Arrow Unmanaged dedicated server similar to the old cheap $69 server from the planet

Good morning,

I currently have a few server at softlayer just below the $200 range for 1 server. They are my primary servers. In addition i have a few secondary servers at the planet (near the $70 range for 1 server, used for startup/test projects). I used this separation to spread the risc of being dependent on one hosting company. All server are unmanaged, although softlayer senior techs are nice when it comes to hardware failures.

A few months back softlayer and the planet merged.

Now i'm looking for another unmanaged dedicated server with the following requirements:
    - $60-$80 price range
    - at least 1.5tb bandwidth
    - at least 100gb harddisk
    - us location
    - 10 mbs line is ok
    - hosting company should be similar to softlayer/the planet (in business many years, support and techs 24 hours (for hardware failures))
    - unmanaged
    - at least 1gb ram
    - processor not so important

In the past i would go with the planet, but they are merged/gone and so are the cheap servers.

Any advice?

Kind regards,
    T. Akhayo

Have you tried talking to Softlayer's sales department to see if they have any inventory on those low end servers?
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Have you tried talking to Softlayer's sales department to see if they have any inventory on those low end servers?
    Thanks for the tip, ticket to sales send

Definitely let us know what happens.
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

check the TMS clearance offers (started from $69). they're good. support ticket not very fast but until now i don't have any urgent condition with my server (just asking more additional ips, requesting paypal subcription button etc ).
    Carstensz Pyramid Server
    ...:::::: KVM |||| VPS ::::::...

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Definitely let us know what happens.
    We are still taking They first offered me to replace my lowend servers with 1 big server. But after explaining the reasons behind my lowend servers i was offered:
    3050 with 2GB of RAM a 1 x 250GB SATA II HDD for $99

Which is quite good, but i'm still hoping for a offer like the old The Planet lowend servers. Let's wait a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by akhayo View Post
    We are still taking They first offered me to replace my lowend servers with 1 big server. But after explaining the reasons behind my lowend servers i was offered:

Which is quite good, but i'm still hoping for a offer like the old The Planet lowend servers. Let's wait a bit.

That is a good price already. You should grab it.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by akhayo View Post

Doesn't that fail to meet your need/desire of going with multiple companies to minimize risk?

I used this separation to spread the risc of being dependent on one hosting company.
    I think your budget is reasonable for the hardware you're looking for, you should be able to find something if you search the offers section or reach out to a few vendors.
    Michael G ★ Sharktech - DDOS Protected Servers ★ 20 years in business
    Bare Metal Dedicated Servers ★ Public and Private Cloud ★ Colocation ★ VPS ★ DDOS Protection ★ IP Transit
    Amsterdam ★ Chicago ★ Denver ★ Los Angeles

Have you had a look at Joes dc, It's not my cup of tea because I need managed hosting. If I was a bit more savvy, I would give them a go big time.

Check out their link on the dedi offers page.

Fortunately, many providers have stepped in to fill the gap that The Planet left behind. You can definitely get what you're looking for in that budget.
    Seattle, WA - Gigabit Carrier & Network Services Provider
    Uptime | Atlas Networks

Do you require a control panel of any sort?
    I do not see that listed in your request...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

To update you all, i went with interserver.net after reading many topics on this board about all kind of hosting providers.

They have a nice low end atom server for a price you can't go wrong.

Although i'm now waiting about 1 day for my server, hope it is ready soon.