Thumbs up Review : GigeVPS.NET

I'm using their unmanaged VPS service from past 6 - 7 months and feel these guys deserve a review for their work.

During this period, I never had a down time. But, time to time they kept on adding free bandwidth and storage space upgrades. I think I started with 20gb space and now I'm allotted with 60gb space(I use around 70% of my space). I remember they've announced free RAM upgrades too but never cared it because I hardly use 100mb RAM.

I've never contacted their customer tech support during this period, because I can manage my servers on my own and the node never went down.

Btw, I mainly use their vps service for my offsite backups purpose.

Overall, Gigevps.net is a very good value for money host. And I recommend them for any one looking for affordable vps servers.

I'm reporting my Domain for mods verification.
    ►ExpertWebHost.NET- Instant reliable CPanel hosting since 2008+
    ►Quality Shared, Reseller and VPS hosting
    ►Choose to host from US/Uk/Canada/Netherlands/Australia - 10 locations

Thank you for your detailed review. Don't forget to report IP for verification

Glad to hear they're doing well for you and have been living up to your expectations! Great job GigeVPS!

I am with them 10 months
    i also has some customers to them!
    My vps that i have with them suddenly the past 4 days crashes
    as i speak with support they told me to rebuild it
    so i done it
    since today i dont have my vps!
    always i get network connection error or vps is not responding well!
    this vps has only virtualmin with 1,5GB memory!
    and it can even build my domain!
    i get this message
    Error
    Failed to create virtual server : Failed to lock file /etc/webmin/virtual-server/names/atithasos.org after 5 minutes

I think in some cases they are overselling!

BUT I must say that since now they do a good work the past 9 months and for my customers!

Now i have my domain up but the vps runs too slowly

I tried their service, just to see what the competition is up to. 5 minute activation is a lie, they hide the WHMCS link at the bottom of the cart and control panel using javascript, that's a real no-no, and their Google Checkout sends the payment to ThrustVPS. It's all kind of sketchy.
    Nik Martin
    nfina Technologies, Inc.
    +1.251.243.0043 x1003
    Server Hardware, Storage, and Turnkey systems for Service Providers

Quote Originally Posted by ServerCorps View Post
    I tried their service, just to see what the competition is up to. 5 minute activation is a lie, they hide the WHMCS link at the bottom of the cart and control panel using javascript, that's a real no-no, and their Google Checkout sends the payment to ThrustVPS. It's all kind of sketchy.
    Sounds like you're simply trying to buy a VPS and then bash the competition... what was your IP with them nonetheless?

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    Sounds like you're simply trying to buy a VPS and then bash the competition... what was your IP with them nonetheless?
    No, I genuinely wanted to see how they could entirely automate the process, and offer the VPS they do for $5. Well, I can't post the IP because I still havent gotten it. And hiding the WHMCS link? That's just wrong.
    Nik Martin
    nfina Technologies, Inc.
    +1.251.243.0043 x1003
    Server Hardware, Storage, and Turnkey systems for Service Providers

No, I genuinely wanted to see how they could entirely automate the process, and offer the VPS they do for $5. Well, I can't post the IP because I still havent gotten it. And hiding the WHMCS link? That's just wrong.
    Instant setup is easy thanks to the SolusVM WHMCS module.

It's possible there's a small hiccup during the instant setup provisioning process, it happens if a node is out of IPs, cannot connect to solusvm, etc. Sometimes they gotta come in there and give it a kick

I had a GigeVPS for a while, and the experience was in line with the price I was paying, I give 'em a thumbs up.

Thanks for the positive review and do keep us updated..

I do believe Gige is owned by ThrustVPS; so that could be the billing thing of why it goes directly to Thrust as they're owned by Thrust/Rus but under a different operational/type of service. I've seen plenty of companies do this.

That's not a surprise to me if it's some where known that the brand is owned, or operated in some-how by the company your paying with.
    FusionNET Solutions - US/UK Locations | Adult/IRC Allowed! | DDoS Protected Networks!
    Fusion Powered: Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers | Native IPv6 Available!
    202-505-HOST | LiteSpeed Support! | Live Web Chat!

I have an account to them (from hostlatch) then hostlatch gone gigevps
    and they double my memory and bandwidth
    that was very great my vps located in USA and in 2 months i will have 1 year in this company
    but 2 weeks ago i reliaze that they overselling vps
    so i speak with sales (i have a customer with them in uk servers) so i ask them if they can move my plan to uk
    they accept it, they create an account to UK and after i open a ticket with those i saw they updated my vps.
    and now i have 512MB RAM (I had 1500MB) and they told me that they dont want to charge me for 2 months (the rest of my prepaid plan)

I think if there were any possibility to tell me that if they move me i can not have all those that i bought!
    also when gigevps bought hostlatch they send us email that we can keep this package to those prices that we had!
    Finally
    I have the same price with no resources
    i have a support that they cant change the RDNS as i asked
    and of course my vps is down because i can not even install virtualmin

So Be carefull of this company
    And i have all the support tickets if you want anything to see

Also one customer of mine that i suggest the gigevps.net is the 12 day that he post a ticket that he wants to modify the rdns and nothing happened
    (and now he asked for refund)

Lets see if he get back his money!

after they saw here they finally increase the ram of the vps
    from 1.5GB to 2GB
    now the vps looks great

their Google Checkout sends the payment to ThrustVPS. It's all kind of sketchy.
    Many mid market web hosting companies operate different 'brands' to cater to different markets. High and low end, high bandwidth, and budget. Which is a very good marketing strategy and works well. It is nothing new, and sounds like the parent company is ThrustVPS.

Quote Originally Posted by VL-Adam View Post
    That happens all the time.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

that's right, GigeVPS is part of ThrustVPS. As far as I know, ThrustVPS, GigeVPS, IOVps, are managed by same company, Netintelligent/Iomart hosting.

And damnvps

Hello people
    I am new here and i came here only to provide my situation with this company (if it is a company)

One user from here told me about this company and i buy a vps for testing! i made 2 upgrades for the server and finally i have the gold package
    so i rebuild this vps and it works great! I also bought one more vps the same package. I pay yearly packages and i also bought 1 more ip for each vps
    for the second vps i waiting to make the rdns so i did not use it!
    for the first one they suddenly suspended and i asked through support tickets why they suspended it!
    For 2 days i haven't receive anything!
    i try to find support (nothing) sales (nothing) support tickets no one responds! So i made one more ticket for cancel the vps that i never used (I get it 8/4 and in 19/4 they closed all tickets) and they suspend the second vps that i never used it!
    i receive this message
    Subject: Service Suspension Notification

Dear Kleanthis Kefalas (Misel Group ),

This is a notification that your service has now been suspended. The details of this suspension are below:

Product/Service: Gold - UK
    Domain: server1.hairdressingnews.com
    Amount: $179.95 USD
    Due Date: 07/04/2012
    Suspension Reason: Overdue on Payment

Please contact us as soon as possible to get your service reactivated.

Thank you,
    ~ GigeVPS
    (they have get their money) so make disputes in paypal
    For one yearly upgrade service for the first vps ($78.16) for the ips $24 and for the second vps

of course they told me that i was spamming and they send me abuse emails to the server that they suspend! (from the first perhaps vps)
    as you all know it is difficult to see the messages so i can try to resolve any abuses or find any problem in this vps or even rebuild it!
    they just told me that i spam and they cancel the services