Please Recommend PHP Security Expert

Who's the best qualified person on WHT to hire to check a few simple scripts for security (contact forms, autoresponders, client's scripts)? I doubt it'd take an expert more than a few minutes.

I have no way of judging the aptitude of an individual due to my complete lack of current understanding of php (and don't want to spend the time right now to change that), so I can't just post a "help wanted" post.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

When you say security..

What are you worried about?

SQL injections into your forms? ( If so,, Simply checking that variables are being escaped is a good start "mysql_real_escape_string" )
    ( Not sure what you would want checking on a auto responder? )
    Live Chat Support Software for your Business website - IMsupporting.com

This is a good place to start on PHP security and get some basic info on PHP security and what you can do:

http://articles.sitepoint.com/articl...urity-blunders

Thanks for your input.

I don't have time right now to become familiar with php security. Therefore, I need recommendations.

Thanks!

In terms of reputation on WHT and security experience, would recommend Rack911.com
    Linux junkie | steward.io

In terms of finding the right person: Ideally you want a security consultant with experience in source code analysis, rather than a server admin or developer.

You should be provided with an honest assessment of the code, with detail where necessary, coupled with either fixes, or recommendations. Try to avoid consultants who rely solely on automated techniques to pick up on vulnerable code, they do miss things.

Good on you for getting on top of it! It's refreshing to see someone being proactive rather than reactive!

If you want a decent audit it will take more than a few minutes to examine and test your forms thoroughly. If you want the cheap solution you can post some code samples on WHT for free review and follow my guidelines that I use in all my project:

1. Use prepared statemtents to minimize the chance of SQL injections.
    2. Never echo back what a user has put in your form. Always use a function like htmlentities or something (especially in your contact form).
    3. Things like email addresses can be checked for validity before storing them or using them in the autoresponder.
    4. Design with the assumption that every visitor wants to "hack" your website
    file1.info :: 50GB secure cloudstorage with filemanager

Thank you all for your input. Steve at rack 911 recommended thatscriptguy. Kevin's been very helpful and resolved my issues, and I highly recommend him for a communicative and intelligent partner.