Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy Openreaction.com out of bussiness

OMG
    I am freaking out!!
    I received an email about 3 hours ago that they are going out of business and and will shut down 1201am 9th of April
    I have lots of data on both dedicated servers over 800GIG of data.
    They did say they would sell me the hardrives and or servers.

I don't think I have enough time to transfer all my data to a back up in 1 day any suggestions

thanks
    Jack
    Their letter below

This email is to inform you that OpenReaction will no longer be serving clients as of 4/9/2011 at 12:01AM EST. It has been a long and hard road to reach this conclusion that we could no longer do business and we regret that we could not be here to continue serving our loyal clients.

After this date all network access to servers will be disabled and they will be removed from our data center space. For the time being all clients have been moved to full 100Mbps port access to allow for faster data transfer and backup. For those clients looking to purchase the hard drive(s) or sever(s) their data is on they should contact us at [email protected] within 10 business days of our closing to have their servers packed and shipped. After this 10 business day period all remaining servers will have their data wiped from the hard drives and will be sold.
    Please address all other inquires to [email protected].

It has been a pleasure doing business over the past five years and I hope that we can cross paths again in the future.

Thanks for your time and loyalty,

Matt Armour
    Founder and CEO
    OpenReaction Hosting Solutions, Inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Unless you stay within the same facility of course. Judging by their bandwidth graphs, they're in GNAX/NetDepot. I would suggest contacting NetDepot to see what they'll quote you for something similar since inter-datacenter transfer wouldn't take long at all.
      0 Not allowed!

Get moving..

At least they gave you a warning, I suppose.
    Freelance SEO Consultant - Been there, done that. Will do it again!
      0 Not allowed!

If you shut down everything on your server (to free up maximum bandwidth/disk I/O) and start your transfer now you just might make it in time.
    You could use an amazon EC2 server which are very fast and instant setup.

EDIT: GCM's idea is probably better.
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thats a shame, we had talked to them about a purchase but it just wasn't something to be worked out at the time.

Best of luck to all the customers.
      0 Not allowed!

Why don't you contact them and buy your whole server and negociate a co-location contract with the datacentre?
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks I'll take all this in. I just asked what the server would cost and options.

J
      0 Not allowed!

That's really sad.

Is it because they are financially unstable or something else?

I wonder how much they will sell their servers :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    That's really sad.

I wonder how much they will sell their servers :-)
    No business just closes because they are making money and want to stop..
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals
      0 Not allowed!

I asked. He is not saying why.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    the were stable.
      0 Not allowed!

Never heard of this company before, how were their services?

Their servers seem very expensive unless there are unadvertised deals I don't know about, like this one:
    AMD Sempron 3400+
    1GB DDR2 800 ECC
    160GB SATA
    10Mbps Dedicated
    Unmanaged
    $89/month + $29 setup fee

Upgrades are expensive too:
    +1TB hard drive $55/month or $329 one-time fee
    +1GB RAM $19/month or $109 one-time fee
    +7GB RAM $133/month or $763 one-time fee
      0 Not allowed!

AMD Sempron 3400+
    8GB DDR2 800 ECC
    2x 1000GB SATA
    10Mbps Dedicated
    Unmanaged

$199/month + $1,450.99 setup fee
    Total Due: $1,650.98
      0 Not allowed!

They were good. I thought the prices were fair after the onetime fee low monthly costs.

J
      0 Not allowed!

As a notice to all OpenReaction clients, TSS has made arrangements to take over the entire clientbase. We will be sending an official announcement out in the morning with details.
    Gary Simat
    COLO@ Colocation. Perfected.
    Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix - Weehawken - Los Angeles - Chicago
    Total Server Solutions - Servers - US Based Support - Server Management
      0 Not allowed!

Great !!!

Thank You!

J
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swsouft View Post
    Great !!!

Thank You!

J
    Your welcome,

Given the time constraints it's not going to be easy but we'll do the best we can to get you guys moved over
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks and Cudos to all for help

I want to thank RyanD and his staff from totalserversolutions.com
    and WHT forum!

As you can read above my old server co. was going out of business with only 24 hours to either move or go down. TSS contacted me and said that they are in the same datacenter as the old hosting co. They had both of my servers including all the admin (billing etc.) switched over and ready in about 4 hrs. My server was maybe down for 30min to an hour after switching IP's. TSS seems to have has a good billing support interface and I am looking forward to doing business with them.

Thanks again TSS and webhosting talk!
    Jack
    SSF Enterprises
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swsouft View Post
    TSS contacted me and said that they are in the same datacenter as the old hosting co.

Just to correct this. These servers are all migrated to one of our own facilities in downtown Atlanta being either 55 Marietta or 34 Peachtree. The provider you were at was where we were prior to opening our own locations.
    Gary Simat
      0 Not allowed!

