Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 58

Thread: Deasoft Down

  1. #1

    Deasoft Down

    Resellers down and its main host site deasoft.com too. No way to contact Brett Deason. Any updates ?
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on the computer
    Posts
    43
    How long has it been down?
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Im aware of that since around 2-3 hours. Dont know how long before that. Still down.
    I tried whois number associated with domain to alert Brett but it says invalid number +61.039797577
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    So Cal, USA
    Posts
    296
    Also confirming that their entire website from the main domain deasoft.com to even their US resellers.

    Approx time 8 hours.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Anyone able to contact owner ? Sites are still down now 12 hours. No way to contact main host site is too down.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,849
    Although I have no relation with Deasoft whatsoever, I can however tell you why they're down.

    It seems they are hosted with BurstNET, and as of a while back, burstnet have been facing network issues with parts of their network. This is why your host is down.

    Regards
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Many thanks for update Cyestyne. It was helpful.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    So Cal, USA
    Posts
    296
    Yea Brett was a great guy each time I dealt with him. I expected it was something out of his control.

    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully BurstNET gets their act together before people get too frustrated.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Its now around 22-24 hours. No update. Desperately waiting.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariolander View Post
    Yea Brett was a great guy each time I dealt with him. I expected it was something out of his control.

    Sorry to hear this. Hopefully BurstNET gets their act together before people get too frustrated.
    We had an issue last evening with some switches in Philly and NY that caused intermittent packet loss for a few hours while we worked on resolutions. No major network issues for a long time as suggested by either of the other posts.


    @Xhosting - Any network issues were resolved by 2:30AM last night. I'd get in touch with whomever you bought the server from.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Still down for me .. Any one in Aus. that can go hunt brett down?

    busrt.net is useless for help
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    on the computer
    Posts
    43
    Deasoft may be down, but I can pull up the forums? \

    http://forum.deasoft.com/
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Thats no help no reply from brett or anyone at deasoft
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    Still down for me .. Any one in Aus. that can go hunt brett down?

    busrt.net is useless for help
    That is wholly inaccurate.

    We have no idea who you are. You could be the end user of our reseller, you may not be. There may be a reason for your server to be offline, there may not be. The thing is, YOU ARE NOT OUR CLIENT. You do not pay us any money, nor do we have any information about you in any of our records.

    We simply cannot just run off and give you a server simply because you asked for one or claimed one to be yours.

    As it is, when we were made aware of your situation, we went and contacted OUR CLIENT (your reseller) about the issue. We can't give you ANY INFORMATION about the server, or why it's not online. I can tell you we have no network issues or Hardware issues that would prevent you from being online.

    You have to work with your reseller, and we are actually in the process of trying to help with that.

    So please be careful about your statements. Especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    Although I have no relation with Deasoft whatsoever, I can however tell you why they're down.

    It seems they are hosted with BurstNET, and as of a while back, burstnet have been facing network issues with parts of their network. This is why your host is down.

    Regards
    Actually, now that our network issues are resolved, and we have ahad a few tickets this morning regarding this, I can tell you that you are 100% wrong on your reasons.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    We can not get in contact with the reseller because the email is down cause the host is down no answer at the phone number. I dont want a server with you ever. I know what I am talking about that your no help to us (deasoft clients). All I want to know is if someone has actually talked to the deasoft and when this issue is going to be resolved or if i have to find another host and recreate the entire website. since its been over 36 hrs now and am lossing business.

    Bill

    Plus you do have an idea who I am since my data is located on a machine in your companys possesion
    You need to stop reading into posting and over reacting.


    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    That is wholly inaccurate.

    We have no idea who you are. You could be the end user of our reseller, you may not be. There may be a reason for your server to be offline, there may not be. The thing is, YOU ARE NOT OUR CLIENT. You do not pay us any money, nor do we have any information about you in any of our records.

    We simply cannot just run off and give you a server simply because you asked for one or claimed one to be yours.

    As it is, when we were made aware of your situation, we went and contacted OUR CLIENT (your reseller) about the issue. We can't give you ANY INFORMATION about the server, or why it's not online. I can tell you we have no network issues or Hardware issues that would prevent you from being online.

