So is VPSLatch.net still the VPS host of choice around here?

Based on reviews on this site it seems that may be the case. However:

Maybe its just me, but www.vpslatch.com does not work, but it works without the www. (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.vpslatch.net says it is down.)

On the website it says, "We always keep our customers up to date on the latest news and events of our company." but there is no mention of the recent acquisition by Hostdime.

The offer on the index says, "Hurry, offer expires in 04, 13, 30, 0" but its not even counting down. Also, the promo is "NewYear" which seems a little outdated.

I know I'm nit-picking but I've been through so many hosts in my 10 years and i usually run when i see a site like this. But after searching around i see lots of people are happy.. but I'd love to hear from some people who have signed up for this service post-acquisition.

Thanks for any feedback as well as additional recommendations for VPS providers that are reliable and honest.

The transition period in an acquisition most often is somewhat rocky but that doesn't mean service won't improve. That being said, it may be best to hold off for a while and wait for the transition to fully be completed in order to accurately gauge the new level of service.

VPSLatch was the host of choice for those looking for managed services at a budget price.

For those looking at a premium provider with a longterm track record then the likes of WiredTree, KnownHost, Servint, LiquidWeb, Futurehosting etc were the shortlisted candidates in recent years.

If budget is limited most definitely look at FutureHosting out of the group as they provide a fantastic service at very competitive prices. If you want The Daddy then it's KnownHost!

Hopefully HostDime turns things around (no doubt they will) - personally VPSLatch has failed me more than enough times to ever purchase more services from them.

Previously it really felt more like a basic VPS service with a cheap management slap on. "We will update you" type replies, etc. Nothing really satisfactory, but you get what you pay for. We'll see how things go with HostDime's *real* support team taking care of things - before it just seemed like a bunch of random remote techs.

well the website is not showing now

Quote Originally Posted by LostSoul83 View Post
    well the website is not showing now
    The website seems to be showing for me. Their "NEWYEAR" special count down seems to restarts every time you refresh the page, though.

My VPS does not work for more than four hours ....

Quote Originally Posted by comeback View Post
    My VPS does not work for more than four hours ....
    Have you opened a ticket on this issue?

Also, we are switching the site over to our corporate site hosting at this time and it should be complete before the business day starts.

Thank you
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by DimeNOC Dennis View Post
    Have you opened a ticket on this issue?

Also, we are switching the site over to our corporate site hosting at this time and it should be complete before the business day starts.

Thank you
    Please PM me your ticket ID so I can check into this further or post it here.

Thank you
    I sent the ticket number

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    For those looking at a premium provider with a longterm track record then the likes of WiredTree, KnownHost, Servint, LiquidWeb, Futurehosting etc were the shortlisted candidates in recent years.
    I agree to this. eUKhost are good too.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

I just used their web contact form to ask whether they allow custom kernel and how much for addtional IP addresses but it does not appear they wish to get back to me / received my query.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    I agree to this. eUKhost are good too.
    But the guy is in the US!

Quote Originally Posted by ivor View Post
    I just used their web contact form to ask whether they allow custom kernel and how much for addtional IP addresses but it does not appear they wish to get back to me / received my query.
    I just resent my query and seemed that they received it now since i received their automatic email reply. (but not the one yesterday)

still site not open with www
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

See this page; http://vpslatch.net/acquisition.php

Quote Originally Posted by http://vpslatch.net/acquisition.php
    VPSLatch Acquisition Notice
    We are pleased to announce some exciting news. HostDime.com, Inc. has acquired VPSLatch.net and the acquisition is scheduled to be completed on May 1, 2011. VPSLatch.net will continue to operate as a separate brand. Adam has built a wonderful company and we wish to continue the excellent work he's begun. What does this mean for you? A lot of good things, which we will briefly explain below.

HostDime is a solid and financially strong company with close to 10 years in the business. We own and operate our own datacenters and have over 7 locations world-wide [http://hostdime.com/global], so you can be sure you are in good hands. We have an excellent reputation with our customers and we are committed to providing you an outstanding level of service. We will work closely with you to make sure your business continues to grow and flourish.

HostDime.com, Inc. offers you superior support from our extensively knowledgeable team of over 250 technicians. You can rest assured that we will always be able to assist you when it comes to your fully managed VPS hosting package. We will also be implementing 24x7 live chat within the coming months. We know the importance of immediate help and soon you will have that option in addition to standard support methods.

