Angry Indian PayPal: Can't send money - required a credit card :(

Hello,

I am from India, I have no credit card but I have a PayPal Verified account.

When I try to send money or even If I try to pay Invoice then PayPal asking me for adding a credit card

I have no credit card

Why I ........in this....co..
    Last edited by DewlanceHosting; 04-06-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: paypal..
    Dewlance® Cheap Windows VPS - Chicago/Orlando/Vegas/AZ - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    Super Cheap Annually Shared Hosting - Canada/US/UK

Now indian users can't able to use paypal to pay . You can only receive . There is another big post running here in wht regarding this issue.
    24x7 PRO-ACTIVE SERVER MANAGEMENT | OUTSOURCED WEB HOSTING SUPPORT
    Now Available The first Support Brand for Startup Hosting Companies

Sales : sales @ syslint.com | Skype us : SyslintSkype | Call us : (+91)6007799

Paypal has become a main discussion topic among Indian since last some months. Is there some dispute between Indian government and Paypal or Paypal itself making new rule only for Indian?

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    Is there some dispute between Indian government and Paypal or Paypal itself making new rule only for Indian?
    Really wish I got the answer to that?

Paypal doen's operate in a number of countries like Pakistan, some Russian countries etc!

Looks like Paypal has worsened its policy towards India

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    Hello,

I am from India, I have no credit card but I have a PayPal Verified account.

When I try to send money or even If I try to pay Invoice then PayPal asking me for adding a credit card

I have no credit card

Why I ........in this....co..
    They are asking a credit card for Bank withdraw also. I have faced this problem & I solved myself by sending a support ticket to Paypal that I don't have a credit card to add. They are not asking my credit card anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by indiagirl View Post
    Really wish I got the answer to that?

Paypal doen's operate in a number of countries like Pakistan, some Russian countries etc!

Looks like Paypal has worsened its policy towards India
    Its not depend on PayPal only, they changed policy as per Indian RBI rules.
    Team Overline India
    Fully Managed cPanel Installed Virtual Private Servers
    Since Monday 16 June, 2008 - Thousands of Users can't be Wrong
    Premium WHMCS Themes from ThemeMetro.com

I think its time that we start looking for some other payment options

RBI guidelines have really effected business of more than 10,000 regular users !!!

They have blocked these all due to heavy bulk money made by users for blackhat.

Well hope soon they understand this that its not a fair policy, and they can re-fix this.

hi,

This is so easy.India == high fraud risk i do not intend any offence on indian people but all i see coming from there is

1) hack attacks (and (D)dos attacks)
    2) fraud (all kinds off including phising)
    3)Spam spam spam and again spam
    4)scams (fake companys calling people claiming to be from Microsoft tech support)

so yeah it's nothing more then normal paypal limits that country

Quote Originally Posted by DevilCrab View Post
    RBI guidelines have really effected business of more than 10,000 regular users !!!

They have blocked these all due to heavy bulk money made by users for blackhat.

Well hope soon they understand this that its not a fair policy, and they can re-fix this.

those blackhat spammers should all be locked up in jail with no food or drinking

Quote Originally Posted by cpanellover View Post
    hi,

This is so easy.India == high fraud risk i do not intend any offence on indian people but all i see coming from there is

4)scams (fake companys calling people claiming to be from Microsoft tech support)

Do you have any factual stats to back your statement?

Paypal was indulged in fraudulent practices hence they were forced to comply with the RBI guidelines, but they still managed to find loopholes.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

hi,

Do you know Only 9% Indians use Internet

Also check this chart: High Risk countries(Source: MSN.com)

TOP 10 countries in Internet Usage: http://www.internetworldstats.com/topusage.htm
    Last edited by DewlanceHosting; 06-08-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    Dewlance® Cheap Windows VPS - Chicago/Orlando/Vegas/AZ - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    Super Cheap Annually Shared Hosting - Canada/US/UK

Again those statistics paint an inaccurate picture because a lot of those countries have very few Internet users who shop online. So as a percentage the fraudulent orders look excessively high. That is why statistics aren't always reliable. As Mark Twain said "lies, damn lies and statistics"!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    Do you have any factual stats to back your statement?

