Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Web Hosting Help

Alright hey im new here and I need help please. I've had a blog for about a year with webhostingpad.com being my host. The only reason I chose them is cause they were cheap and I needed something cheap and the review for the site seemed well. Now last week they decided to just suspend my site just as the traffic began to get higher. They did send me this message saying "We cannot host you as your site is causing heavy load more than expected on a
    shared servers." Now what I do? The problem is I don't have that much money so I can't be getting any expensive hosting atm. I don't have that much knowledge in webhosting that's why I'm asking for your opinions here. Thanks.

Is all you want a blog? You really don't need your own hosting for a basic blog. How much stuff is on it?

According to my old host a lot. I was using Wordpress and it's a music blog. Here's another message they sent me.

"Your site is getting suspended for the third time now for creating very high
    load on our servers. Its not suited for a shared hosting environment and so we
    will not be able to host you anymore."

Which plugins have you installed on your blog?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

A ton I don't even remember have of them, but I have no access to them and they won't give me access to them :/

Your website must be dragging a ton load of traffic. I have hosted many high end traffic websites with HG and have never had a complaint about traffic excess.I think you need to ask them to provide you some statistics. That should help you understand this issue better

Quote Originally Posted by carenstanley View Post
    Your website must be dragging a ton load of traffic. I have hosted many high end traffic websites with HG and have never had a complaint about traffic excess.I think you need to ask them to provide you some statistics. That should help you understand this issue better
    Yes and you would think they would try to sell you on an upgrade. It would make good business sense.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

So your getting people to visit and they suspend you... That makes so much sense
    Jason

Do you provide music or video download? Is that the reason you nearly crashed your original hosting?

Maybe you should consider split your traffic into two servers.

Why don't you look for a new host?
    Jason

You cannt use shared hosting for media hosting, if your blog have downloading option for user then you need vps
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

Many WordPress plugins take a lot of resources. Some of them can be optimized others not. You have a simple choice between optimizing all the plugins that could be optimized and increasing the month budget in order to upgrade to a VPS.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    Many WordPress plugins take a lot of resources. Some of them can be optimized others not. You have a simple choice between optimizing all the plugins that could be optimized and increasing the month budget in order to upgrade to a VPS.
    I agree. In any case you need to understand if you need those plugins or not. Sometimes lots of plugins are being added but never used.

Well my friend, sell space on your website. Let adverts pay fir your website

Hell, It's even possible to live off the revenue generated off of adverts in come cases!

That Happened to me too!

What's VPS? lol and ok so you think I should just go with another host but limit myself with the plugins?

Quote Originally Posted by ryannx93 View Post
    What's VPS? lol and ok so you think I should just go with another host but limit myself with the plugins?
    If your current host won't work with you, you'll have to move to another host. But you should tweak Wordpress as much as possible since you are creating high server loads.

Maybe we can list the plugins that we've heard are problematic. Two I know of are the sitemap plugins and All-in-One-SEO. See this article for more on those two.

I noticed quite an improvement when I moved my busiest Wordpress sites to using the "W3 Total Cache" plugin.

Again I would really think your host would at least offer to upgrade you before suspending you, so you may consider changing hosts. Of course remember that you often get what you pay for and if you want higher bandwidth and no down time you can expect to pay for it.

And perhaps a company that will give you a heads up before just cutting services.

Good luck
    IwebNews.net

Alright thanks any hosting suggestions?

Try to install wp total cache for wordpress will increase your speed and down the load its a great plugin

Quote Originally Posted by ryannx93 View Post
    Alright thanks any hosting suggestions?

There are a lot of great service providers here and I've only been here a short time so the old timers here know more about these companies than I do. The one here I've had experience with is Hostgator. They're a great company and their tech support rocks.
    I'm no longer with them but it had nothing to do with their services. I still recommend them.

good luck
    IwebNews.net

I've always like WP Super Cache for caching on WordPress sites. WordPress is great, but you really need to enable caching once you start getting much traffic, and take it easy on the plugins. They make them so easy to install it can get out of hand, but many of them run way too many database queries.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Alright thanks everyone. I talked to the host seeing if they'll unsuspend me and i'll remove the plugins causing the problem. If not i'll try going to a new host.

Ok so they unsuspended my blog giving me one more chance. I removed almost every plugin and I hope that fixes the problem...

That would be the answer
    IwebNews.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast