Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any VOIP provider with unlimited calling and channels?

I am looking for a VOIP provider with unlimited calling within United States, and Unlimited channels if anything at least 10 channels. I am going to be using my own Asterisk server to handle the calls, so I think I need SIP provider or something not 100% sure. Thanks

You do realize that unlimited any kind of resources would require unlimited money, which does not exist?

Hi
    I think skype has unlimited calling plan, but you have to pay for each channels
    SunShell™ Hosting
    Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller,VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting since 2006

How about unlimited calling with maybe 10 channels, and unlimited calling in telephone industry sort of exist. Also forgot to mention I want to port my number in, and skype doesn't allow that

Simple answer no.

Generally speaking. Depending on provider. A provider profit on a package is about 50% of their cost. Think about it. If you got an unlimited package with unlimited channels then you could setup your own wholesale service. Its not going to happen.
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

Unlimited does NOT exist in the VoIP world. Even when it says unlimited there is a cap. People thing that since it's VoIP it's free/cheap. Any phone company out there (VoIP or not) needs to pay to send out a call to the PSTN.

In general in life You Get What You Pay For.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovid View Post
    Any phone company out there (VoIP or not) needs to pay to send out a call to the PSTN.
    Not always. If your a true provider, you usually get paid to send calls to toll free numbers, or get paid when you receive inbound geo calls
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

You may be able to work something out with a voip company for that kind of thing.. What kind of price point were you hoping for?

There are quite a few reliable voip companies that will give you unlimited channels (or a high number) although these companies charge a fee of about 1 cent per minute within the US. Just about any company that I have seen that charges per channel usually has some maximum number of minutes included and then charge for any overages. It really depends on how many minutes/channels you will end up needing to determine what will be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by LayerHosting View Post
    I am looking for a VOIP provider with unlimited calling within United States, and Unlimited channels if anything at least 10 channels. I am going to be using my own Asterisk server to handle the calls, so I think I need SIP provider or something not 100% sure. Thanks
    I think there are two pricing models, by channel and by minuet. You can't get unlimited both.

I don't mind paying 1 cent per minute if I find a good company or maybe like 3000 minutes a month plus 1 cent for extra. You guys have any recommendations?

I have used Voicemeup for quite a while and have had no real issues with them although I haven't used them for any real volume. They offer a pay as you go plan, with calls about 1.5 cents a minute. Numbers if I remember are about $5 a month. There website is a little crowded but there management panel is much better designed. We used them as a basic sip trunk with asterisk.

LayerHosting,

We use Flow Route. We have been with them for some time now, and are EXTREMELY pleased with their services. Maintenance notices are always sent out WELL in advance of any planned maintenance, cost is very low, and we have "unlimited" (and we use it loosely as we have not tested the limits) channels, obviously we are billed for each call on each of the channels even if they are sitting in the queue.

We use asterisk as well and it was a BREEZE to get set up with their services. The only downside if you will, is that they require you put money on deposit with them. they do do number ports, as well as cheap DID's (about 1.39$ a month each) and they have toll free numbers available as well.

check them out, www.flowroute.com
    Agent Black Hosting LLC

Proudly hosting clients since 2007

correct me if im wrong, but isnt google talk offering free landline and mobile calls within the us and Canada?

For the record, Skype's "unlimited" calling, like most everything else "unlimited" has some catches.

The fair usage policy (http://www.skype.com/intl/en/legal/terms/fair_usage/) states that:

1. You are limited to 10,000 minutes/user/month.
    2. You are limited to 6 hours per day.
    3. You can dial up to 50 numbers a day.

Looking for a VOIP Host.

I would like to find a company that will host a VOIP telephone system that will allow me to create my own company. The company will host the VOIP service and I will do the Marketing. I am reselling for a VOIP company but I am restricted to the US only. I also have a plan for Mexico. Please help!!!

I have used a company called Vitelity (www.vitelity.net) for several years with my Asterisk system. They charge per minute, but also have a fixed fee for unlimited incoming calls available. Their per minute rate is different between incoming and outgoing calls, but the higher rate is still only 1.4 cents per minute. Like some of the previous companies mentioned they require you to put money on deposit with them, but they are reasonable with a $20 minimum funding after the initial startup.

Very happy with them overall.

Regards,
    Ron
    Last edited by T-bolt; 06-08-2011 at 03:47 AM. Reason: added website address

Google Voice and Magic Jack

Quote Originally Posted by T-bolt View Post
    I have used a company called Vitelity (www.vitelity.net) for several years with my Asterisk system. They charge per minute, but also have a fixed fee for unlimited incoming calls available. Their per minute rate is different between incoming and outgoing calls, but the higher rate is still only 1.4 cents per minute. Like some of the previous companies mentioned they require you to put money on deposit with them, but they are reasonable with a $20 minimum funding after the initial startup.

Very happy with them overall.
    Agreed with the good words for Vitelity. I've had my Asterisk box on their service for about six years now, and haven't had a single thing to complain about. I ported my original Vonage number to them, and while Vonage tried everything they could to be difficult, Vitelity handled their end of things quickly and professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_P View Post
    Agreed with the good words for Vitelity. I've had my Asterisk box on their service for about six years now, and haven't had a single thing to complain about. I ported my original Vonage number to them, and while Vonage tried everything they could to be difficult, Vitelity handled their end of things quickly and professionally.
    Vitelity has been awesome to us so far. The only outage we've ever seen was when XO Communications went offline for about half a day as they use XO Communications as one of their primary DID/Trunk providers.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

Sipgate offer a 1000 minute plan for $5 per month not sure about the channel thing,

DIDs are cheap. Channels/trunks are not. Here in Canada, most SIP trunk providers charge $20/month/trunk, which is what you need for actual calls. So 5 SIP trunks (for 5 concurrent calls) will cost you $100/month.

That said, 8x8 is the American SIP/VoIP provider I here about the most (in a positive way).

8x8 is VERY expensive when compared to a few others out there. If you have experience setting up your own services i.e: asterisk, then find a different company than 8x8. We made the mistake of filling out their information form and were hounded for three months to sign up for their services. After a strongly worded message back to the manager for the sales team did the hounding stop.

We have been with Flowroute for over a year now and couldn't be happier. They are a "bare bones" type provider. You have to have your own asterisk/pbx system to terminate the trunk to, but other than that its awesome.
    Agent Black Hosting LLC

Proudly hosting clients since 2007

we sell flat rate T1's all the time, but sorry only Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast