VePortal vs SolusVM

From an administrative perspective (not end user) which control panel allows you to manage and monitor VPS better?

Simple and straightforward question. Which one has the most tools, graphs, etc.

Thanks.

I like SolusVM better personally
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Solusvm is good.

SolusVM here too.

Our vote would go for SolusVM as well. There should be few threads from the past about Solus vs vePortal. Both have progressed since then, but Solus still seems like a more suited solution for our needs.

+1 SolusVM because it supports Xen, KVM and OpenVZ virtualisation technologies.

I would be slightly worried about the future of VEPortal. Taking that VEPortals largest customer is Burst.Net and they are starting to use SolusVM it would cast a shadow over the future. Also taking things like the community forums have been offline for about a week. Just genearlly a hum

That said we run a few large SolusVM setups and would recommend it
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

i know this is solusvm and veportal,
    but there is also virtpanel,
    and i must say, i really do like virtpanel,
    you should look into it...

Quote Originally Posted by rghf View Post
    I would be slightly worried about the future of VEPortal. Taking that VEPortals largest customer is Burst.Net and they are starting to use SolusVM it would cast a shadow over the future. Also taking things like the community forums have been offline for about a week. Just genearlly a hum

You couldn't be more off base.

We are EXTREMELY satisfied with VEPortal. We are only using SolusVM for our windows-based VPS line, and that's mostly because VEPortal has not made a windows-based VPS product yet.

That said, it's working well enough for us and we have no real complaints.

I would have to vote for SolusVM. They have quite a wide customer base and it has become pretty much an industry standard because of the options for Operating Systems plus virtualization technologies. Oh, and don't forget, their support is fast and friendly. What more could you ask for??
    ██ KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    ██ Managed and Self Managed Servers | North Carolina, Washington D.C, London and Texas Data Centers
    ██ www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

Been using SolusVM since they opened a couple of years ago with no issues. Their support isn't the fastest, but their community forums are full of information. The product is quite stable and lots of features.

After hyperVM, I would recommend solusVM... Nice panel with multiple tools and is being developed everyday..

Quote Originally Posted by rghf View Post

We are not moving away from vePortal whatsoever...we are VERY happy with their software. We just needed a Xen based solution for our Windows VPS product line, and vePortal does not provide that. We are not moving away from vePortal for our OpenVZ nodes.

I do often say, it seems like SolusVM was developed by a very competent traditional programmer who had little experience in internet applications and they are learning as they go along.

That could be completely wrong... but the incomplete ways they do key things like DNS and managing the firewall often annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwave View Post
    I do often say, it seems like SolusVM was developed by a very competent traditional programmer who had little experience in internet applications and they are learning as they go along.

That could be completely wrong... but the incomplete ways they do key things like DNS and managing the firewall often annoy me.
    Solus VM seems to me that it has a lot of bugs. When I was using it, I had quite a bit of issues. Solus VM charges you to look at your server. They can tell you how to fix the issue but whenever you had something that got bugged out they charge you an additional fee or you had to get help on the forums where many topics weren't replied to.

VePortal.Com had an issue with the mail server. Contacting them was an issue & I had to login the fourms to let them know about it. VePortal had licensing issues from the start but this was a while back. I probably should of contacted them about it as well.

With Virtualizor, I had no issues at all. It supports: OpenVZ, Xen PV, Xen HVM and Linux KVM.

I had an issue with spam control but I should of manually verified accounts instead of automatically provisioning them. I should of probably added CSF to the host node as well but that was my ignorance.
    Last edited by M Bacon; 04-06-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Virtualizor looks cheap, and I'm not sure if it is time tested or not.

I'm definitely leaning towards SolusVM. It would be nice if I could try a demo of the admin area on both VePortal and SolusVM - or see a video of it.

SolusVM is a solid product though i must admit im not happy with the development roadmap, I'm not sure who is using KVM now out of it as they put more effort on it rather than some obviously important features like DNS and full featured IPv6 support among others.... Maybe they need it (KVM) for their next version aka cloud panel.
    Last edited by QuickWeb-Roel; 04-07-2011 at 04:48 AM.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz and GETVZ - Complete VPS Package with SSD Drive

Quote Originally Posted by thezombiehunter View Post
    Virtualizor looks cheap, and I'm not sure if it is time tested or not.

I'm definitely leaning towards SolusVM. It would be nice if I could try a demo of the admin area on both VePortal and SolusVM - or see a video of it.
    I felt the same way when I checked virtualizor out, however it does look feature rich.

Nonetheless, SolusVM is the winner for me. VEPortal seems limited in terms of cluster management. SolusVM is very straight forward and a very easy transition from HyperVM which is what I used several years ago when in paid development (by Ligesh).
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

for me i can say is Both are good...

only thing is you must do cron-jobs + install firewall system.. finish.
    Wanna Wiki ? So here it is Wiki

SolusVM, definitely. The developer API is great.