Carat having network issues?

I sent a ticket on April 1st about server latency issues and they said they were having some issues. later that night they were solved. My users have been complaining that it is still very laggy, I have not noticed myself and I'm at work now so can't really check. just wondering if anyone is aware of them currently having issues. I may put in another ticket but just curious if anyone has more info.

I haven't heard of any issues so far. I've got two machines out of Carat currently, and I've not noticed anything over the last few weeks network-wise. Worst case, I'd have your users provide you with a traceroute. It could simply be a route path that's posing an issue.
    Ryan G.

I will do that, I also replied to my last ticket and they said there are no issues, so it's probably at my end this time. Or their ISPs' end. could be a router or something.

Have you ran something like WinMTR on your computer and see if there is a specific hop that's causing problems? I know it's not a reliable test given that some routers ratelimit ICMP, but it's usually helpful.

Link: http://winmtr.net/how-to/
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Unfortunately it never happens when I'm around so I have not been able to troubleshoot much. But I got my users to send me trace routes when it happens, hopefully they will. Since no one has really seen issues at Carat then I can rule that out and know it's something at my end or at their end. I don't have that many users, they could happen to be in same region or something.

I had found carats network to be decent most of the time, but yes, recently (like the last few months) I've been witnessing similar issues as you. I was running an ircd node on one of my servers there, and daily netsplits due to my carat server going unconnectable for very brief periods of time were becoming the norm.

I have moved the ircd now, during the April 1st interruption. Carat guys are good, They been good to us for the last year or so, but the iffy network issues at the moment are causing too much disruption for an ircd. Still have another dedi there though, as the interruptions are normally quite brief, it's not so much of an issue.

I don't want to put people off of carat at all, simply put, the network interruptions are hardly noticeable most of the time, unless you have something that needs constant connection outside of carat. I'm sure they will get it sorted, and in any other aspect, carat guys are worth their weight in precious metals.

Today my users complained about network issues and unfortunately this is not the first time. CaratNetwork are very good I am with them since couple of years, just hope they will fix that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by netologist View Post
    Today my users complained about network issues and unfortunately this is not the first time. CaratNetwork are very good I am with them since couple of years, just hope they will fix that soon.
    Have you attempted to lodge a ticket with them?
    Ryan G.

I contact them each time