Hosting in Denmark?

Hey everyone,

I was hoping some of you might be able to help me find a good shared hosting provider that has servers located in or close to Denmark.

I've looked all over the web but I've had a very difficult time finding a site that looked reliable and offered an English interface.

Anyone familiar of any good Denmark hosting around??

Thanks!
    Matt

From a quick Google search I came up with a few selections. Although I must say the websites of these companies do not look too appealing, but not always does that reflect the service they provide.

http://www.unitspeed.com
    http://www.one2host.eu
    http://www.webhosting-hotel.com

I hope this helps...
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Thanks, Kevin

Yeah that was one of the issues I ran into too.. sites with shady design/interface made me a little leery.

But I'll definitely check these out and report back here what comes of it. Thanks again!

Hey mricketts,

Im from Denmark myself.

The biggest shared hosting providers in Denmark are:

www.unoeuro.com
    www.one.com
    www.gigahost.dk
    www.surftown.dk

Its been a few years since i've try'ed any of them, so cant comment on them. Allthough unoeuro has gotten alot of great reviews lately.

Awesome, sirdanni!

Surftown.dk is interesting.. I was most interested in that company when I did my research a few weeks ago, but their website said they were closed to the public, which was weird. Have you heard anything about that?

I don't see that message anywhere anymore so maybe they're good again.

@ mricketts,

Im quite sure that surftown has more customers now, than ever before, so maybe it was due to a short maintenance ?

Surftown has allways been very open about them self on their blog, and the hosting industry itself.

Surftown is actually the only one on the list, I havent try'ed my self.
    But I have 3 friends who have been with them. 2 of them still is, 1 of them left.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    From a quick Google search I came up with a few selections. Although I must say the websites of these companies do not look too appealing, but not always does that reflect the service they provide.

http://www.unitspeed.com
    http://www.one2host.eu
    http://www.webhosting-hotel.com

I hope this helps...
    I'm sorry to hear that you don't find our website not too appealing. We have tried to make sure we don't look like everybody else. but please feel free to comment on your opinion. The site is new but we have been hosting for a couple of years. And we are a very serious hosting company. No shady business here.
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host

I'm from Denmark myself, and what I've observed about Surftown (my teacher bought it for the class to use for making our website):

1) They don't use cPanel - it's some custom development - I think
    2) They don't have too many options available for shared hosting, and in my opinion, it's hard to navigate through the control panel.
    3) They are a very honest hosting provider - and as far as I have seen, they keep their promises. Although we haven't ran into any problems with them - yet.
    Serverfruit - awesome cPanel hosting!
    Bacon forever!

Quote Originally Posted by tleonhard View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you don't find our website not too appealing. We have tried to make sure we don't look like everybody else. but please feel free to comment on your opinion. The site is new but we have been hosting for a couple of years. And we are a very serious hosting company. No shady business here.
    Hey tleonhard,

I'm curious. For your hosting packages, are the data servers used for hosting located within Denmark itself? Or are the servers located elsewhere?

Thanks!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mricketts View Post
    Hey tleonhard,

I'm curious. For your hosting packages, are the data servers used for hosting located within Denmark itself? Or are the servers located elsewhere?

Thanks!
    Matt
    Hi Matt.

Our servers are located in Germany, due to central European placement, but the company is placed in Denmark.

Is the server being placed in Denmark crucial to you?
    One2Host.eu - Hosting solutions
    Email hosting - Shared hosting - Reseller - VPS - Dedicated servers
    Linux Servers - Plesk - MySQL/php - 24/7 servermonitoring - More than 150 one-click installation applications - Money back guarantee
    Twitter: @one2host