TheFusionNET/VPSKings.net 1 Month Review

I posted a quick review after I got really excited about the service just a few days in. Here is a more proper, tenured review.

I now have three services with them, 2 with TheFusionNET.com and 1 with VPSKings.net. These are the same company run by the same people it seems, so I'm going to lump the two together for the sake of this thread.

Network has been extremely stable and fast. I use Pingdom 1min ping checks on everything and there has been 0 downtime. My previous provider had servers out of LA. I don't know if it's because of FusionNET's DC being in Dallas or if it's that Softlayer is that good...but my users have seen increased download speeds on larger files.

I don't know how to perform any standard benchmark tests, so this is really all I go off of. Create a 100mb file and download it through the browser. With previous provider I would download at around 300-400kbp/s. After switching to TheFusionnet I can down that file around 1-1.2mbp/s. Which is definitely cool

The biggest thing I like about Shane and his team, which I mentioned in the first thread is the communication. They are new, so I'm not sure if they just like ME because I was an early client or that I have 3 services with them...but they really have bent over backwards for me in many ways. I've spoken to Shane a few times and he's really kept me in the loop about the company and how they are growing. He's fun to talk to, as is the rest of their team.

I just had an experience with another provider (will post thread) that really left me scratching my head. It was having to do with cancelling their service, because I went with FusionNET. That's when I really appreciated the flexibility and general business practices Shane showed.

One of the biggest things for me is being able to talk to just about anyone on the staff and they know what they are doing. My other providers, including many previous ones, always kept transferring tickets between departments and things. Also, actually being able to get technical information or support via live chat is a huge plus. I'm not sure if it's always online, but I've encountered Stephanie with a few issues on live chat and she did things live for me right in the chat. Very cool.

I'm also pretty excited about what they have planned. Everytime I speak with them, they try and get me to piss my pants about a whole new control panel they are launching that they developed themselves. They are giving me a beta account soon. Should be pretty cool though based on how they've explained it to me. I'm not usually a fan of proprietary panels, but this does sound interesting.

Anyway, bottom line is I'm extremely happy that I found them when I did. I have truly developed a relationship with them that I am excited for.

My third VPS with them just went up a couple days ago and I'm probably going to order another small one soon.

*These guys are the only people I've ever written a review about. I know WHT likes to verify reviews. I'm not sure how to do that with VPS. Someone can PM me.
      0 Not allowed!

great to hear that
    keep up update
      0 Not allowed!

thanks for the positive review.have you give your ip to mods? and keep update
    indonesia store Indonesia Clove Store
    indonesian coffee
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the kind words Noppix,

Please click the report button on your post and provide your FusionNET VPS IP or the domain you have hosted/assigned to one of your Virtual Servers from them to verify it.

Thank you again
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!
      0 Not allowed!

wow

thanks for the review i will take a look and if it is ok i will get small plan to see if its ok...
    we need immediate answer

were in 2 different vps provider now and still seeking for good service

i hope fusion.net will satisfy us....

thanks again
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Noppix View Post
    I now have three services with them, 2 with TheFusionNET.com and 1 with VPSKings.net. These are the same company run by the same people it seems, so I'm going to lump the two together for the sake of this thread.
    Is your VPSKings.net VPS still working ok? Their website has been offline lately.
      0 Not allowed!

Thread cleaned of unrelated "sales talk". Reviews are not the place for promotion or questions about specific deals to be had from the reviewed host.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by david3 View Post
    Is your VPSKings.net VPS still working ok? Their website has been offline lately.
    Pingdom hasn't shown any downtimes. I haven't done anything on it in about 7 days, so can't comment on performance.

It's definitely been up 100% though. I have pingdom run 1 min checks.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by david3 View Post
    It should be back online, We noticed this also and were fixing on maintenance that was being done on the webserver that VK was hosted on. This did not effect any clients services we always ensure that no clients are effected in any work we do!
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
      0 Not allowed!

It's still down from here, and there seem to be some DNS issues:

http://www.intodns.com/vpskings.net

NS records got from your nameservers listed at the parent NS are:
    ns2.thefusionnet.com [] (NO GLUE) [TTL=86400]
    ns1.thefusionnet.com [] (NO GLUE) [TTL=86400]

INFO: GLUE was not sent when I asked your nameservers for your NS records.

ERROR: I could not get any A records for www.vpskings.net!
      0 Not allowed!

Pingdom hasn't shown any downtimes. I haven't done anything on it in about 7 days, so can't comment on performance.