Service Changes:

What changes can you expect from this acquisition? By Friday, April 1, 2011 you will have your own login for our Core client portal [https://core.vpslatch.net]. At that time, all support assistance will be handled through Core. This exclusive client portal integrates all systems (including billing, ordering and support) into one seamless system that is under constant refinement by our development staff. Initially, only support requests will be handled through Core. When your account is first migrated, you will not be able to see or manage your billing details or packages. That information will be added to your account over the next 30 days.

For now, the VPSLatch.net server that holds your current VPS plan will remain the same. However, in the near future, we will contact you to move your VPS to a new, higher-end system which will improve performance. When this migration occurs, your existing IP address(es) and service will not change. We will also be performing these migrations without any downtime whatsoever. Currently, you manage your VPS via SolusVM and that will also remain unchanged at this time. However, you will soon see changes in Core which will integrate all of the functionality that SolusVM currently offers you, and at that time SolusVM access will be discontinued and you will manage everything through Core. This will make managing your service much faster and easier.

To log into Core, you may use your existing VPSLatch.net WHMCS login details. When logging in for the first time, you will be asked to confirm your current contact information. You will also be shown a 5-digit PIN number. This PIN will be used for customer verification. You can update this PIN at any time via Core. During the next 30 days your billing and VPS package details will be migrated to Core. If you have any questions about the above service changes, please log into Core and submit a ticket to our Support department requesting clarification.

Accounting Changes:

We are going to offer all current clients of VPSLatch.net a price lockdown, which means that there will never be any price increases for your existing service (assuming you don't make changes to it). If you are a reseller who resells VPS through VPSLatch.net, please contact us so we can create coupon codes for you to lock down your current prices.

Once your billing information has been migrated to Core, there will be a few important changes that you need to be made aware of. First, any payments normally due in April will be moved to May 1, 2011. At that time you will owe a pro-rated amount for your payment usually due in April. For example, if your normal payment date is April 15, and you usually owe $20.00 per month, then on May 1 you will owe $30.00, covering the pro-rated amount of April 15 - April 30 ($10.00) + $20.00 for all of May 2011. After that, your renewal date will be set to the first of the month, regardless of when you used to pay VPSLatch.net. This change is being made to reconcile the differences between our accounting system and the system previously used by VPSLatch.net.

Also, HostDime.com, Inc. offers two payment methods: credit card and PayPal. Some clients of VPSLatch.net currently pay via Moneybookers or Alert Pay. Unfortunately, we will not be able to support those payment methods. For those who pay via credit card now via 2checkout.com, we have opened a direct merchant account for VPSLatch.net and those credit card payments will be processed through Core. You can log into Core and add a credit card for automatic billing or you can pay each month on your own. As for PayPal payments, some of you are on PayPal subscriptions. We are not able to support PayPal subscriptions at this time. However, paying manually allows you to have more control without worrying about automatic overpayment.

In order to keep your services active after May 1, 2011, we will require all current VPSLatch.net customers to log into Core and either pay the open invoice manually or set up a new automatic credit card payment. If you have any questions about the above accounting changes, please feel free to log into Core and submit a ticket to our Accounting team.

Timeline Overview:

* April 1, 2011 - You will be able to login to our Core client portal [https://core.vpslatch.net] and all technical support will be handled via this system. All new sign ups will also go through this system.
    * Between April 1, 2011 and April 30, 2011 - You will see your billing details and products added to your Core profile.
    * May 1, 2011 - Finalization of the acquisition process and first monthly invoices due.

We thank you for your patience during this transition and we look forward to serving your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    But the guy is in the US!
    Hmmm... OP never said US location was a requirement. OP may even want UK hosting for clients in say UK. If not, it doesn't get much better than HostDime.
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by gold2 View Post
    still site not open with www
    Hello gold2,

The site is resolving for me now via www. Also, it opens without www without issue. There may be some DNS propagation issues at your ISP.

Have a great day
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Hello gold2,

The site is resolving for me now via www. Also, it opens without www without issue. There may be some DNS propagation issues at your ISP.

Have a great day
    yes now open fine
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

Quote Originally Posted by HostingFuze View Post
    Hopefully HostDime turns things around (no doubt they will) - personally VPSLatch has failed me more than enough times to ever purchase more services from them.

Previously it really felt more like a basic VPS service with a cheap management slap on. "We will update you" type replies, etc. Nothing really satisfactory, but you get what you pay for. We'll see how things go with HostDime's *real* support team taking care of things - before it just seemed like a bunch of random remote techs.
    HostingFuze,

Thanks for your trust and confidence. We are underway in the huge overhaul. No transition is ever easy but we are going through it as strong as we can. Great Managed Support is one of our huge traits and we will pass it down to all the VPSlatch current and future clients.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |