Thread: Cloud Pronto ??

Question Cloud Pronto ??

Hello everyone

Does anybody know anything about cloudpronto.com ? they seem to offer really cheap cloud hosting compared to other providers, any reviews would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
    Hello everyone

Does anybody know anything about cloudpronto.com ? they seem to offer really cheap cloud hosting compared to other providers, any reviews would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Uh, the general rule around here is 'Stay away from Serverpronto and any infolink companies'.
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this link, but here goes: http://serverpronto-is-a-ripoff.com/

I honestly had a bad feeling when i saw there pricing, its just too good to be true, neither the fact that i tried their live chat 3 times in 2 days and no one was there to answer compared to other competitors.

Thanks for the warning, anyone else shares the same view? or other views for that matter?

Yes, please stay FAR AWAY from that company. There have been countless reports here on the forums of them ignoring cancellation requests, requiring detailed person information just to cancel a server, double and triple charging others, etc.

Someone should register every .com domain with pronto at the end of it. These clowns keep coming up with new names.

The Prontos

I've used Cloud, Server and Colo pronto on and off for a number of years now so I believe I'm qualified to post this.

They are okay. Great? No, but are often tough to beat price wise. The hosting itself is usually pretty good, its the other things which drives you nuts. Support is okay, certainly not the most competent in the world, but decent is you just need someone to reboot your server or whatever.

Yes, I've been double-billed on several occasions and yes cancellation is a pain.

The Colo service was an incredible bargain (had a few servers hosted there for around $60 per month - most other places charge $100+ per U) and was great other than the fact that the power strip would fail sometimes and cause all servers to go down. Didn't happen often, but often enough to be noticable.

ServerPronto was good, although I had signed up for one of their "promotional" servers where after a few months tell you that the price is going to be 3x what you're paying. Nowhere in the site (I checked everywhere) did it specify that. Very unethical and it would've been far more expensive then even some of their other servers.

CloudPronto was fast, no cloud features functionality (ie: can't reboot, see console, etc like you can at places like Rackspace) and I had some downtime that was enough for me to cancel. Great deal, but problematic to where it wasn't worth it.

They aren't a scam, but given the number of great service providers out there, they aren't the one-of-a-kind-deal like they were 5 years ago.