It's definitely been up 100% though. I have pingdom run 1 min checks.
    I'm glad to hear the VPS itself is still up.
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm, Thank you David for pointing that out..

Do you have a service with us through vpskings? Is your service facing problems? You should be able to access/view the website now as I'm able to..
      0 Not allowed!

I have double checked the settings, it seems there was a error on one of the nameservers to the web server the domain/account is hosted on, please let me know if you are still having this problem it should be fixed now.

Mind shooting me a e-mail at [email protected] after you do to let us know, VPSKings; you should get a new web page that has the information listed right on the front index as we updated it for the release of our new location (Chicago, Germany, and Canada).

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    Hmm, Thank you David for pointing that out..

Do you have a service with us through vpskings? Is your service facing problems? You should be able to access/view the website now as I'm able to..
    I don't have service with you. I just noticed the website was down for some time, so I was wondering if the service was still operating.

Quote Originally Posted by FN-Mark View Post
    I have double checked the settings, it seems there was a error on one of the nameservers to the web server the domain/account is hosted on, please let me know if you are still having this problem it should be fixed now.

Mind shooting me a e-mail at [email protected] after you do to let us know, VPSKings; you should get a new web page that has the information listed right on the front index as we updated it for the release of our new location (Chicago, Germany, and Canada).

Thank you.
    It looks like it's back up again now for me. Glad to know everything is ok.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for assisting us..

It was just a simple DNS problem that's now fixed..
      0 Not allowed!

Good job blatantly ripping our site

http://www.fastserv.com/about/
    www.thefusionnet.com
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FastServ View Post
    Good job blatantly ripping our site

http://www.fastserv.com/about/
    www.thefusionnet.com
    Some major issues came up while I was with FusionNET. On the level of me calling them fraud. The service is great, but the operations are borderline illegal. I switched away just two days ago and was going to update things.
      0 Not allowed!

Some major issues came up while I was with FusionNET. On the level of me calling them fraud. The service is great, but the operations are borderline illegal. I switched away just two days ago and was going to update things.
    Their "operations are borderline illegal"?

What'cha talking about Willis? Do tell.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    Their "operations are borderline illegal"?

What'cha talking about Willis? Do tell.
    It's a long story about many phone calls with 'Shane Thomas' and tons of digging around at the SOS in both TX and MD. Very weird things were said to me and I blew the lid I moved away.

It's quite a long story with many details, I'd love to share but don't know if I'd be too furious to write it all up or too too embarrassed that I put myself in that situation.

Plus, they did provide the service. The servers and product was okay. Most of the stuff that is shady is regarding what was being communicated to me by the owner there vs what I was finding out elsewhere.

Let me just say this as it is the easiest thing to demonstrate and requires little explanation.

SOS in TX and MD had no record of this 'LLC.' Meanwhile, my being in IA...my invoices had a 'Sales Tax' line on them. I know they aren't located in IA, even if they were these products and services are not subject to sales tax. I know TX they charge sales tax, but only if the customer is also in TX.

When confronted about this, I was told I was wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

It's quite a long story with many details, I'd love to share but don't know if I'd be too furious to write it all up or too too embarrassed that I put myself in that situation.
    Fair enough.

SOS in TX and MD had no record of this 'LLC.' Meanwhile, my being in IA...my invoices had a 'Sales Tax' line on them. I know they aren't located in IA, even if they were these products and services are not subject to sales tax. I know TX they charge sales tax, but only if the customer is also in TX.

When confronted about this, I was told I was wrong.
    Interesting.

I also agree with you, although I can't speak to every state out there. I know that in Michigan if you host a Michigan client, you must charge THEM sales taxes. But we do not charge non-Michigan people sales tax. I guess I would have assumed it to be similar in other states as you had.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Barefootsies View Post
    I also agree with you, although I can't speak to every state out there. I know that in Michigan if you host a Michigan client, you must charge THEM sales taxes. But we do not charge non-Michigan people sales tax. I guess I would have assumed it to be similar in other states as you had.
    Oh yeah, fully aware that certain states do and many don't. After the proper research though (a quick call to IRS offices in both these states), I did know for a fact that I should not see a sales tax line.

I say both of these states because...well, all the phone calls were from MD...ah! Long story.

Someone please close this thread. Possibly put a disclaimer at the original post to this page.
      0 Not allowed!

Well the original review was good. The design rip lets it down though.
      0 Not allowed!

It's quite a long story with many details,
    You can share with us at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/

Thread closed by request.
      0 Not allowed!