ESXi and osx/linux

Hey everyone:

Just curious if anyone is a mac user here and manages any ESX servers. I currently only have mac's but I manage a few ESX servers but I have to do this all through VMware as I havnt been able to find a client for OSX/Linux

anyone find a cool solution to this?

Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah, I'm a Mac user as well. There is no great solution for it, since VMware only offers a Windows client.

I used VirtualBox to install a Windows 7 machine for the few Windows apps that I need. Such as VMware, Quicken (hate the Mac version of Quicken), and Outlook (manage a Zimbra cluster and need to test things out from time to time to support my users). So I just gave in at the knees and installed a virtual Windows 7 machine to take care of those holes for me.

Other than that, there really isn't much of a solution for VMware, unless you want to get extremely familiar with managing things from the command line.
    01 Networks / Hosting and Consulting Services
    Pay as you Go hosting -- the cheapest prices in town.
    Zimbra (Network Edition and Open Source) Hosting
    100% full uptime guarantee / 24x7x365 support

ah that is what i thought -- i installed vm fusion and thats what im using right now. IT would be cool to learn the commandline stuff though um...might be an option

thanks for your input

Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Another Mac user here...

I tend to keep a VM on my MacBook with the VMWare client software installed for datacentre visits, but for all other work we simply make sure there is what we refer to as a "supervisor VM" running on each ESX(i) box that gets deployed.

This is usually just a minimum-spec Windows machine with RDP access and a few tools such as the VMWare client and Veeam FastSCP. That way if we ever need access from a machine that doesn't (or can't) have these tools installed locally we are never stuck.

Hope this helps.

Virgo Networks - High Quality UK Web Hosting & Network Services, from Newcastle and the North of England.
    Standard & Reseller packages available.
    UK based support from experienced technical staff.
    Competitive pricing & caring service.