* bad experience with BurstNET

Hi guys,

I'd like to share you my bad experience with BurstNET.

Ticket Open 31/03, 06/04 not solution,

view ticket 78.47.150.56/r3.jpg

dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall/?tool_id=67&token=&toolhandler_redirect=0&ip=46.37.189.148

dnsstuff.com/tools/ipall/?tool_id=67&token=&toolhandler_redirect=0&ip=46.37.189.149

then another

I think they are very responsive in ticket, I don't see a need for "Bad experience", its all regarding rDNS update
    Chicago VPS | Gigabit uplink host90.com

OpenVPN VPS spidervpn.com

Looks like the communication problem was caused by the auto-close feature of the BurstNET ticket system. I suppose they should look into that.

As far as why your rdns isn't working, that's up to the Burst folks, there may be something up with the caching nameserver. *shrug* With the ticket re-opened, they'll probably get on it soon. I do wonder if perhaps the auto-close feature on the ticketing system should be rethought.
    Last edited by Technolojesus; 04-06-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    | John Edel Jetfire Networks L.L.C. Trusted Hosting Solutions
    | Consistent, Reliable, Stable OpenVZ & KVM Virtual Private Servers
    | SpamWall AV & Full SMTP Filtering
    Now an SSLStore Titanium Partner!

Quote Originally Posted by nwtg View Post
    Looks like the communication problem was caused by the auto-close feature of the BurstNET ticket system.
    after four days ? and the solution to the request

Okay. I'm confused. We responded to your INITAL REQUEST within 5 minutes. You then waited OVER A DAY to respond to us. We THEN responded within 15 minutes. on the 4th, Our ticket system auto-closed the ticket because 48 hours had passed since we last responded to you.

You reopened the ticket at 9:06Am today, and we responded at 9:33AM. That's less than half an hour! You are the one that waited 4 days to respond!

Why you let the ticket sit for days if you were still having issues is something I can't speak to. But our techs are still looking into your issue, and have responded to you within minutes each time. You are not our only client and we can't sit and check on your rDNS for you. If you still had a problem, your job is to let us know. EVERY TIME YOU HAVE, we responded within MINUTES.

How is our support bad? I think it's great support, given the odd times you've chosen to grace us with a reply. The issue just seems to be more than the usual type for this issue, and our techs are working on it still.

You have one of their UK VPS packages, correct? I can only *assume* here that they might be having a problem with their UK nameserver cluster, *assuming* that the Reverse DNS is configured. I also *assume* that, unfortunately, the ticket was automatically closed before the appropriate team could resolve the issue. I don't know why the ticket wasn't worked in that time frame, that's something to take up with BurstNET.

Again, now that the ticket is open and you've updated it, you'll probably get a response.

Looks like the communication problem was caused by the auto-close feature of the BurstNET ticket system. I suppose they should look into that.

As far as why your rdns isn't working, that's up to the Burst folks, there may be something up with the caching nameserver. *shrug* With the ticket re-opened, they'll probably get on it soon. I do wonder if perhaps the auto-close feature on the ticketing system should be rethought.
    The auto close feature only occurs if we've responded to a ticket to the client, and they have not added anythning to the ticket for 48 hours. And even then, if they respond it auto-opens again.

There's nothing wrong with the auto-close. The issue was the client waiting 4 days to let us know there was still an issue.

Check the timestamps.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Okay. I'm confused. We responded to your INITAL REQUEST within 5 minutes. You then waited OVER A DAY to respond to us. We THEN responded within 15 minutes. on the 4th, Our ticket system auto-closed the ticket because 48 hours had passed since we last responded to you.

You reopened the ticket at 9:06Am today, and we responded at 9:33AM. That's less than half an hour! You are the one that waited 4 days to respond!

Why you let the ticket sit for days if you were still having issues is something I can't speak to. But our techs are still looking into your issue, and have responded to you within minutes each time. You are not our only client and we can't sit and check on your rDNS for you. If you still had a problem, your job is to let us know. EVERY TIME YOU HAVE, we responded within MINUTES.

How is our support bad? I think it's great support, given the odd times you've chosen to grace us with a reply. The issue just seems to be more than the usual type for this issue, and our techs are working on it still.
    Jennifer, is that you? Hi.

Well I certainly stand corrected on the issue with the ticket system. I read it again and didn't realize that support was the last to respond before the 48 hour auto-close.

Sorry, skunkcl, but I think BurstNET has a point. System admins have to be proactive when it comes to trouble tickets, especially. Nonetheless, I hope your issue gets resolved.

The auto close feature only occurs if we've responded to a ticket to the client, and they have not added anythning to the ticket for 48 hours. And even then, if they respond it auto-opens again.

There's nothing wrong with the auto-close. The issue was the client waiting 4 days to let us know there was still an issue.

Check the timestamps.
    Don't you roll your eyes at me! Kidding. I stand corrected on the autoclose. See my above post. :-P

Don't you roll your eyes at me! Kidding. I stand corrected on the autoclose. See my above post. :-P

No problem. This thread is moving fast

Check the timestamps.
    many explanations

better meet my request

I gave only one explanation: That you waited FOUR DAYS before telling us there was still an issue.

Since you DID (finally) tell us you were still havng an issue, our engineers started looking into it and found out the following:

RIPE was not delegating lookups to us, we are fixing that issue and it should take a few hours to resolve
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 04-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Without trying to be rude, what was the point of this thread exactly?
    If anything if people look at the image provided it can be easily seen that the OP did not report any issues after propagation took place.

The good news is this probably just gave BurstNET a few new customers and props to there response times

I can confirm this. The tickets generally close if the client has not replied after Burst has.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    Without trying to be rude, what was the point of this thread exactly?
    I would have thought that was obvious! The Op has the sense to know that anyone posting a positive BurstNET review would be shot down and flamed in seconds, so he made it look like a bad one (and nearly got away with it) whilst demonstrating just how efficient and timely BurstNET Support really is.

Pretty neat trick huh?

I'm glad Burst was able to resolve this issue. Burst!

Seems now days, everytime a problem occurs with there provider they jump to WHT now instead of just dealing it directly with them, I thought WHT was for reviews, not helpdesks? It seems if people don't get the response they want they come here. Our techs try the best they can to help clients, and make sure the client is happy before they take it here.

I think this should be for reviews after a problem is exceeding a time frame and they are either searching for a new provider, or posting a positive review. Not just requesting help from the company on here. :/

Good job burst!

I'm glad the client's issue got fixed!
    Last edited by FN-Mark; 04-06-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!