* How to log in vps ?

Hi

I m thinking to buy vps, but how can i manage it , do i get anything like rdp in linux ?

if i need to install any software how can i install it ?

also which is best linux flavour for vps ?

thx

Hello,

Depends from which provider you get it from. Some don't offer anything, some offer everything . You can get SolusVM and cPanel to manage your VPS. They work very well together.

You can install any software using SSH.

- Daniel

hi

my provider says that they give kloxo for free,
    i m worried about installing imagicks & mod rewrite & htacess support.

are they come with kloxo or apache .

if not then atleast i need commends to execute them

thx

Well, usually the provider will install "your choice" of several different operating systems. For mine, I chose a 32-bit CentOS install, and it came with nearly everything I needed (including PHP, MySQL, etc.) The fact that they offer Kloxo means they already have an OS installed; ask them if it includes PHP, MySQL and the specific modules you want.

Typically, you get root access to a VPS, so you can use a SSH client like Putty to log in and install things from there. Often they provide a control panel to handle things like reboots, etc.

There are numerous tutorials you can find searching for your OS and the name of the package; i.e, I might search for "CentOS mod_pagespeed" to see how to install that package.

You can login to your virtual server from SSH (a good program to access this is puTTy).

For you, I suggest looking at a low end VPS that provides management support so they can help you with what you need..
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

If you don't know... Managed hosting is a must.

If you want to find out, there's tons of information on the web, or could go to your local library and get books on the topic, you might even be able to take a class at a local university. Install Linux on VirtalBox on your home PC to learn and play around; you can test multiple distros that way, and then pick your favorite.

Id start of with centos and kloxo and try learning how to install any other applications on your own to learn.

Its really not that hard the hardest part is buying, another member suggest cPanel yes thats an awesome control panel but if you are trying to keep your budget down id start off with Kloxo.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Hi

sometime Managed hosting provider are not available to sort things,its better i learn basic things so that i can handle little problem.

i have only 1 site to run.

i m ordering one vps for test they have good upgrade too once i get good hit i can upgrade .

thx

No problem.

Why we suggested management is because if you have a problem the provider is able to walk you through it, and fix your problem and if you ask they can explain what happen, and how to fix it later down the road if needed..

I would always suggest new users to go with managed hosting, it's a better service for the newer clients also to help them learn the basics and such while having knowledgeable people there to help them no matter what without no extra or hidden fee's for them helping you.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Hi guys

all setup

dns is pointing to my vps

i can see test page it show apache test page.

i m searching home path to uplad my files
    where i find apache default path so that i put php files ?

The path for the website content is:
    /var/www

Hi

i m using kloxo

so i dont find ant index.html ther

/var/www

just entering the admin page on kloxo and setting the important thing on kloxo. commonly kloxo will warm if any setting must u do

Yippeeed

Guys

WE need to restart apache or vps ( i restarted vps) after creating site else it not work

/var/www/html even you create sites it shows files from this path ,
    if no default page is avilabe it show apache default page.

once restart all my site working

thanks guys

Hi

i found that i m unable to log to account & some part are not working due to permission error

Sat Apr 09 06:54:20 2011] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/admin/mydomain/source/errorlog/php5/04-09-2011.log) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/admin/mydomain/source/includes/catcherror.php on line 52, referer: http://mydomain.com/viewer.php?file=060083402004081.jpg

anyone please help

thanks

Set your linux permissions correctly. See if that link helps you.