Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 25.81%
  • No

23 74.19%

Outsourcing Chat & Support(No Bashing)

Do you outsource your chat & support?

If you do, why? Do you not want to support fellow citizens? Why do you expect US citizens to buy your hosting services, yet don't provide them jobs?

I'm not starting a argument, or bashing thread.

Just a simple question/poll. If you outsource, and you sell US citizens services why do you want US citizens to buy your services if you don't provide them jobs?

Because 99% of your client base do not even know what we actually do.

They want a cheap service which outsourcing or other country staffing provides.

I currently have a shared hosting plan in the Uk to make sure my site is always accessible. They do not provide me a job and they never will, yet I sign up with them.

This is more of a client perspective. We want cheap, the hosts gets us a cheap service. What more can you ask for?

Outsourcing doesn't always mean that you're outsourcing to India and such like. There are many companies that offer outsourcing services in the US and UK.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    Because 99% of your client base do not even know what we actually do.

They want a cheap service which outsourcing or other country staffing provides.

I currently have a shared hosting plan in the Uk to make sure my site is always accessible. They do not provide me a job and they never will, yet I sign up with them.

This is more of a client perspective. We want cheap, the hosts gets us a cheap service. What more can you ask for?

If you work for a living... How would you like it if the company you work for outsources your job/position? How would you pay for your hosting bill?

Outsourcing in this situation is someone in the United States buying service in the United States, but the service uses out-of-country resources to provide you the service.

PS... In the news, and statistical world it's said that even India college graduates don't even really want to work in call centers anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by bluemer View Post
    Outsourcing in this situation is someone in the United States buying service in the United States, but the service uses out-of-country resources to provide you the service.
    It's not really fair to give your own definition of Outsourcing There are plenty of outsourcing companies that are actually in the US, providing jobs to US people...if a hosting company uses them, it's still outsourcing ...what's your opinion on that type?

I answered yes but based on your second response I should have answered no.

We use a US based company with US based techs for our support.
    --
    I'm retired.
    Check out http://yellowfiber.net for all your needs!

I respect your question. But I think you are must aware about the COST. When you are outsourcing your services you can get it at cheaper rate but the same thing will be costly when you go to US citizen.
    As a US citizen you are right but if you think as a businessman then you will realize the fact.

I've used offshore and US based support teams - the offshore teams I've worked with have had a very negative impact on customer satisfaction. The US based teams may cost more but in the long run it works out to be a worthwhile investment. Happy Customers = long term customers.
    --
    I'm retired.
    Check out http://yellowfiber.net for all your needs!

If you work for a living... How would you like it if the company you work for outsources your job/position? How would you pay for your hosting bill?
    Everyone is probably going to disagree with me but, I save money for issues like that. Could still pay the hosting bill without having a job for about a year. Even then I'd probably have a new job two months later. Never understood why people have issues getting jobs other than they do not want to get there hands dirty and do crap jobs.

Just moved into a place 300$ per month after helping pay off my family's debt and that's less then 1 paycheck now. Save two paychecks a month and I have been living there for 6 months.

Really though the money they save outside of America or in there country is going to be spent for things like car bills and credit debts etc. I really do not see a loss since a global steady economy is more important than your country being the richest country while the other ones require constant financial support.

Plus if I want job stability I would work somewhere that cannot be outsourced. Electricians and carpenters are never going to be outsourced. You may have to work for less sure, but electricity is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Sorta back on topic: I know of a company that will not be named that saves about 35 thousand per year outsourcing and that adds savings for the clients. Now the clients have money to spend somewhere else.

What really made me create this thread was watching the movie, Outsourced. At the time of this thread I wasn't really thinking about outsourcing in the way of simply just outsourcing it to another business down the road etc.. I was thinking more along the means of providing say United States citizens hosting, and then outsourcing the support for said hosting to another country.

bobcares is offline [email protected]
    Bluemer I don't know any webhost who would sell only to US citizens. I don't know any datacenter with "Made in USA" only servers and network equipment. Linux the most preferred OS by webhosts came out of Finland.

The beauty of the time and age we live in is the internet which has unified the world. Political boundaries are a thing of the past. Outsourcing is bad is something that politicians use to get votes. Also, Outsourcing for the wrong reasons is a stupid business decision.