    You have to work with your reseller, and we are actually in the process of trying to help with that.

    So please be careful about your statements. Especially when you have no idea what you're talking about.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    609
    Although they do have the server in their datacentre, it doesn't mean they know who you are. Only Deasoft know who you are once you get in contact with them. It's a shame that they've been down for so long without any explanation, but it doesn't look like it's BurstNET's problem.
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    We can not get in contact with the reseller because the email is down cause the host is down no answer at the phone number. I dont want a server with you ever. I know what I am talking about that your no help to us (deasoft clients). All I want to know is if someone has actually talked to the deasoft and when this issue is going to be resolved or if i have to find another host and recreate the entire website. since its been over 36 hrs now and am lossing business.

    Bill

    Plus you do have an idea who I am since my data is located on a machine in your companys possesion
    You need to stop reading into posting and over reacting.
    No. you CLAIM your data is located on a machine in our company's possession. Again, we don't know you, nor have we any idea of your relationship with our reseller. That said, when it was brought to our attention today that you claim to have a server with a reseller of ours and they are being non-responsive, we immediately have gone about contacting them. These are usually brought to my attention and i call them, but the time difference would have had me waking them in the middle of the night, so we have e-maield them and will try calling later.

    We will help you when we have gone through our steps for resolving issues like this via the reseller.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Actually, now that our network issues are resolved, and we have ahad a few tickets this morning regarding this, I can tell you that you are 100% wrong on your reasons.
    A large part of our services with BurstNET were down yesterday along with lots of other people as well. It seemed only correct to point out that they are hosted with BurstNET and that *might* be causing downtime.

    There is no reason to be offended about this, I was only trying to help a fellow WHT'er who was probably going nuts wondering what happened to his hosting company.

    I would also like to point out that some of our services with BurstNET are still down as of a while back. Hopefully that will be sorted soon?

    Regards
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    If you sent email to a host thats not running then how are they supose to get it?

    Anyway I will not be using your service via any reseller or direct ever again.
    Have a great day
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    I know what I am talking about that your no help to us (deasoft clients)
    Then you most certainly do not know what you are talking about. Search WHT for jboost, or 2am network and see what kind of help we provided to these former reseller's customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    I dont want a server with you ever.
    That's your decision, but you're making assumptions that are incorrect.
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    If you sent email to a host thats not running then how are they supose to get it?

    Anyway I will not be using your service via any reseller or direct ever again.
    Have a great day
    There is nothing wrong with BurstNET services. They are a very good company and deliver on what they promise. They have a protocol to follow and you can't really blame them for that.
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    If you sent email to a host thats not running then how are they supose to get it?

    Anyway I will not be using your service via any reseller or direct ever again.
    Have a great day
    Do you REALLY think our only form of contact to a reseller is the same contact info they give you on their website?

    I'm not sure exactly how shallow you are, but if your ignorance is going to drive you away from us, all I can say is "be sure to wear your seat belt". We'll continue to help you and any other customer of Deasoft if the need arises, however, regardless of how poorly they make themselves look here.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylestyne View Post
    A large part of our services with BurstNET were down yesterday along with lots of other people as well. It seemed only correct to point out that they are hosted with BurstNET and that *might* be causing downtime.

    There is no reason to be offended about this, I was only trying to help a fellow WHT'er who was probably going nuts wondering what happened to his hosting company.

    I would also like to point out that some of our services with BurstNET are still down as of a while back. Hopefully that will be sorted soon?

    Regards
    No problems and i wasn't offended. I was just attempting to stop any speculation that daesoft's issues are arising from BurstNET.

    Please PM me any ticket number for anything of yours that is still down.
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    1,849
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    No problems and i wasn't offended. I was just attempting to stop any speculation that daesoft's issues are arising from BurstNET.

    Please PM me any ticket number for anything of yours that is still down.
    Thanks, I have PM'ed you the ticket #.
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Do you REALLY think our only form of contact to a reseller is the same contact info they give you on their website?

