VolumeDrive...Hellooo...???

Actually, I'm just being silly but, I do have a serious question. I wanted to test out their VPS service so, I ordered one from them about 12pm (Eastern US) on 3/31/11. After over 48 hours and 3 emails later, I have not heard back. Offhand, is anyone familiar with their typical setup time for a VPS account?

I know they had a massive sale a few weeks ago that is probably keeping them really busy, might want to try e-mailing again on Monday if they don't respond.

Thanks. I was aware of the recent big sale (sorry to have missed it ). I guess I should have phrased my question less poorly. I should have asked if anyone is familiar with their current tunaround time.

However, thanks Todd. I probably just need to be more patient.

They are usually pretty quick with vps setups. I would email info [at] volumedrive [dot] com and see if you can get a update. It could be that it is also saturday and they have very limited staff working, can not really tell you. Try emailing them.

All verified VPS orders are usually processed within a few hours. Are you still waiting on a pending verified order? If so, please feel free to write us and we'll provide an update in case there was any delay or issue.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    All verified VPS orders are usually processed within a few hours. Are you still waiting on a pending verified order? If so, please feel free to write us and we'll provide an update in case there was any delay or issue.
    I've actually emailed 3 times (2 to info,1 to support).

I assumed all was okay because the email I got on Thursday at 12:24pm Eastern began with "Thank you for your order from VolumeDrive. We are processing the order and your payment has been verified."

Is there some other email address at which I was to contact you?

What is the first part if your email address? We'll look into this right away.

I've been 15 days a 4 GB ram VPS. User_beancounters are very low, or they have a massive server problems.
    My board I have moved from 512 ram vps to 4gb volumedrive vps. But volume drive is as slow as old 512 ram.
    I had asked them to increase user_beancounters, something they have increased but not enough.
    I have many failcnt.
    In emails I get sometimes after 3-4 days response. Sometimes not at all. I had written Monday, Thursday received reply. Thursday restored, still await response.
    Hope to at least get answers here.

Greets

What is the first part if your email address? We'll look into this right away.
    It's jaypeesmith. I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Quote Originally Posted by jaypeesmith View Post
    It's jaypeesmith. I tried to PM you but your box is full.
    We've left PM's full since it's not the correct way to contact us. A response has been sent in regards to your order and we will advise shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by AKINCI View Post
    I've been 15 days a 4 GB ram VPS. User_beancounters are very low, or they have a massive server problems.

I had asked them to increase user_beancounters, something they have increased but not enough.
    I have many failcnt.
    In emails I get sometimes after 3-4 days response. Sometimes not at all. I had written Monday, Thursday received reply. Thursday restored, still await response.
    Hope to at least get answers here.

Greets

Please work with support on your existing ticket. WHT is not the proper method to work out any issues you may have with your service. As mentioned in your above reply, your beancounters may need to be increased again. For instance, if one section such as kmemsize is being maxed by your applications and then all of a sudden a different counter is being maxed, it probably needs to be increased. We can assure you that there are no current issues with any of our VPS nodes at the moment.

Sorry!
    I had my side yesterday moved forward to other hoster, but I'm back to volumedrive.
    Please check my available ticket.

Thanks

I wonder if they've ever heard of hot isle cold isle ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/8984392...3303/lightbox/

YEAH BLAST THAT HEAT INTO THOSE OTHER PCS! I mean SERVERS!
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

Actually, I'm just being silly but, I do have a serious question. I wanted to test out their VPS service so, I ordered one from them about 12pm (Eastern US) on 3/31/11. After over 48 hours and 3 emails later, I have not heard back. Offhand, is anyone familiar with their typical setup time for a VPS account?
    After some investigation. We've found that the email account you listed in your original order was misspelled and or incorrect. We've received your correct address and have resent your welcome email. Please let us know if you need additional help.

Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    I wonder if they've ever heard of hot isle cold isle ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/8984392...3303/lightbox/

YEAH BLAST THAT HEAT INTO THOSE OTHER PCS! I mean SERVERS!
    Visbits,

We can gladly schedule you a DC tour if you'd like to give us your expertize in DC optimization and HVAC. I think you'll be happy to see the hold / cold isle configuration currently in use before you go making assumptions based on one photo.

After some investigation. We've found that the email account you listed in your original order was misspelled and or incorrect. We've received your correct address and have resent your welcome email. Please let us know if you need additional help.
    Thank you for completing this but your explanation does not appear accurate to me. I used the same address for my PayPal and secondary email. If the address had been misspelled, I should not have received your email on March 31st indicating that you had received my payment and that my order was being processed.

Nonetheless, thank you for getting this done.

Thank you for completing this but your explanation does not appear accurate to me. I used the same address for my PayPal and secondary email. If the address had been misspelled, I should not have received your email on March 31st indicating that you had received my payment and that my order was being processed.

