Columbia,SC Colo and Supermicro Leasing

Looking for DC's in the Columbia,SC area or within an hours drive. Find A Host tab didn't offer much of anything.

Also we have purchased our servers from Dell using Dell Business Credit option, we are not happy with the level of Sales support we got and servers arrived configured wrong and the Sales tech misinformed us on some things.

We are entertaining the possibility of moving to Supermicro Rack Servers, however these would need to be a leasing/rent-to-own option. I have seen a couple that offer leasing but nothing for a company in business less than a 1 year and half. We are looking on moving on this issue pretty quick, as in by the end of the week so we can ship the Dell servers back. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ive been looking at talking to immedion in greenville, and it seems they also have a location in columbia. Might be worth talking to them?

Not sure if it was immedion, but some greenvillen company quoted me like $125/MB. Lol

I'd look into uberbandwidth//Netriplex in Asheville, NC. Further out but much better prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby13 View Post
    Looking for DC's in the Columbia,SC area or within an hours drive. Find A Host tab didn't offer much of anything.

Also we have purchased our servers from Dell using Dell Business Credit option, we are not happy with the level of Sales support we got and servers arrived configured wrong and the Sales tech misinformed us on some things.

Thanks
    Or you simply ignored the order confirmation emails?? They send you a spec sheet of what the server will come with upon order, did you not review that or the quotes they sent??

I blame you, don't blame the hardware or company for your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    Or you simply ignored the order confirmation emails?? They send you a spec sheet of what the server will come with upon order, did you not review that or the quotes they sent??

I blame you, don't blame the hardware or company for your own ignorance.
    Nope, they stated it was not an option and came by default on the servers we ordered, and it was stated in an email so I forwarded that to the customer service. They are working on it today to try to resolve the issues.

Don't get me wrong, I have been a fan of Dell for Laptop and Servers for 15+ years and promote them heavily.

Just took a tour of Immedion here in Columbia, SC nice/new place, kinda small. Some nice features, like client work areas, a couple large conference rooms, available at no extra, you can also use any of the Immedion conference rooms, in Greenville/Charleston at no charge. Waiting on the quote now....

let us know what they come back with on bandwidth pricing.

Just got the quote.
    Looks like $69/mb

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby13 View Post
    Just got the quote.
    Looks like $69/mb
    Eh not horrible i suppose, but not good enough for what i wanted to do in greenville. Im on-net fiber with charter and i was thinking of getting a PTP to a DC and picking up some cheap bandwidth, but charter internet pricing is around $85 per mb at 10mbps so immedion wouldnt be worth it when you facter in the ptp cost, rackspace, ect.

uberbandwidth in asheville is $5 per mbps with no commit and $5 for 100mb uplink, but a ptp from charter in greenville to uberbandwidth is $50 per meg at 20mbps commit since they have to haul it around 80 miles.

Those sound like good prices from uberbandwidth