    I'm not sure exactly how shallow you are, but if your ignorance is going to drive you away from us, all I can say is "be sure to wear your seat belt". We'll continue to help you and any other customer of Deasoft if the need arises, however, regardless of how poorly they make themselves look here.
    A reply of Our network was functional as of xxx am ET and we have contacted deasoft and are awaiting a reply would have been a great answer. But instead you jumped to conclusions and read things into my post and others, Insulted me. I will not use your company for those reasons.

    Have a great day.
    Bill
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Bill,

    You started this off saying that we were "useless".

    I defended us to your negative and inaccurate statement. You continue to be mad at us for something we have nothing to do with. You brought us into this. And with every post you make, I am once again forced to show you how you are incorrect.

    Tell me how I "read into"
    busrt.net is useless for help
    .

    I pointed you to two previous resellers whose end users were left high and dry, and how we helped them. We helped countless more.

    We were, are, and will continue to be the exact opposite of your statement. You are just too proud to admit you put your foot in your mouth, and that's fine. You can continue to do that. When and if the time comes that we have to help deasoft users, We'd still be willing to help you, even though we have not one iota of legal obligation to do so.
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    You defensive stance is the problem. There is no reason to insult customers direct or indirect (as being a client of one of your resellers). I am in the process of relocating my sites to different NOC.

    I said useless in the contents of this thread. Sorry that you misunderstood that. Have a great weekend.

    Bill
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    I wish you well with wherever you end up.
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Looks like Deason is aware of situation and willingly ignoring things... no fault of Burst at technical ends. Otherwise no professional host will let his years old customer this way.
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by meowdogs View Post
    You defensive stance is the problem. There is no reason to insult customers direct or indirect (as being a client of one of your resellers). I am in the process of relocating my sites to different NOC.

    I said useless in the contents of this thread. Sorry that you misunderstood that. Have a great weekend.

    Bill
    I am pretty sure Burst knows the meaning of "useless". It's an insult as well. Believe it or not. So, watch what you say.
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    BurstNET_CSM, arguing on a forum does not make you look very professional.
    Double posting, as you have above, does not make you look very professional.

    Thank you for attempting to contact Brett, please let us know if he responds.
    The fact you have contacted Brett confirms us that you do, in fact, host ns2.hostdnsserver.com and ns3.hostdnsserver.com, and the majority of our sites.

    [JSH]John said: "Although they do have the server in their datacentre, it doesn't mean they know who you are. "
    No-one claimed that they did know who we were. You misread the post.

    meowdogs said: "busrt.net is useless for help"
    BurstNET_CSM said: "The thing is, YOU ARE NOT OUR CLIENT. You do not pay us any money, nor do we have any information about you in any of our records."
    This confirms that BurstNET_CSM is of no use for help to people who are not direct clients. Offering your services in other areas does not help us get our *.hostdnsserver.com sites back online.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "No. you CLAIM your data is located on a machine in our company's possession."
    This response is very unprofessional. Do you, or do you not, host Deasoft's servers? (particularly ns2.hostdnsserver.com and ns3.hostdnsserver.com)

    BurstNET_CSM said: "No problems and i wasn't offended."
    Then why are you behaving so unprofessionally?

    BurstNET_CSM said: "I defended us to your negative and inaccurate statement."
    No-one attacked you.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "You continue to be mad at us"
    No-one was mad at you, until your unprofessional reply to meowdogs.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "And with every post you make, I am once again forced to show you how you are incorrect."
    No-one is forcing you to do anything. You chose to argue on the internet with someone who you imagined was attacking you.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "I was just attempting to stop any speculation that daesoft's issues are arising from BurstNET."
    Mispelling the name of your client makes you look very unprofessional.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "We simply cannot just run off and give you a server simply because you asked for one or claimed one to be yours."
    No-one asked for a server. We asked for any information on the status of deasoft servers.
    Hyperbole and strawman arguments do not make you look very professional.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "You are just too proud to admit you put your foot in your mouth, and that's fine."
    Take a good long look at yourself. You misunderstood the context of the original statement, and are too unprofessional to admit it.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "We have no idea who you are. You could be the end user of our reseller, you may not be."
    We are customers of Deasoft. We are interested in the status of the Deasoft servers which you host, particularly ns2.hostdnsserver.com and ns3.hostdnsserver.com
    If you cannot, or will not, give us information about these servers, then STFU and GTFO, because you are of no use to us.

