Serious Reseller Account

Hello,

The company I work for is looking for a "serious" hosting provider we can resell. Hosting is not a primary business but on average we are getting 50-70 new accounts monthly as a value add to our main product. We handle end user support in house.

We are currently being billed in the $10k/mo range which is on the high side for what we are getting and the stability / support.

Ideally we would have our own private cluster which would be fully managed (servers / software / security etc) by the provider but I am not sure if any one offers this. If this is not possible we would like someone with rock solid infrastructure that can work with us.

Any recommendations would be great.

Do you have any ballpark figures as to how much space/bandwidth your clients are using? Location restrictions/requirements?

As said above, locations and space/bandwidth requirements, also how many accounts you have in total at the moment?
    Craig Messer - www.veloxserv.co.uk
    VeloxServ Communications Ltd - Company Number: 07357707 | VAT Number: GB 119 7652 89
    UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation, Rackspace, Web Hosting & Managed Services
    Wolverhampton and London UK

Hi,
    have you looked around the reseller offer section yet?

Talk with Steadfast they have a really slick setup in Chicago.

They're fully managed so you should have no issues getting a nice cPanel/hSphere cluster off the ground.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Have a look at Cartika. They provide a nice H-Sphere setup and also handle the billing and whatnot for you. Pretty slick..

--cP

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will contact each provider.

In the last 12 months we have:

1607 Accounts created
    Total Storage (no overselling): 2TB
    Total Bandwidth (no overselling): 145TB / mo

According to our current usage stats the actual amount used is in the 3-8% range. So really a dedicated 100 mpbs link would be able to handle the traffic without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by dexterdtg View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. I will contact each provider.

In the last 12 months we have:

1607 Accounts created
    Total Storage (no overselling): 2TB
    Total Bandwidth (no overselling): 145TB / mo

According to our current usage stats the actual amount used is in the 3-8% range. So really a dedicated 100 mpbs link would be able to handle the traffic without issue.
    That's an awful lot for a reseller account. While I understand you want to focus on your services rather than having to worry about system security/stability etc. but a managed provider may also be worth investigating as well .
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I am starting to think a managed provider is the way to go.

Get them to set up an dedicated hosting environment for us. And we can manage the support / billing etc in house like we currently do.

With that change of direction in mind are there any recommendation that type of service.

Get them to set up an dedicated hosting environment for us. And we can manage the support / billing etc in house like we currently do.

With that change of direction in mind are there any recommendation that type of service.
    The main one which comes to mind is rackspace, but I have no idea what they charge, but don't expect it to be cheap.

Alternatively, LiquidWeb is another provider that also has managed solutions which may be worth a look as well.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

You could go with Single Hop & Pay an additional fee for Management if you don't want to pay too much.

You should absolutely be looking at a managed provider.

With something like this, you need more then just a single dedicated server. A small cluster should suffice with 1-3 web servers, 1 beefy DB server and 1 eMail server. You can also use a combination of infrastructure if you like (ie cloud for some services, dedicated for others). The really good managed providers will also offer you end user support for some sort of fee if you wanted to go that route and just focus on your core business allowing the managed provider to manage your environment and support your end users on hosting related issues (though I know you mentioned you do this in house)

Do you sell Windows and Linux solutions? do you sell reseller accounts or only end user accounts? are you interested in reselling more advanced solutions (ie if one of your customers grow, do you have a desire to sell them VPS, Cloud, Dedicated or Dedicated Clusters?