Nonetheless, thank you for getting this done.
    We've replied noting the address that we sent the original welcome email to on the 31st. If that indeed was the correct address, we advise checking your spam filter, etc..

Thumbs up i love volume drive dot com

Just wanted to say i was reffered to volume drive and i have been nothing but absolutely enthusiastic about my decision.

pleaseplease reboot my box

check info@

deepesh

Quote Originally Posted by osearth View Post
    Just wanted to say i was reffered to volume drive and i have been nothing but absolutely enthusiastic about my decision.

pleaseplease reboot my box

check info@

deepesh
    Glad to see you are pleased with your service. However, WHT is not a our support desk. If you need a reboot, please open a new request with support.

Rather than make a new thread in a location already a bit inappropriate for asking this, I'll only be semi-inappropriate by asking this here. Best thing I can think of is that I messed up my VPS something awful, to the point where a full OS restore still leaves me unable to access it (two computers, two network locations, all timeout). I sent an e-mail to support on the 1st, again yesterday, I've not even gotten a response to indicate that it was even received. You guys need a web ticket system or something

I'm positive that it's all my doing but I'd love some assistance because whatever I did I can't undo.
    Last edited by mxroute; 04-05-2011 at 02:40 AM.

jarland,

Please contact support with a new request and clearly state your account and issue in the subject and we'll look into your issue right away. As stated many many times in the recent weeks on this forum, we are in the process of developing several in-house systems that are being released soon. In the meantime, we continue to support many users on a daily basis quickly and efficiently without issue. Nonetheless, we are also still dealing with a large influx of inquiries, support and general questions stemming from our recent sale.

Regarding your VPS issue. You could be using a certain OS template, etc.. during your restore that needs to be looked at. So as mentioned above, please open a new issue and we'll look into this for you right away.

Since I started this thread, I thought it appropriate to follow up here. Over the l2+ hours, Volumedrive has done an excellent job of answering my support requests (one for Cpanel and another for addressing a memory size issue). Even at 1am Eastern, I got a fast resolution to the latter issue (thanks Josh).

I believe in giving praise where it's due so, kudos to Volumedrive.

As stated many many times in the recent weeks on this forum
    You'll have to forgive me but I actually didn't find you guys through this forum, and I consider it a bit odd to expect to follow your movements throughout a third party forum to keep up with your developments. I'm not upset, but that "news" section on your site should contain information that you expect me to know. Anyway, sent an e-mail this morning. It looks as though the IPs are no longer being assigned to my VPS, and although I easily suspect myself of messing things up, I'm not sure how I could mess that up in a way that couldn't be fixed upon an OS reinstallation unless the problem exists a level above my access, so I'm pretty much waiting on you because I can't accurately troubleshoot it with the severe limitations of the console in vePortal.
    Last edited by mxroute; 04-05-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Hi VolumeDrive,

Just want to say thank you for the quick response. I got my VPS today, and looking at the first tests I run, I can say that the server specs are really incredible.

Keep up the good work!! Will definitely refer you to some of my friends.

Regards,
    Stephano

We've left PM's full since it's not the correct way to contact us. A response has been sent in regards to your order and we will advise shortly.
    I do not understand your point about repeating this "we left it full on purpose" after every response since a month on this forum... looking down other users as if you are superior.

If you don't want PM, learn something and disable the freaking thing so others would know right away instead of guessing.

And this, is your lesson for today, omniscient jack.

M.Ann

Maybe my confusion stems from what I'm used to or what I would do, which is at least acknowledge via e-mail that my issue was received and will be looked at as soon as time allows. I totally get being overwhelmed with requests, and I know that volumedrive prices certainly imply that they don't have a large number of people running tech support, which is ok. I'd just like something along the lines of "Hey I got your e-mail, it sounds like it might be related to _____ but I'm not sure, let me knock out all the requests above you and then I'll get back to you." When you've got more than you can handle quickly, a little acknowledgement goes a long way to keeping customers happy. I mean I'm not even upset that I haven't been able to use my VPS for 4 days, but I won't say I'm far from it because of the lack of communication. Just knowing that someone read it and has it on their to-do list can silence me for days.
    Last edited by mxroute; 04-05-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnB View Post
    I do not understand your point about repeating this "we left it full on purpose" after every response since a month on this forum... looking down other users as if you are superior.

If you don't want PM, learn something and disable the freaking thing so others would know right away instead of guessing.

And this, is your lesson for today, omniscient jack.

M.Ann
    Instead of starting a flame war, why not just accept that they are not accepting PM's and they are doing it the way they want to. It doesnt matter if they disable PM or leave the inbox full, Its their choice to do that, not yours.