    No-one asked you to post in this thread. As you yourself have said, we are not your clients, there is no reason for you to say anything to us.

    If you feel the need to respond again, please at least attempt some semblance of professionalism.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Thank you for your post.
    Bill
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,902
    There's a response on Deasoft's forum that they're looking into this.

    http://forum.deasoft.com/showthread.php?t=821&page=2

    Just an observation: A minority of folks in this thread might want to start acting their age and not their shoe size. They obviously have no idea of the contractual relationship and privacy agreement that exists between a provider and their resellers, and to what (limited) extent the provider can discuss issues that revolve entirely around that reseller and not the provider.

    EDIT: In my above comment, replace the word "reseller" with "customer". I believe Deasoft simply rent servers from BurstNET and then provision their own plans etc. BurstNET would have no idea who Deasoft provide those plans to, nor are they obligated in any way to help customers of their customer, other than in an act of good will.
    Last edited by Postbox; 04-08-2011 at 08:03 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by deasoft_customer View Post
    BurstNET_CSM, arguing on a forum does not make you look very professional.
    Double posting, as you have above, does not make you look very professional.

    Thank you for attempting to contact Brett, please let us know if he responds.
    The fact you have contacted Brett confirms us that you do, in fact, host ns2.hostdnsserver.com and ns3.hostdnsserver.com, and the majority of our sites.

    [JSH]John said: "Although they do have the server in their datacentre, it doesn't mean they know who you are. "
    No-one claimed that they did know who we were. You misread the post.

    meowdogs said: "busrt.net is useless for help"
    BurstNET_CSM said: "The thing is, YOU ARE NOT OUR CLIENT. You do not pay us any money, nor do we have any information about you in any of our records."
    This confirms that BurstNET_CSM is of no use for help to people who are not direct clients. Offering your services in other areas does not help us get our *.hostdnsserver.com sites back online.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "No. you CLAIM your data is located on a machine in our company's possession."
    This response is very unprofessional. Do you, or do you not, host Deasoft's servers? (particularly ns2.hostdnsserver.com and ns3.hostdnsserver.com)

    BurstNET_CSM said: "No problems and i wasn't offended."
    Then why are you behaving so unprofessionally?

    BurstNET_CSM said: "I defended us to your negative and inaccurate statement."
    No-one attacked you.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "You continue to be mad at us"
    No-one was mad at you, until your unprofessional reply to meowdogs.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "And with every post you make, I am once again forced to show you how you are incorrect."
    No-one is forcing you to do anything. You chose to argue on the internet with someone who you imagined was attacking you.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "I was just attempting to stop any speculation that daesoft's issues are arising from BurstNET."
    Mispelling the name of your client makes you look very unprofessional.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "We simply cannot just run off and give you a server simply because you asked for one or claimed one to be yours."
    No-one asked for a server. We asked for any information on the status of deasoft servers.
    Hyperbole and strawman arguments do not make you look very professional.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "You are just too proud to admit you put your foot in your mouth, and that's fine."
    Take a good long look at yourself. You misunderstood the context of the original statement, and are too unprofessional to admit it.

    BurstNET_CSM said: "We have no idea who you are. You could be the end user of our reseller, you may not be."
    We are customers of Deasoft. We are interested in the status of the Deasoft servers which you host, particularly ns2.hostdnsserver.com and ns3.hostdnsserver.com
    If you cannot, or will not, give us information about these servers, then STFU and GTFO, because you are of no use to us.

    No-one asked you to post in this thread. As you yourself have said, we are not your clients, there is no reason for you to say anything to us.

    If you feel the need to respond again, please at least attempt some semblance of professionalism.
    I do not think saying the word "useless" is very professional either. Bust doesn't have to help you or anybody in this thread. Brett is not even responding to any replies on this thread but saying the word "useless" is an understatement since he is "actually" going the extra mile to help you in a bad situation. So, calling Burst "useless" or anybody is not going to make anybody willing to help you. Burst could of not responded in this situation. You are human and so am I. Is the best thing to do is be "useless" in the situation since you like to whine and complain? I guess so.
    Last edited by M Bacon; 04-08-2011 at 08:41 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Like i said earlier all that burstnet should have said was we have resolved the network issues and have contacted deasoft and waiting for their reply. Anyway the issue is still not resolved and There was a posting on the deasoft forum about 5 hrs ago saying that it should be fixed within the hr then another saying waiting for bust.net... so it looks like the lastest the problem is with burst.net.