I have personally spoken to Amex customer service from the US, India and Europe and the response has been great everytime. The same applies to Apple. These guys know how to deliver great customer service. They hire smart people.

Then there are businesses that want it just cheap and outsource. Probably their model says deliver cheap customer service.

An Apple ipod and a cheap music player on ebay are both made in China. Yet we like to think that Chinese products are cheap and bad.

Bottom line - Define your business model in terms of target market segment, quality pricing etc. Look for the best vendors from around the world. You and me are lucky to live in a era when things are just a click away :-)
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares...."

Outsourcing has always been associated with the words "COST" and "SAVINGS" but that is not the case. For example, outsourcing is the best choice when it comes to deliver customer support 24x7. A web host can easily outsource Level 1 and Level 2 support to some other company in U.S., U.K., India or for that matter any country while keeping high end support and server management to their internal staff. Another example, a company can outsource 24x7 monitoring of services and servers and customize their escalation policy where the company to whom the services are outsourced would provide reactive support.

I think all business outsource, I can not think of one that does not outsource. I think what you are referring to is off shoring? If so, I do not believe in offshoring support, this can be a big costly mistake for your business.

I do however outsource support to other companies in my own country "USA". I also have some in house employees who manage support as well to provide better customer service.

The customer is EVERYTHING and so should your customer service.

Do you outsource your chat & support?

If you do, why? Do you not want to support fellow citizens? Why do you expect US citizens to buy your hosting services, yet don't provide them jobs?

I'm not starting a argument, or bashing thread.

Just a simple question/poll. If you outsource, and you sell US citizens services why do you want US citizens to buy your services if you don't provide them jobs?
    We don't outsource, but that decision isn't based on keeping jobs in the US. Providers don't outsource because they're just stingy, they outsource so they can stay competitive. At the end of the day, operational costs are passed on to the customer. Maybe we should ask the US citizens why they're not willing to spend a couple dollars extra a month to sign up for hosting that provides jobs in the US.
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services

Quote Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
    We don't outsource, but that decision isn't based on keeping jobs in the US. Providers don't outsource because they're just stingy, they outsource so they can stay competitive. At the end of the day, operational costs are passed on to the customer. Maybe we should ask the US citizens why they're not willing to spend a couple dollars extra a month to sign up for hosting that provides jobs in the US.
    Sam,

That's my question! If you told someone look you can buy from ABC Company that is run in your country, and only has employees from your country, or you can buy from ABC Company that sells here but employees/services are provided from another country that does not bring money/resources to your country would that change whether someone would spend 2-3 dollars more, or not?

I'm not only talking about US companies using outside resources/services, but any country using outside countries resources/services when it's provided in their own backyard.

Another thought.. Would it be possible to restrict websites/search engines to only allow business listings for their own respected country? It would however allow blogs/personal websites to be enjoyed by any country.

As a consumer, would I pick one company over another purely based on where the support is coming from? Eg: Would I buy a car based on where it's made? No, not necessarily. I would consider the reputation, quality, value, and cost.

There's a number of reasons why a company might consider outsourcing/offshoring their support.

- 24/7 coverage
    - Scalability of Team
    - Reduced overhead
    - Experience/skillset in specialized technologies
    - Training & Quality Control Management
    - Response Time SLAs

And I'm sure many more...

Just my two cents
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold cPanel Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!

I think that you are not focusing on the real problem, if you think that economy problem is outsourcing's fault you are really simplifying things, outsourcing is not allways equals to less quality as it's to less costs. If you train a person to do something, and it cost you less (because he's willing to work for less money) traditionally you are doing business, not being a fool.

Outsourcing support is the best option for small hosting company atleast. cause running 24 X 7 operations in US and European country is not easy for small hosting company.

company like bobcares is best option.

Small business can't afford 3 technicians to be 24/7 live, it's true (I would say not only in EEUU or Europe).

OK let's say this. I want to open my own ousourcing small business, 24/7 support both english and spanish for linux servers.
    Cost 30$/month
    What would you ask me????
    What would you spect??

if you say you will be giving support @ $30 then i would not go with you and give you and not even my server access.

you are selling it at too cheap rate, this will create issue of ineligibility etc...

Thing is, if i have enough clients It would be better for me to fund my own business, and stop working for others, on a limited salary, thing is, people don't believe that,
    and think this is a scam, or that something smells wrong.