Paypal was indulged in fraudulent practices hence they were forced to comply with the RBI guidelines, but they still managed to find loopholes.

If you notice from the link you gave, the report published by Guardian has been referenced by others. The report itself does not hold any proof.

Even if we believe that, it has been mentioned there that this scam is being run by the same person/company, this does not mean that India is a high risk country as far as CC processing is concerned.

You can not label the entire country as fraudulent or high risk because of one or two incidents by few individuals. Such scams originate and are still originating from different countries across the world. If you search google for 'Online scam from ___________' (fill the blank with any country name), thousands/hundreds of result will appear.

As far as I know none of the cc processing company has marked India as high risk country.

Paypal/Ebay/Amazon/Gap/WalMart and many such companies from all fields and market are eager to come over to India, but they have rules to follow and that is the case why paypal changed its rules for Indian users.

From the link you gave, it mentioned Hostgator and today Hosgator has opened their office and services in India, do you think it is because they think the same way as you claimed?

As far as paypal and it's Indian operations are concerned, they changed the process for Indian user base and have not limited the accounts. We can still send money, receive money, withdraw money to our local bank. What paypal is doing is to work around the RBI regulations.

@ DewlanceHosting, you can easily get a CC from SBI, HDFC, Axis Bank and many others, against FD if other regular methods fails.

hi,

i got a call from the "Microsoft team"
    "hello we have been receiving errors from your windows installation"
    me:
    "hahaha really? i never knew Debian and cent OS were owned by Microsoft"
    *hangs up*

Quote Originally Posted by Vinayak_Sharma View Post
    If you notice from the link you gave, the report published by Guardian has been referenced by others. The report itself does not hold any proof.

Even if we believe that, it has been mentioned there that this scam is being run by the same person/company, this does not mean that India is a high risk country as far as CC processing is concerned.

You can not label the entire country as fraudulent or high risk because of one or two incidents by few individuals. Such scams originate and are still originating from different countries across the world. If you search google for 'Online scam from ___________' (fill the blank with any country name), thousands/hundreds of result will appear.

As far as I know none of the cc processing company has marked India as high risk country.

Paypal/Ebay/Amazon/Gap/WalMart and many such companies from all fields and market are eager to come over to India, but they have rules to follow and that is the case why paypal changed its rules for Indian users.

From the link you gave, it mentioned Hostgator and today Hosgator has opened their office and services in India, do you think it is because they think the same way as you claimed?

As far as paypal and it's Indian operations are concerned, they changed the process for Indian user base and have not limited the accounts. We can still send money, receive money, withdraw money to our local bank. What paypal is doing is to work around the RBI regulations.

Don't get me wrong India deserves a chance but in my opinion it should be watched closely.Nigeria is such a country to with allot of scams.There is also a hackers screw active in India how are things being secured ? or you wouldn't mind your money disappaers ? I'm not saying the cybercrime is only active in India that can happen in any country in the world but since the poor law enforcement it is a big problem.Here in Belgium it is illegal to even scan a computer that isn't your property (and without permission from it's owner)Your isp will suspend your internet access if they find out and possible the police will be knocking on your door(depends offcource how you did it eg proxies or a vpn mention a fake ip) is that also true in India ? i highly doubt that India can hardly stop the spam problem so...... (other countries have that to China for exampe) Hostgator did open a India office not to happy about that but it doesn't affect me i only deal with hostgator.com

Quote Originally Posted by zwebx View Post
    i got a call from the "Microsoft team"
    "hello we have been receiving errors from your windows installation"
    me:
    "hahaha really? i never knew Debian and cent OS were owned by Microsoft"
    *hangs up*
    you should've asked them to come over and have a beer

Indian users can try moneybooker ... i guess this is another option!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeey View Post
    Indian users can try moneybooker ... i guess this is another option!
    they will limit to and require a creditcard + verified bank account

I am also facing the same problem with Pay Pal. I don't know the reason making changes in the rules for the Indian people.