPanel - Adding Addons

Step 1: To access the Addon Domains tool, click on the corresponding icon located on the main screen of your cPanel interface.

Step 2: Enter the name of the addon domain in the blank field next to New Domain Name.

Step 3: Enter the name of the directory which contains the subdomain that the addon domain will point to in the blank field next to Subdomain/FTP Username: (This directory will be the location for the addon domain's files, just as public_html is the location for your primary domain's files.)

Step 4: Type in the password for the new addon domain, and click on Add Domain!

Important You can upload files directly to this addon domain using the username and password for the addon domain to log in through FTP.

Important In order to use a domain name as an addon you need an addon slot. Addon slot is considered an upgrade and costs $30 per year. It can be ordered from your Customer's area.

Important Addon domains will need to be registered with a valid domain name registrar before they can be added. Make sure that your account has the ability to use Addon domains before attempting to add one.

Please note that Addon slots price does not include the domain name itself. If you need domain names, please order them separately from your Customer area.
    Remove an Addon Domain Detailed Tutorial

The Addon Domains allows you to remove addon domains from your account.

Step 1: To access the Addon Domains tool, click on the corresponding icon located on the main screen of your cPanel interface.

Step 2: To remove an addon domain, click on the Remove link next to it.

You can also redirect the addon domain to another URL using the Manage Redirection link.
      0 Not allowed!

Having multiple addon domains on one hosting account does not affect SEO rankings. There is lots of webmasters who have many blogs means addon domains in single hosting account including me and these does not affected seo values of their blogs or sites.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aniqa View Post
    Yes, if you want to add more than 1 addon domain, you need to add different IP for each of them, or you probably get punished by serch engines.
      0 Not allowed!

Agreed, there is no influence of such technique on SEO so you don't need to bother about it
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you all for your feedback!
      0 Not allowed!