Best Host for Windows Dedi (that allows virtualization)

Hello,

In your opinion what is a good Windows Dedicated host that provides the required licensing for me to run unlimited virtual machines. My main concern is bandwidth and I would prefer a host with lenient policies.

Regards,
    AnonyVPS

You order server with Windows Data center license then you can create unlimited Windows VPS on that box without worrying about license for each vritual machine.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

I think you determine how many virtual machines to run? As a dedicated server you fully control it so there's no much restriction as long as the service is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyVPS View Post
    Hello,

In your opinion what is a good Windows Dedicated host that provides the required licensing for me to run unlimited virtual machines. My main concern is bandwidth and I would prefer a host with lenient policies.

Regards,
    AnonyVPS
    Hi

You'll need a Good performing server with Hyper-Visor enabled CPU. You'll probably want to go for Windows 2008 R2 Data Centre Edition (With SP1) which allows dynamic Ram. Good Speed Hard disks (ie 15K)
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Hi,

My company uses Ultimate Dedicated Server with Windows Server from here:
    http://intellibi.com/?page=hosted_se...icated_servers

This is the spec on the dedi box:

Processor (CPU) : 2 x Intel Quad Xeon 2.0 GHz E5504
    Memory (RAM) : 24 GB DDR3
    Hard Drive : 2 x 300 GB SAS RAID1 + 1 TB SATA
    RAID Mirroring : RAID 1
    Network Speed : 100 Mbit
    Bandwidth : UNMETERED
    Features : KVM, 100% Power & Uptime SLA Guarantee, UK Data Centre, no contract or setup fee

We use them to host several VMs (using hyper-v):

- Exchange
    - FTP Server
    - Web Server
    - Database Server
    - Citrix
    etc ...

intelli bi has other dedicated servers also, low-end if this is too high spec for you, give them a visit and ask them for a quote.

they might be able to get you a good deal on hyper-v also.

I've had some windows VPS experience here in Norway and I figured it is really important to have a lot of work memory (RAM) with windows. So you need quite a big server for running windows as OS.

Since I stepped into Linux, stuff has gone much smoother and required less memory. Still I do have my sites running on a pretty big server, just so that I have the capacity to run the services and still also get a decent amount of traffic in.

Next to Ram, it's important to have enough CPU on it, so probably a hypervisor cpu is clearly a good idea. Windows 2008 works fine, there are a lot of hosts out there that have unlimited machine license for windows, so that the license for windows is already included. This has also the name Windows Datacenter I believe.

As for which one in the world, it doesn't really matter I think, but there is still something called ping / latency. I'd say look around and ask for a IP for testing, so you can do a tracert or ping on it and see what the responses are.
    My servers are standing in The Netherlands and are offered for pretty low prices compared to the Norwegian market. Perhaps not for those in the USA.

I had Hyper-V myself with 4gb ram, 3ghz dual core, windows 2008 hyper-v version and in that time lots of sata disks.. but nowadays would that be better with ssd.

I believe I am not allowed to make commercials for myself (yet) so I stay away from that.

Steven
    HostSlim International Internet Solutions
    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyVPS View Post
    Hello,

Regards,
    AnonyVPS
    I'll recommend getting through a host who has good amount of experience working with Windows systems. I'd also be interested in knowing what you meant with "lenient policies"?
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's