    Hopefully there will be a explaintion soon
    newest post from deasoft
    AUS is 15 hrs ahead of us.

    #22 Today, 04:20 PM
    admin
    Administrator Join Date: Nov 2007
    Posts: 949



    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I honestly don't know as we are waiting on burst.net to respond to our many and numerous requests. What I can tell you is all services are restored, we are just not getting any communication from burst.net tech staff at the present time. Its been 3 hours since they last communicated to us or responded to our requests for support. We have submitted multiple support requests and phone calls. Very frustrating....we will keep persisting until we get them to do what they are meant to do.
    Last edited by meowdogs; 04-09-2011 at 01:27 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Just updated by brett:





    I honestly don't know as we are waiting on burst.net to respond to our many and numerous requests. What I can tell you is all services are restored, we are just not getting any communication from burst.net tech staff at the present time. Its been 3 hours since they last communicated to us or responded to our requests for support. We have submitted multiple support requests and phone calls. Very frustrating....we will keep persisting until we get them to do what they are meant to do.
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    I've given Brett 5 minutes to explain the full story or I will. I've had his customers and now himself making this sound like it's a BurstNET issue, when it hasn't been from the start.

    so. I'll post here and in Brett's own thread in 4 minutes.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Get your hand off it BurstNET_CSM, no-one thinks you are the cause of the problem. Stop acting like a whining child.



    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    I do not think saying the word "useless" is very professional either.
    BurstNET is the professional company providing the service. We are the people who are being effected by server downtime, we are not professionals and are not required to act professional.

    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    Bust doesn't have to help you or anybody in this thread.
    Exactly. As I said, no-one asked BurstNET to help.

    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    So, calling Burst "useless" or anybody is not going to make anybody willing to help you.
    BurstNET_CSM is of no use to the people in this thread, regarding the deasoft downtime. BurstNET_CSM said so themself, as I previously quoted.

    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    Burst could of not responded in this situation.
    Is the best thing to do is be "useless" in the situation since you like to whine and complain?
    You are absolutely right. BurstNET_CSM should not have responded in this thread, BurstNET_CSM's whining and complaining was completely unnecessary and does not help anyone.


    Quote Originally Posted by M Bacon View Post
    Brett is not even responding to any replies on this thread
    Brett was asleep. Brett is now awake and has been waiting for the past several hours for BurstNET to reply.
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by deasoft_customer View Post
    Exactly. As I said, no-one asked BurstNET to help.
    And that is where you are wrong the first time. We have several tickets in our system and a phone call into our customer service department from deasoft customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by deasoft_customer View Post
    BurstNET_CSM is of no use to the people in this thread, regarding the deasoft downtime. BurstNET_CSM said so themself, as I previously quoted.
    Again, not true. Your reseller disappeared. We're used to this happening and have helped MANY end users int he past. We just must follow a procedure and this is where end users of deasoft got upset.

    Quote Originally Posted by deasoft_customer View Post
    You are absolutely right. BurstNET_CSM should not have responded in this thread, BurstNET_CSM's whining and complaining was completely unnecessary and does not help anyone.
    Calling us "useless" in a thread when none of this is our fault tends to make me grumpy.

    Quote Originally Posted by deasoft_customer View Post
    Brett was asleep. Brett is now awake and waiting for BurstNET to reply.
    Where's that useless guy when we actually need him?
    Nice one. Take useless and use it again? You're about to learn the truth since I guess Brett went to sleep again.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Deasoft WHMReseller
    By VPSGuys in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2009, 03:55 AM
  2. Deasoft strikes again.
    By GaneshaXi in forum Reseller Hosting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
  3. Deasoft Alive?
    By Moogabytes in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 04:32 PM
  4. Anyone with deasoft.com?
    By stathis in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •