321-Hosted Fraud

We purchased the clients from build-a-host on this forum:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1029056

Unfortunately, we recognized more then 50% off the clients were either not active or hosted elsewhere, we requested a refund, gave the seller 2 weeks, promised we would have a refund by April 1st, when the sellers wife's check came in. Well, he responded to me April 3rd and promised me the refund would be in my account my the afternoon of April 4th, well he hasn't been on the site since and still no refund. STAY AWAY from this company and the seller on the forum build-a-host.

Good luck with your refund and thanks for sharing your experience
    StableHost.com - Home to over 23,000 websites.
    Contact us: 866.945.6952
    Offering: 24/7/365 Support, Web Builder and Softaculous.
    Read over 100+ reviews about us at RateLobby!

Doesn't look like he had that many clients to begin with, what type of DD did you do before making the transaction?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

Is 321hosted.com the same as 321-hosted?

I wasn't sure because of the "-".
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

Looks like your current web host having finance troubles at the moment. Good luck with your refund then.
    In any case you have charge back as an option.

I tried filing with PayPal but, he put the item as non-tangible so I lost and I didn't use a card so I lost case and most likely the money.

How much did you lose?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    How much did you lose?
    Nothing major only $100.00.

That's not a terrible loss then. I guess it's a price to learn the lesson, which I'm sure you've realized by now.

If he pays up, great. If not, I don't think you should spend any more time and effort on this.

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    Nothing major only $100.00.
    Thats good. For purchases like these I always use either a card or a check, then I can get a refund if the deal goes south. A signed contract is always required too. I had something similar to this happen years ago, but was out about 15k. Thankfully I had all my steps in place and was able to get my money back.

Thanks for warning everyone though.
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared/Reseller cPanelŽ Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (877) 240-7767 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

Quote Originally Posted by HostPolar View Post
    We purchased the clients from build-a-host on this forum:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1029056

Unfortunately, we recognized more then 50% off the clients were either not active or hosted elsewhere, we requested a refund, gave the seller 2 weeks, promised we would have a refund by April 1st, when the sellers wife's check came in. Well, he responded to me April 3rd and promised me the refund would be in my account my the afternoon of April 4th, well he hasn't been on the site since and still no refund. STAY AWAY from this company and the seller on the forum build-a-host.
    Going forward, for any future acquisitions you should always use an Escrow service such as www.escrow.com which will offer both parties a peace of mind, the Seller and Buyer.

Thanks for the heads up and that's why in some acquisitions I've been interested in I will not consider WHMCS reports as legit information since this information may easily be fabricated. I know this wasn't a large transaction but it's always best to request for actual Income Statements.

Good luck on getting your money back.

Regards,
    LevelHosting Inc. - Unlimited Web Hosting at your level
    cPanel, CloudLinux, LiteSpeed, RVSiteBuilder Pro, Softaculous and 24/7 Support
    Meeting the demands of high traffic web sites at an affordable price!

FYI clients are not intangible assets. You should call PayPal and let them know that. Intangible is like a World of Warcraft account.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bee View Post
    FYI clients are not intangible assets. You should call PayPal and let them know that. Intangible is like a World of Warcraft account.
    Good point, however since they (clients) are being provided with an intangible service, will they still say the claim is valid?
    Stream101 | Affordable Media Solutions
    Shared/Reseller cPanelŽ Web Hosting | WordPress Hosting | Premium Stream Hosting
    TOLL-FREE: (877) 240-7767 | 30 Day NO QUESTIONS Money-Back Guarantee
    100% Cogent Free Network | CloudLinux OS | Tier 1 Bandwidth | Grand Rapids, MI

The only reason we went PayPal and etc was because $100.00 isn't much, we created this thread to just make everyone aware of this company.

Technically some services like consulting or financial advice are in the same boat, but it isn't intangible. They're using physical space on a server.

Thanks for this, I've been lurking here for quite awhile and considered putting in offers multiple times. I too probably would have done the same thing though and paid through paypal for that small of amount. Best of luck on getting them back!

You can make $100 in a day so its not a major loss. Best of luck for the future!
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.