I am new to hosting and arranging multi TLD wordpress blogs in File Manager (organizing my web space) in ipower (my webhost). I think I have done it incorrectly from the start and that is why now it has become for me to understand exactly how to organize multiple TLD extn. blogs. I got support from ipower but either they did not understand my query or I couldn’t understand their answer because lack of knowledge of hosting, arranging and maintaining multiple Wordpress Blogs and lack of other technical details about File Manager+root directory+control panels.
LET ME START FROM THE BEGINNING TO BETTER UNDERSTAND
I have two TLD domains
abcd.com Parked site
12345.com live wordpress blog
PS: Actual website hidden because I think we can not state website URL here
When I first started with ipower.com that was with an affiliate program with Affiliate Junktion. program and they installed my affiliate site with ipower (providing web space and domain abcd.com as stated above, from ipower against charges collected from me and that time I even don’t know much about File Manager/Control Panels and organizing Folders/Directories/Files for multiple wordpress blogs or sites for my future requirement. Domain booked was abcd.com which is at present parked with ipower (because affiliate site Affiliate Junktion is closed) and this domain is associated with the root directory as my 1st domain hosted with ipower.
My 2nd website which is wordpress blog (12345.com as mentioned above) and which is live and installed by me but even for this also, I havn’t prebuilt my separate folder for this blog and I installed it as it is with giving any 2nd thought
Now below is my File/Folder structure in FILE MANAGER in ipower for both 12345.com (parked site) and abcd.com (live wordpress blog).
Displaying under ROOT folder
abcd.com - redirect (actual this is shown. Parked site)
12345.com - redirect (actual this is shown. Live wp blog)
1. In Folder abcd.com following showing
index.html (here preview showing)
2. In folder 12345.com (live wordpress blog) following showing – DNS domain extn.
index.html (here preview now showing)
PS:- This domain is booked with namecheap and DNS Changed for ipower webhost
In Domain Central – Pointers are set as following
12345.com Home Directory (wordpress blog – live) DNS extn. domain
abcd.com Parked site (parked site – live)
In Domain Central there are only 4 Pointers
- Home Directory /public.html/
- sub Directory
Now want to Know
I have stated the all the detail and given what showing in File Manager for my two domains i.e. 2 websites (1 static parked page and other wpb log live)
01. Why abcd.com and 12345.com are showing REDIRECTED
02. Please refer above Point 2 – why Preview not showing where my parked site preview is showing
03. If you see above please point your expert eyes on the structure and see whether folders/Directories/Files in order for my wordpress blog (12345.com) or should I arrange that in separate folder for this blog so that I can host other TLD blogs in a systematic order of all blogs. If I have to arrange in separate Folder then how to do it and where to make the folder, how to move, what to move and where to move. Then where to point the domain from the 4 options as given above.
04. I am also thinking to install wordpress for my 2nd domain (abcd.com) also which is at present parked and is my 1st domain with ipower, associated with root directory. Please let me know where in which place should I make the folder for this wpb log and where to point the domain (abcd.com)
I know it is a big task for everyone to reply but please help as I am jobless because of overage and trying for my livelihood with online wordpress niche websites.
Hope, whatever I stated is complete and in order for you to better understand.
Thanks and looking forward for best step by step instructions.
Usually, a "parked" domain is one that is pointing to the same web space as another domain, so going to "abcd.com" in your browser would show you the same content as 12345.com.
I think the function you are looking for is called an "add on domain" (although I'm not sure iPowerWeb calls them this; they seem to have it available as they list unlimited domain hosting in their plans). An "add on domain" uses the same web space on your account, but is an entirely different website when you surf to it.
Your directory structure does not look right for an "add on domain".
In your browser, when you go to "http://abcd.com" what do you see? What do you see in your browser when you go to "http://12345.com"?