Looking for these tutorials

Hello all,

I'm still learning command line and I want to learn how to do the following.

I know how to install php etc from apt-get but I want to learn how to fine tune php, mysql, apache to run efficiently.

Are there any tutorials that start from beginning through til the end? I don't even mind paying for subscriptions/books that are going to help me to do this.

Thank you.

I would check out the line of books by O'Reilly Media, and subscribe to their RSS feeds for daily specials. I have bought a few of their e-books when they are on sale.

I have also had success combing the "remainder" shelves at the bookstores for deep discounts on the "last version" books. Getting a $65 list book on PHP for $5, even if it is a version behind, makes me happy. You have to supplement any printed resource with an on-line query to make sure some weird combination of your installation don't cause conflicts (did you know that the PHP cache APC doesn't play well with SuEXEC? I do now.)

BTW - for MySQL tuning, try getting "mysqltuner.pl" (you can wget it from root) and running it. It will give you recommendations for editing your my.cnf file to optimize MySQL.