Question OnApp: One Year free??

I see ads n posted Onapp 1 yr free, Is it true?

Do they offer this? Or is it jus a marketing Gimmick

Are you starting a company or looking for hosting?
    Onapp is not a host, iirc.

I will be starting one

They do offer it for one year, yes.

However, it costs a LOT of money to bring up on onapp cloud with sans, etc... Licenses really shouldnt be your worry, spending 30k on a san should be ;-)
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

I kinda wonder what onapp's sales team would say to someone asking for a license for a single C2Q running two disks in RAID1.

I have a buddy that recently went the onapp route and now he regrets it. Their support has to install everything, you give them a login and they log into the box to set it up, etc... However their support is extremely slow, it takes days for a response and it's all in Ukarine so there's a language barrier as well.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

I am honestly wondering what makes your 'buddy' say that - it's just not true...
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Their support has to install everything,
    Not true, we've got several clients that preferred to do the full install them selves, and that is just fine with us. It's fairly easy using our howto's, but most clients tend to go with our offer to install/setup/migrate/integrate for free.
    However their support is extremely slow, it takes days for a response
    Can't be true - I honestly can't see how that can be the case. We've got 24/7 phone support, for free, with less than 30 seconds hold time on avg. We loose less than 5 calls/week. We've got full level 1, 2 and 3 support 24/7 (not "on call", but actually in our office 24/7) with an avg. answer in less than 10 mins. Our SLA guarantee's 15 mins reply times.
    and it's all in Ukarine so there's a language barrier as well.
    Whats going on here?
    Not true, My full management team is based in London, UK - incl. myself. My 24/7 support team - the guys you'll call - are based in Utah, USA.
    Yes, we took over a development office in Ukraine from Parallels. The same team (20+ guys) that developed H-Sphere for Carlos and Igor (Igor, the guy behind cloudlinux).

We are around 55 guys in OnApp, 40 or so of them are straight out of the hosting industry; and we all eat, drink and sleep OnApp ... I'm sorry your buddy apparently had a bad experience, please ask him to ping me: [email protected] - I'd love to hear what's gone wrong, because it all just sounds very strange.

D
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    Not true, My full management team is based in London, UK - incl. myself. My 24/7 support team - the guys you'll call - are based in Utah, USA.
    Yes, we took over a development office in Ukraine from Parallels. The same team (20+ guys) that developed H-Sphere for Carlos and Igor (Igor, the guy behind cloudlinux).
    So, you're saying the people answering email is based in the US? I know they've wanted to "skype" several times and he couldn't understand what they were saying because of language barriers.

So, you're saying the people answering email is based in the US? I know they've wanted to "skype" several times and he couldn't understand what they were saying because of language barriers.
    depends if anything is escalated to the developers, two of our best developers are in Ukraine, and sometimes they are required to speak directly with clients - and they may have an accent (like myself, being from Denmark).
    But yes, the support team is based in USA. Try it out, give them a call yourself. They deal with probably 90% of the calls and tickets.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

I have to say I have been dealing with there team recently and have found them great, sure they have to get everything setup for you, but wouldn't you rather have it done correctly than done completely wrong and waste over $1k on an incorrect cloud setup.
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    I have to say I have been dealing with there team recently and have found them great, sure they have to get everything setup for you, but wouldn't you rather have it done correctly than done completely wrong and waste over $1k on an incorrect cloud setup.
    How long did it take them to get it setup for you? Perhaps my friend just had a bad experience but it took days to get things configured and working.

How long did it take them to get it setup for you? Perhaps my friend just had a bad experience but it took days to get things configured and working.
    We are not quite setup yet, but we are not waiting on OnApp its the DC we are currently waiting on.

I think I also know who you are referring to, he is a friend of mine as well but not a close friend. I must say an email to Ditlev usually speeds things up, and to be fair OnApp have been fairly busy recently.
    Last edited by Matthew_B; 04-08-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    HeroBill - On-premises Enterprise billing software for hosting providers
    █ UK Based, 24/7 Support Phone Support, Migration Services, Inventory Management, etc...
    https://herobill.com

we setup at least 3 new clouds every day, and we've done more than 200 setups now across just about as many web hosts. Some of them are very simple, others a bit complicated.
    Please ask your buddy to contact me ([email protected]) directly, if one of our installs have been less successful I really want to hear about it.
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Yes Is nice application! We are one of the user, also very happy with Onapp application for our cloud setup
    Team Overline India
    Fully Managed cPanel Installed Virtual Private Servers
    Since Monday 16 June, 2008 - Thousands of Users can't be Wrong
    Premium WHMCS Themes from ThemeMetro.com

Question

Quote Originally Posted by eming View Post
    I am honestly wondering what makes your 'buddy' say that - it's just not true...
    Not true, we've got several clients that preferred to do the full install them selves, and that is just fine with us. It's fairly easy using our howto's, but most clients tend to go with our offer to install/setup/migrate/integrate for free.

D
    Do you have any links to the HowTos?

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    I kinda wonder what onapp's sales team would say to someone asking for a license for a single C2Q running two disks in RAID1.
    They'd tell you to pick up about four more servers. You can't accomplish a true 'Cloud' with just one or two servers.

You need (For OnApp, anyway):
    1X Control Panel server (What'd i'd use that C2Q RAID1 for)
    2X(minimum) HyperVisor servers
    1X Storage
    1X Backup storage
    vpsBoard - An active resource for all things Virtual Private Servers. Tutorials, Guides, Offers and more!
    Come join the conversation! 90,000 posts and growing daily! The fastest growing hosting forum around!