Setting up a reseller account - how to configure?

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a domain at namecheap that Im going to use with a reseller account. After that I bought a reseller at a company that I wont name here. Now, because I didnt buy a domain with them, it was not set up automatically. I have a basic idea of what needs to be done, but I opened a couple of tickets and always got half-arsed responses in chunks. Its like they dont even read the questions.

I need to: set up my private nameservers and set up the nameservers of the actual domain.

Now, I registered ns1 and ns2.mydomain.com to the same IPs as the company nameservers (ns1.company.com IP = ns1.mydomain.com IP).

After that I set up the nameservers of mydomain.com to point to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com. I am aware that it can take up to 3 days for these settings to update.

In the WHM I dont see any zone records, but I guess that Im not supposed to see those for my main domain anyway.

Are there _ANY_ other settings that need to be setup for this to work? I can give my domain name and company via PM.

You've done everything required to set up a reseller. You can now set up your billing software and other stuff. If you have any questions you can <<ask in the forum>>
    Last edited by bear; 04-07-2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Sajid Iftekhar - Web Design Portfolio

Thank you very much.

At first I bought a dedicated IP, but decided I dont need it. I wasnt sure what the settings needed to be for my own nsX.domain.com so I changed those a few times - thats why my domain is still unavailable. I guess I just need to wait out those 3 days and hope its all ok. If I have any trouble, I will PM you. Thanks again.

Open a ticket at your host, I think they can help you or at least guide you how to do.
    [Hostegic] [Features: Softaculous | RvSitebuilder | R1Soft backups | LiteSpeed | Cloudlinux | CloudFlare]
    [Location: UK] [Platforms: Linux - cPanel | Windows - WebsitePanel/Plesk]
    [Solutions: Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Virtual Private Servers - Xen/OpenVZ]
    [Guarantees: 24/7 Helpdesk Support | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 30 Days Money Back Guarantee]

You can not get even basic support from you current host and you are sure !! to receive support, in the times of critical issues ??
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

Well, I got what I paid for. Just bought them for 1 month to try, and planning to move later.

Out of curiosity, why don't you present these questions to your provider? They should be able to help you with these
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Everything sounds good that you have done.

You can always check here www.intodns.com to view if its pointing over correctly.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Well, I tried, but every response is very short and not clear enough. I basically have to ask one question 10 times to get all the info I need. If I ask more than one question in a ticket, I get a reply for only one of them. Cant even get a straight answer for a yes/no question. Its a real pain, and its not some random host - they are active in the forums, but I do not wish to point fingers.

And I'm not a complete begginer here, I have basic understanding of networks, been programming for 10 years now, 3 years for web etc. so I know enough to be able to make some basic setting when someone explains it properly.
    Last edited by dejangex; 04-07-2011 at 02:35 PM.