As a notice to all Openreaction customers - NetDepot will allow you to keep your gnax ip addresses and simply transfer to another server or colo within our facility. You can open a ticket with us at www.gnax.net and we will be happy to help you out and make sure you dont experience a service interruption.

Thank you.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Well GNAX decided to take down the entire company now prior to renewal on the service. We are doing an emergency migration as of right now since all customers are impacted. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, looks like someone could not let you have a smooth migration. We will help facilitate this as smooth as possible for the OR customers affected.
    Gary Simat
      0 Not allowed!

We didnt take down the entire company Gary - your post is disingenuous at best. Openreaction owes us money and until their account balance is cleared we are not going to allow our competitor to clean out their business. You are not the white knight you portray yourself to be.

We are happy to help any clients there migrate their services and when Openreaction has cleared their balances with us we will turn their connection back on. We have not turned their power off so nothing has stopped functioning.

We will ensure they have a smooth migration. You nor any of your team is allowed at the NAP based on past negative history so I am not sure how you are going to smoothly migrate them anyway.

The clients know how to contact us and we will take excellent care of all of them.

JH
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    We didnt take down the entire company Gary - your post is disingenuous at best. Openreaction owes us money and until their account balance is cleared we are not going to allow our competitor to clean out their business. You are not the white knight you portray yourself to be.

We are happy to help any clients there migrate their services and when Openreaction has cleared their balances with us we will turn their connection back on. We have not turned their power off so nothing has stopped functioning.

We will ensure they have a smooth migration. You nor any of your team is allowed at the NAP based on past negative history so I am not sure how you are going to smoothly migrate them anyway.

The clients know how to contact us and we will take excellent care of all of them.

JH
    I find this to be an extremely unprofessional, low blow.

Keep it up JH.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    I find this to be an extremely unprofessional, low blow.

Keep it up JH.
    How is this unprofessional? What would you do in this situation? we had no notice until today, seem like the customers were already being move over to colo@

Now do you think we will receive our funds for services that were already used after all the customer were migrated?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by THAMAN View Post
    How is this unprofessional? What would you do in this situation? we had no notice until today, seem like the customers were already being move over to colo@

Now do you think we will receive our funds for services that were already used after all the customer were migrated?
    I think Ryan and his team are all good people for starters, you guys certainly have plenty of experience with them; however, what I am really referring to is the way Jeff worded his post. It seemed nothing but malicious in its intent.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    I think Ryan and his team are all good people for starters, you guys certainly have plenty of experience with them; however, what I am really referring to is the way Jeff worded his post. It seemed nothing but malicious in its intent.
    Guys,

Tis is out of hand and not needed. We're working directly with GNAX as well as OpenReaction to an amicable resolution for all partys.

I'd ask that everyone keep it civilized, this is about the clients impacted, not any relationship between "friendly" competition
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Guys,

Tis is out of hand and not needed. We're working directly with GNAX as well as OpenReaction to an amicable resolution for all partys.

I'd ask that everyone keep it civilized, this is about the clients impacted, not any relationship between "friendly" competition
    That is correct. Ryan and I are looking at things behind the scenes.

There are always people on the board that dont like some companies and do like others that like to add their paint to a thread to sway things. Its entertaining so I am not mad at Dougy. Its just part of life on this board
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

. Its entertaining so I am not mad at Dougy. Its just part of life on this board
    Your post I quoted just rubbed me the wrong way.. no hard feelings..
      0 Not allowed!

You nor any of your team is allowed at the NAP based on past negative history so I am not sure how you are going to smoothly migrate them anyway.

JH
    Mr. Hinkle,

Your entitled to run your company as you please no problems there. However we were banned from the facility as a 'business decision' after we moved out of your facility prior to any negative history. I do have logs of the conversation in question in which we found this out from your own staff members. Please do not try to twist into negative misinformation that was well after the fact of being ban from the facility.

That is all I wanted to say on this, I just had to clear up the misinformation.
    Gary Simat
      0 Not allowed!

Has anybody been able to contact Openreaction? Their phone line is disconnected and Matt has not been answering his emails. Since their network is down, I'm worried that their email is down too.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by icydog View Post
    Has anybody been able to contact Openreaction? Their phone line is disconnected and Matt has not been answering his emails. Since their network is down, I'm worried that their email is down too.
    icydog - We are in constant communication with Matt, drop a ticket in with us or jump on our live chat and we will get you any information we can.
    Gary Simat
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by garysimat View Post
    Mr. Hinkle,

Your entitled to run your company as you please no problems there. However we were banned from the facility as a 'business decision' after we moved out of your facility prior to any negative history. I do have logs of the conversation in question in which we found this out from your own staff members. Please do not try to twist into negative misinformation that was well after the fact of being ban from the facility.

That is all I wanted to say on this, I just had to clear up the misinformation.

I did not reference you being banned from the facility but since you have tossed it out there - yes you guys are banned. There are many reasons for it including many actions on your part.

There is no misinformation for you to clear up Gary. You are by no means the authoritative source on the issue. Thanks for your concern on making sure WHT knows that you guys have been banned from the facility. If you would like to continue the conversation we can get into details at your discretion. Just let me know.

JH
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by icydog View Post
    If you are a customer that is down right now please feel free to open a ticket with us at www.gnax.net and we will be happy to work with you to get you back up. We have had the same experience trying to get Matt on the line and he has not been able to clear his bill. Ryan at TSS has told us they will not be clearing his bill for him either so if you want to restore service we can bring you back up as a direct client.

Its Friday late - and our billing will be gone for the weekend shortly. It will make it difficult to get things sorted if you all wait too long. If you are waiting because someone else is telling you to - I don't recommend that.

No personnel from Wiresix or TSS will be able to retrieve or move gear from our facility - that will be up to Matt if he clears his bill which is not looking promising at this point. To be clear we have a contractual lien on his gear to hold our cash that he owes us.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

If you are a customer that is down right now please feel free to open a ticket with us at www.gnax.net and we will be happy to work with you to get you back up. We have had the same experience trying to get Matt on the line and he has not been able to clear his bill. Ryan at TSS has told us they will not be clearing his bill for him either so if you want to restore service we can bring you back up as a direct client.

Its Friday late - and our billing will be gone for the weekend shortly. It will make it difficult to get things sorted if you all wait too long. If you are waiting because someone else is telling you to - I don't recommend that.

No personnel from Wiresix or TSS will be able to retrieve or move gear from our facility - that will be up to Matt if he clears his bill which is not looking promising at this point. To be clear we have a contractual lien on his gear to hold our cash that he owes us.

Correct,

All clients should contact GNAX Directly http://www.gnax.net/company/contact.html

At this point they have made it clear that clients have an option to work out a deal to be taken over by them pending approval by OpenReaction and that they will not allow clients to migrate to any competition. The terms of our original arrangement were based upon information that OpenReaction had no open liability to their current colocation provider which proved to be untrue. In this circumstance it invalidated the agreement and GNAX exercised their right to lien.

While it is unfortunate circumstances it is the reality of the situation and we wish all clients the best of luck in getting online quickly.

I think it's time for /thread and any impacted clients can take it up directly with GNAX.

Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

All clients should contact GNAX Directly http://www.gnax.net/company/contact.html
    Thats really nice and friendly of you there Ryan to recommend another company! Good job!

TSS/Colo@ = #winning
    Last edited by Eleven2 Hosting; 04-08-2011 at 04:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven2 Hosting View Post
    Thats really nice and friendly of you there Ryan to recommend another company! Good job!

TSS/Colo@ = #winning
    Thanks Rodney,

At this point it's about the clients. #winning would be the clients getting online quickly and back to servicing their clients.

/thread for me.
      0 Not allowed!

Correct,

At this point they have made it clear that clients have an option to work out a deal to be taken over by them pending approval by OpenReaction and that they will not allow clients to migrate to any competition. The terms of our original arrangement were based upon information that OpenReaction had no open liability to their current colocation provider which proved to be untrue. In this circumstance it invalidated the agreement and GNAX exercised their right to lien.

While it is unfortunate circumstances it is the reality of the situation and we wish all clients the best of luck in getting online quickly.

I think it's time for /thread and any impacted clients can take it up directly with GNAX.

Thanks!
    Since their bill was not paid and you guys did not want to pay it for them, then no we did not want to give you all their clients and us be left with a past due bill. You said you were not going to pay their bill for them either. We had no other option and i think most would do the same.

In the end the clients will be taken care of.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000
      0 Not allowed!

Since their bill was not paid and you guys did not want to pay it for them, then no we did not want to give you all their clients and us be left with a past due bill. You said you were not going to pay their bill for them either. We had no other option and i think most would do the same.

In the end the clients will be taken care of.
    Do you have an ETA on this? I've had a ticket in since 4:22 EST.
      0 Not allowed!

/thread for me.
    We do not just close a thread unless it is necessary and if the OP requested it.

It is better to leave this open so that other OR clients can communicate here.

I think it is also fair for Gnax to shutdown OR services for non-payment. It is business not a charity.

If you can't pay, then don't do business instead :-)

I thought they are financially stable?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001
      0 Not allowed!

Uhh.. How ridiculous! You mean to tell me that GNAX has no other means to collect a debt owed then to hold customers hostage?

I love how TSS was being professional, and GNAX is trying anything they can to prevent OpenReaction.com's customers from going elsewhere. It's ridiculous. Why should they contact you first? You going to tell them a sweet sorrow? lol! R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast