Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the info bro.

Hi NLK apparently your profile is not allowing me to send you messages yet Email?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Inc View Post
    Hi NLK apparently your profile is not allowing me to send you messages yet Email?
    Thats weird. Unfortunately I do not give out my email, publicly, to the forums. I have accepted your friends request though, if thats what the hold up was.

It appears I cannot PM you either. Strange.

To the WHT Community,

We would like to clarify a few things regarding 2hourservers.net. Shortly after 5 PM PDT on April 3 all network services to 2hourservers.net were suspended.

We have since had a number of inquiries from 2hourservers.net customers as to the status of services as well as to the availability of any data they may have had stored on 2hourservers.net servers. One such inquiry pointed us to this thread so we felt it appropriate to make a posting here.

We would like to first and foremost note that all servers which 2hourservers.net was using are currently in-tact and have not been altered since services were suspended. This means that if your data was on the servers at the time services were suspended then it should still be there.

While we cannot discuss the specifics of the 2hourservers.net account, we have decided to resume partial services to each of the servers so that direct 2hourservers.net customers can at least gain access to retrieve their data. Port 80 services are blocked but all other services are open.

We don't currently have any of the administrators passwords and we have no way of verifying the identity of 2hourservers.net customers. This means that we will be unable to assist with technical issues on individual accounts (such as lost passwords, services unavailable, etc.). We will also be unable to transfer servers to new accounts since we have no way of verifying that a single server belongs to a single customer.

It is worth noting to 2hourservers.net customers that the new owner of 2hourservers.net indicated (about 24 hours ago now) that he's "moved everyones data already". This suggests that 2hourservers.net already has your data moved somewhere, but we have no way of confirming this nor was there any indication as to where the data has been moved.

Partial network connectivity will remain in place until 7 PM PDT on Wednesday, April 6. After that time we cannot guarantee connectivity will remain in place. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact support [at] take2hosting.com (please do not use WHT Private Message -- we cannot address this issue via PM).

Thanks a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot for the confirmation msherman. I am on a dial up with 5KBPS connection so downloading the entire backup is almost impossible for me given the time frame and the backup method.

I will email you shortly as I just need a wee bit help and assurance from you guys. Thanks again. You have no idea how much I appreciate this.

msherman, first of all, thank you for coming here and shedding some light on this situation. Clearly, you did not have to do so. I, for one, am grateful you did, though. Furthermore, thank you for allowing customers the option of getting their data back. Obviously, there is effort and expense on your company's part in doing do. That is very classy of you.

With that being said, it should not have fallen on you to do what the owner of 2hourservers should have done - communicate with his customers.

2hourservers had started to develop a good reputation around here. Sadly, in about a week's time, the new ownership has seemingly undone that.

I'm already arranging other hosting. The beauty in all this is that I have choices. Perhaps 2hourservers' new owner should remember that when dealing with customers.

Couldnt agree more jaypeesmith!

The problem is that I have not received any email on the migration. Only received the email about CEO change, I am also glad that there is an update from Take 2 Hosting.

I will wait patiently for the transfer to complete. Good, that SolusVM is up but won't be long.

I see that my IP is also responding with Ping.
    2Hour XEN (173.252.249.115)
    UP at Apr 05 2011 09:01 AM (GMT +8:00)
    Was down for: 1day 00hr 00min

Any updates guys?

No, nothing here. Over 48 hours later and not so much as an email.

This really really sucks. Charlie should have at least told us that the downtime due to this migration will take such a long time. Or at least should have helped us through this. He shows us no sign whatsoever and is not receiving PMs either. Jason already seems like the most irresponsible person ever who didnt even send us a migration related/notification mail. This is just sad and a complete disaster for me.

Chaos Inc, it looks like 2hourservers was hosted on take2hosting.com. msherman from take2hosting.com says they opened up other ports so that you can at least get you data if you can get to your server via ssh. I verified that I was able to get to my old VM this way. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Inc View Post
    This really really sucks. Charlie should have at least told us that the downtime due to this migration will take such a long time. Or at least should have helped us through this. He shows us no sign whatsoever and is not receiving PMs either. Jason already seems like the most irresponsible person ever who didnt even send us a migration related/notification mail. This is just sad and a complete disaster for me.
    It sounds to me that Charlie stepped out of the picture and Jason was/is running the day-to-day operations.

Therein is my question.... where is the day to day operation that is being run by Jason?

An update for anyone counting. We are now at 72+ hours with no word from 2hourservers. As of last night, I became a client of ClubUptime. When/if 2hourservers ever resurfaces, I'll be sure to send them my warmest regards

i have been send u PM Chaos Inc

This is just truly sad. I have never suffered like this ever before.... and all because I trusted the person I am supposed to trust - my webhost.

Already moved on myself, and requested a refund through 2CO. Lesson learned I guess.

I had a 2GB Xen VPS with 2hourservers and I haven't had any contact from them either. This really sucks.

I've been looking for a new host, but I was getting a 50% off lifetime deal on my 2GB Xen VPS, and I haven't been able to find any other provider that can match that. Any thoughts?

very disappointing. every month I am wearing cost $ 35 for expenses VPS in 2hourserver, but until now has not been completed VPS. I have 3 months to buy these VPS. so, any news info when my VPS up ?

sebaitmakna, I'm sorry but, at this point, I have doubts that they'll be returning.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    sebaitmakna, I'm sorry but, at this point, I have doubts that they'll be returning.
    Yes, i agree with you. i think "2hourservers" scammer now
    Last edited by sebaitmakna; 04-08-2011 at 11:02 PM.

I guess it really is a "Two Hour Server"! Sorry for those of you that were affected. Hope they refund you.

Ask refund to 2checkout.com

There is even no update and almost been a week.

Jason Lewis currently lives in:
    Elk grove, IL 60007 US
    You can't really say 2hourserver is a scammer because it still has to pay its dedicated servers and it costs about $250 USD.

We will need to wait and see the outcome!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast