Cheap ftp storage???

I am a photographer. I need to transfer my photos to clients in large sizes. Do you know a cheap ftp storage service? I would like to upload photos in size of 40-70GB. Do you know any good company that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
    Thanks!

BQBackup.com would be perfect for something like this. Best prices in the industry. I had them for a while and had a great experience.

thanks!!!! I will check them out right now!

exavault company is a cheap also..

hasselblad;

A quick math lesson, $100 plus per month to a shared system is not cheap and you will see your customers waving good bye because of slow transfer times. Loosing money on both ends is no fun.

The (currently) lowest price will come from Online Storage Solutions @ $35 per year, but that is not a recommendation, just a statement.

Your best bet is to lease a low end server (or cloud instance) with a fast port to the net (1GB or better) and as much drive space as you can afford, have it configured to fit your needs. Use it until it dies and get another. Low per month outlay and very happy customers - best of both worlds.

BTW; Experience in the high end graphics marketplace has taught me this.

Also check out FTP Offsite.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Thanks guys!

It's not really FTP, but Dropbox is pretty nice. Plus, you can access your files right on your desktop or even on your phone by using their free iPhone app. Heh, I'm using Dropbox for backup purposes as I believe that it's fast enough and just works for me. Simple and easy.

PS: They also have the web interface for uploading, editing and downloading files.

Quote Originally Posted by hasselblad View Post
    I am a photographer. I need to transfer my photos to clients in large sizes. Do you know a cheap ftp storage service? I would like to upload photos in size of 40-70GB. Do you know any good company that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
    Thanks!
    We've been using Backup Spot (http://www.backup-spot.com/) for some of our larger volume stuff. Speed has been great, reliability has been great - no complaints here.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

rgenzon;

Did you mis the part about 40 - 70GB files?

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    We've been using Backup Spot (http://www.backup-spot.com/) for some of our larger volume stuff. Speed has been great, reliability has been great - no complaints here.
    I was considering them as cPanel is included, but they are much newer than BQBackup.

I put more secure and reliable before extra features. Not that I'm saying Backup-Spot aren't secure or reliable. I might try an account with them soon to see how it goes.

I'll see if I can get a trial or something to test their setup.

Edit: why do BQBackup not offer cPanel?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    Edit: why do BQBackup not offer cPanel?
    I'm not sure what the benefit would be. cPanel is for website hosting. Is there some specific feature of cPanel that you'd like to see with a backup service?
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

Quote Originally Posted by bqinternet View Post
    I'm not sure what the benefit would be. cPanel is for website hosting. Is there some specific feature of cPanel that you'd like to see with a backup service?
    Some users aren't good with SSH and would prefer to use cPanel to create remote keys/cronjobs, etc.

Same reason why WebbyCart does not use it on theirs
    - Has SSH Access as well as FTP without the use of cPanel.
    - Though based on Rsync.

I would be inclined to use WebbyCart, they have a pretty awesome support team and on every request for support I submitted via them was always answered promptly, very friendly, and it's a service that I still prompt to promote as of past experiences it had to be one of the best options on the market.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Some users aren't good with SSH and would prefer to use cPanel to create remote keys/cronjobs, etc.
    We're actually working on a wizard that does the entire Rsync setup, including keys and cron jobs. Our original customers were generally people that are comfortable with an SSH shell, but the demographics have shifted a bit recently, so I think it's about time for a point and click interface to automate our usual setup instructions.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation

We're actually working on a wizard that does the entire Rsync setup, including keys and cron jobs. Our original customers were generally people that are comfortable with an SSH shell, but the demographics have shifted a bit recently, so I think it's about time for a point and click interface to automate our usual setup instructions.
    Nice. Sounds good to me.

Also with cPanel setup I can get WHMCS to create the accounts automatically. I did that with a different provider a year or so ago. It definitely makes setting up new accounts a little quicker. Another thing, is it possible for you to allow the Reseller control panel css to be customized at all? BQBackup text is not the same as my designs text making the pages design slightly off.

Also with cPanel setup I can get WHMCS to create the accounts automatically. I did that with a different provider a year or so ago. It definitely makes setting up new accounts a little quicker. Another thing, is it possible for you to allow the Reseller control panel css to be customized at all? BQBackup text is not the same as my designs text making the pages design slightly off.
    We don't have a WHMCS module, but we do have a management API that comes with a PHP include file that is easy to use. As far as CSS, that can be done by modifying the header code from within the control panel.

I don't want to take this thread off topic, so feel free to follow up at scott@bqinternet.com.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation